I don't flaunt my C&A Status

12 hours on Oasis. [emoji16]

Is that considered limited?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It is actually 11.5 hours...1130am to 11pm for beer, wine and soft drinks [emoji4][emoji4]
I'll talk to you, but we only go to Blaze if we have ice show or comedy show around 8PM
All right....now I know I have someone to converse with on certain days. Plus a pinnacle to boot [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It is actually 11.5 hours...1130am to 11pm for beer, wine and soft drinks [emoji4][emoji4]All right....now I know I have someone to converse with on certain days. Plus a pinnacle to boot [emoji6][emoji6]

John, just sailed by your condo. Docking right now. See you onboard in a few hours.

I’d say for every status flaunter there are at least two 2 suffering from status envy.

After our last cruise on Anthem out of NJ I have some sympathy for this opinion.

I see many people complaining about people 'flaunting their status' and a few people flaunting their status.

Why worry about what other people are doing unless they are being rude - like the "lovely" people who asked us if we were supposed to be in their queue when we boarded or the "lovely" people who asked us why we were getting off via a different gangway when we were getting off (because the crew directed us there! We joined the end of the main queue anyway.)

It seemed to us on that cruise that some people were far too interested in other people's business and far too ready to make comments and snide remarks.

I had not experienced this on our other cruises.

We became Diamond a while ago and I STILL feel a little uncomfortable when we go into the Diamond Lounge. And like you, I have never figured out why.

I get it. At 45 I have 309 points and still have that feeling when entering the D lounge. I’d equate it to crossing a border and talking to the agent, nothing to hide but you get that “internal feeling” of nervousness. We almost exclusively sail on Oasis Class ships, on deck 17, so the SL is where we “stop in”.

Yes you are. Per CC Guidelines..."ALL CAPS. Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting". Why keep posting to a thread that upsets you so badly? I just move on.

LOL!! Totally agree. I think that poster needs to think about another type

of vacation than cruising. It seems to be causing him some real distress. :o

And if he doesn't like the perks set up....just refuse to accept them. :')

There is an old Scot's saying "we are all Jock Tamson's Bairns" which means we are all equal. Who cares if you have cruised more than anyone else or if you sail in an inside or a suite. How individuals decide to spend their money is up to them but it does not make them better than anyone else if they achieved a higher status. There is also another saying 'there are no pockets in a shroud".

Funny. ;)

But once again...and I am not alone on this, I don't care about "Status" nor do I care what you think of my level in C&A. It's the very generous perks we receive from being "loyal to Royal" that we enjoy which saves us a lot of money. :cool: Plus the bonus of access to the DL that puts us with many like minded passengers that all have the same thing in common...We love to cruise! :D

We became Diamond a while ago and I STILL feel a little uncomfortable when we go into the Diamond Lounge. And like you, I have never figured out why.

Yeah....a looong time ago. ;):cool:

And if you did not walk into the Diamond Lounge...we would never have met the two of you. Great times we shared! :D

I'll talk to you, but we only go to Blaze if we have ice show or comedy show around 8PM

They are still doing the overflow in Blaze? Interesting....

Guess we will have to check it out in a few weeks.

Enjoy your cruise on board this week. Get your laundry all done? Two days ...that's a longer time ashore than normal for you two isn't it? :D

I get it. At 45 I have 309 points and still have that feeling when entering the D lounge. I’d equate it to crossing a border and talking to the agent, nothing to hide but you get that “internal feeling” of nervousness. We almost exclusively sail on Oasis Class ships, on deck 17, so the SL is where we “stop in”.

Why not get into the lounge early before anyone else then you needn't be nervous of anyone looking at you or saying anything.

They are still doing the overflow in Blaze? Interesting....

Guess we will have to check it out in a few weeks.

Enjoy your cruise on board this week. Get your laundry all done? Two days ...that's a longer time ashore than normal for you two isn't it? :D

I'm told the use of Blaze varies from week to week. It's not always dependent on D and D+ numbers. sometimes they can't use it because a group has it tied up to much.

Laundry done, re-packed and heading out at noon. pre-cruise Bailey's in about 45 minutes. :halo:

I'm told the use of Blaze varies from week to week. It's not always dependent on D and D+ numbers. sometimes they can't use it because a group has it tied up to much.

Laundry done, re-packed and heading out at noon. pre-cruise Bailey's in about 45 minutes. :halo:

On our last Oasis cruise, there was indeed a very large group that took over Blaze, plus the wipe out cafe (would have liked that for made to order eggs in the morning).

Have a fantabulous cruise John and Laura. Wish we were joining you on this one also! :) Have four weeks to wait yet.

Believe this week is over 800 d and up. I remember beatrice (d lounge concierge) saying that blaze will be used as over flow.

I enjoyed blaze immensely last week. Met a bunch of great folks in there. Plus my son likes to skate so I could go in and out and watch him skate.

Thanks. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. lol I wondered if it was an age thing. I'm 46, and felt that the median age in there was at least 60.

I know that feeling quite well. DW and I made D in our 20s and D+ in our 30s. Now, even in our low 40s, we still feel a little awkward when we walk in. That is, if we don't know anyone.

I know that feeling quite well. DW and I made D in our 20s and D+ in our 30s. Now, even in our low 40s, we still feel a little awkward when we walk in. That is, if we don't know anyone.

Its a shame you feel like that even after all the times potentially you have been in the DL.My advice is to take a few deep breaths and hold your breath for 10 seconds before you enter the DL hold your head up and smile and it will relax you.

Pauline interviews people all day and i have had various sales roles over 44 years so we are used to mixing but usually we go in the DL with the intention of just having our time to ourselves.

My Father and I are almost Diamond and when we sail we are some of the nicest people around who loves to socialize.

To me it does not matter if we are Gold or Emerald just that we are having a fun time and socializing with the right people.

I have never used status to get us better service. I figure the agent at the front desk or MDR can see our status on our SeaPass Card.

Whenver there is a problem I hand over the SeaPass card and they say"Thank You for being a loyal guest let me see what I can do".

I have seen these people rush up to the front of the line yelling and flashing their SeaPass Card saying" Were Diamond Were Diamond+ and we need you to fix this now. I don't care about the line.

I would never fathom to do this. The cruiseline knows who is a good customer. If we have an issue we bring it up to the front desk who notates the account and we then allow them to rectify the situation.

We also leave feedback wih corporate an they have helped us. You see its the way you give feedback.

Once I got the chance to speak with the Head of Guest Relations about the smoking policy not being enforced. He agreed with me and took it upon himself to get it resolved.

If you don't speak up how can they read your mind if you are having a problem?

The same goes for flying in First Class. I am gracious to the flight attendants and they have commented how nice the man in seat 1A is and offered me better service. Wherever i go I try to be gracious and understading.

What are your views on this? It doesn't get you extra brownie points to cut in front of line unless you have a life threatening emergency and flaunt your status. I am sure the front desk agents talk durirng their breaks about these kind of entitled guests.

We are only 6 points away from being Diamond. What does this do for us? Nothing except that we will get a few more perks. Doesn't make us any more special than before.

As for flying in seat 1A you really shouldn't build yourself up so much.:rolleyes: My husband is ALWAYS a seat or 2 ahead of you. To me and some others this makes him special. Besides, he has YOUR life in his hands.

My interpretation?

The fact that you’re even bringing it up means you’re flaunting your status.

This. (y)

We are only 6 points away from being Diamond. What does this do for us? Nothing except that we will get a few more perks. Doesn't make us any more special than before.

As for flying in seat 1A you really shouldn't build yourself up so much.:rolleyes: My husband is ALWAYS a seat or 2 ahead of you. To me and some others this makes him special. Besides, he has YOUR life in his hands.

This. (y)

At least we don’t need to ask what he does for a living. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"My Father and I are almost Diamond"

So you are Emerald.:p:p:p

At least we don’t need to ask what he does for a living. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, and I'm very proud of him. It's something money can't buy. :):champagne-toast:

Why not get into the lounge early before anyone else then you needn't be nervous of anyone looking at you or saying anything.

We are always busy doing other stuff, so we don’t worry about getting to the lounge early. It really isn’t high on our list of things to do. We do get the three free drinks during the evening hours and our cabin selection gets us a free drink package. I think it is more of a self-conscious thing than anything.

Does the purser on the plane sit in that jumpseat in front of 1A?