Reflection westbound TA '17 - Live(ish)

UKPete71

As I finish writing up today I remember we went to Tuscan Grille after the Connections Party for a 'How to cook the perfect fish' demonstration.

It was very popular, perhaps too busy for the location as you were limited in what you could see as they cooked. The chefs did explain what they were doing as they did it however you only really got to see the end product.

3887e5f52033a7dc16571fda66610846.jpg

e407421ab0d9423389501ce3d694c46b.jpg

e60dcf7b138249b7e94743b961ccceb1.jpg

d0a1035a93dab926b72f8e0bd54baa13.jpg

fa36cb7b6177593e5417884c729240d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Somebody once told me it stood for Dumb.

I believe that person has since divorced;p

We're sailing on Reflection Nov. 27th and enjoying your posts. Thanks and keep them coming. Do you know when the Master changes next?

Edited by Luvcrusn

Are the same four wonderful and sharing people in the Reflection Suite like last year? Those parties were so much fun and I loved the scavenger hunt...please share about the time differences on both cruises and your favorite.

It is the same guys. Such a friendly and welcoming group of people.

We don't get any time changes until after Malaga, so we've another couple of days before they start. The schedule says 2 changes, no change, 2 changes, no change, 2 changes, so they are spread out a bit.

I'm hoping the 25 hour days work better than the 23 hour days did too as we struggled with successive changes in April, maybe not helped by the 5 hour change we encountered getting to Miami the day before sailing.

The menus from Saturday night in the MDR...

I seem to have posted the main menu twice last night, with no dessert menu. [emoji15]

Just looking at my photos I didn't actually take a picture of it. We were having such a great time with our waiter and assistant waiter I appear to have forgot.

We've made it to Barcelona. The shuttle from the ship is €5 per person for a return.

There are a couple of other ships in port today. Freedom of the Seas is in front of us. Norwegian Epic is behind Freedom.

6c238d8588f12c2568bf1d4dc57bfc54.jpg

We are also on board this sailing. Luckily the weather is no longer gloomy. The sun is out and we are expecting a high of 73. We have eaten at the Lawn Grill and at the Porch. The Porch is wonderful and quiet. The tower of seafood is great, no fried food, lobster, shrimp, scallops and mussels.

The Lawn Grill was also good but the meat portions are HUGE. I ordered lamp chops and received 8 or a complete rack. We passed on the flatbread appetizer but it looked great. That is what we would typically have for our entire dinner so we may go one night just to have the pizza!

Desserts there were good, we had the cheesecake and the cookie. No problems at all with small portions on this ship. So glad UKPete is posting the menus and day plans!

Whilst in Oceanview Cafe we grabbed a couple of mugs, tea bags and milk. A cup of tea in the morning before leaving our stateroom is a must. I guess it's the British in us.

9289d1d19be7a013ff10465c5429a34e.jpg

Nothing like a morning cuppa right from the kettle! Room service tea is fine, but I don't think the water is ever hot enough.

Following along. We did our first TA a year ago, west bound on Harmony of the Seas. Would love to do another, but with X next time.

What time are your dinner reservations for? Just for the 2 of you? We have been frustrated on other sailings with how reservations have been handled and are considering switching to assigned dining. Thanks!

It is the same guys. Such a friendly and welcoming group of people.

We don't get any time changes until after Malaga, so we've another couple of days before they start. The schedule says 2 changes, no change, 2 changes, no change, 2 changes, so they are spread out a bit.

I'm hoping the 25 hour days work better than the 23 hour days did too as we struggled with successive changes in April, maybe not helped by the 5 hour change we encountered getting to Miami the day before sailing.

As well as gaining an hour as you cross the Atlantic, You also gain an hour as British summer time ends next Sunday 29.10.17.

I initially thought that it would be good to have 25 hour days, but by the end of our TA in Oct 2013, breakfast was being scheduled one hour earlier, as there were so many complaints that it was too late ( older folk tend to wake earlier anyway) By the end of the cruise I didn’t get much sleep after 4am.

I have been on the M class 3 times before. How different of a ride is the Reflection style ship as far as how it takes the seas? Is it smoother than the M class? We're going to be on it in June 2018 for the Italy and Greece cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As well as gaining an hour as you cross the Atlantic, You also gain an hour as British summer time ends next Sunday 29.10.17.

I initially thought that it would be good to have 25 hour days, but by the end of our TA in Oct 2013, breakfast was being scheduled one hour earlier, as there were so many complaints that it was too late ( older folk tend to wake earlier anyway)

I've no issue with them starting breakfast an hour earlier, although I'd feel for the staff working, as long as breakfast finishes as normal.

What next, starting dinner at 4.30pm? Celebrity don't control the time zones, although the Captain does control when the changes are done? How did those people manage with the changes going the other way, especially if they had 6 or more hours in one go? [emoji54]

We are also on board this sailing. Luckily the weather is no longer gloomy. The sun is out and we are expecting a high of 73.

There certainly were dark clouds this morning. Thankfully they were heading out to see and it's turned out to be a hot one today.

Someone did say to me that it had rained this morning. It must have stopped before I ventured on to our balcony at 7.30am as I didn't see any.

Thank you for doing this review, a TA is something we've never done but we do love sea days so we're def interested in booking one. I like the idea of gaining hours rather than losing them so a WB is what we'd look at. I'm reading that Port side balcony would give us more sun and sunsets, is that correct? Also, how did you find booking one way flights...is that much more expensive? We'd have to book one way to Rome and then a return one way from Ft. Lauderdale (or wherever we disembark). When do the fall TA's get released, if we were wanting to check out the similar one to this one for Fall 2019? Are there any sales on the beverage packages onboard since there aren't any perks included? Sorry for all the questions and thank you again for posting and including pics!

Cathy

What time are your dinner reservations for? Just for the 2 of you? We have been frustrated on other sailings with how reservations have been handled and are considering switching to assigned dining. Thanks!

We made reservations via our Cruise Planner for 8.30pm every day. Most times were available when we made the reservations.

I'm hoping the delay in to the MDR last night was a one off. We're in Murano tonight so won't know if there are issues again until tomorrow.

Our port stop in Barcelona just consisted of a trip to La Sagrada Familia. We were unable to get tickets on the day when here in April so made sure we got some timed tickets for today. We booked our tickets, with audio guide and Navity Tower about 3 weeks ago. I think they go on sale a month in advance, if my memory serves me right.

I checked about tickets for the underground to get us there from the shuttle drop-off. It's a short walk to the Drassanes station. You can buy individual tickets for €2.15 each, single use, or you can buy a T10 ticket that give 10 journeys and can be shared by multiple people. If you don't use all 10 journeys I've read the ticket is valid until the end of January the following year of its issue.

1e4a6db9db71c938f3e4681bdbdec5be.jpg

b98d3775b580679415480ed70c87222f.jpg

We got to La Sagrada Familia within an hour of leaving the ship but couldn't enter until the time on our ticket, so we had to wait around 20 minutes before we got to go in. It was worth the wait. The architecture of the cathedral is amazing and the views from the tower are worth the climb.

cfd9fcba181666560d45a3f8981e4564.jpg

beb8ae30a29a7c4520252868bcd4b645.jpg

0faabc5b36c65ba9110dd0ae99997d12.jpg

c52325d30e56cdfc620cc18a3be38f80.jpg

We're in the process of leaving port at the moment. Some lucky people have got to visit the helipad for the sail away.

20ee7155e4250f67e319b9c5ccb82664.jpg

Freedom of the Seas left at 5pm and then we had to wait for a ferry to pass us before we could push away from the pier. With us facing inwards we've had to reverse out and turn around in the port before we head out to sea and on to Cartagena.