Reflection westbound TA '17 - Live(ish)

UKPete71

Could you add a brief note to your postings about the weather - is it warm enough that we would enjoy a balcony?

We've used our balcony every day and have sat by the pool most days. It's averaged low 70s so far and I'd expect the same or higher as we move across the Atlantic.

And we have done select dining in the past and it has been a scrum. I think you are select? you have reservations? are they honored? are people coming to the dining room and being given pagers?

We made reservations before we left. Once on the ship we saw the same waiter we had on our April sailing so asked to be assigned to his area. That's the only thing that has delayed us on one day. If we had been happy to go anywhere then we would have been sat at our reservation time. The one day we did wait we were given a pager and told how long it would be. The actual wait was a lot less!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wednesday morning saw a pumpkin carving demonstration in the Grand Foyer.

42fa45e0f91479970fa17f47a0ea9335.jpg

c0964beca0f6de3770895ab8883c5859.jpg

c7176378da674d349b6d56b000d8c1e5.jpg

After the carving there was a Captain's Club Celebration Party in the theatre, which was attended by a few officers. Captain Dimitrios said a few words before passing the mic to Melissa, the Captain's Club Hostess. She gave a special mention to the dozen or so Zenith members on board and gave some flowers to a couple who I'm sure she said have over 5000 points each! [emoji54]

After the 'party' I went to the Sky Lounge for speed sudoku, or Speedoku as they called it. Charlotte, the Activity Manager, said the sudoku had been completed in around 10-12 minutes on the last cruise and there would be prizes for the first three to finish.

Well I completed it in just under 9 minutes and I was fifth to finish out of around 20. The first three finished between 8 and 8 1/2 minutes.

This took us to lunch and there seemed to be a British theme to some of the stations.

edd6dca0e77d23f550570858cb800796.jpg

e4d6e4b4cf332c732d44e6171d122509.jpg

With the planned entertainer for Wednesday missing the ship at Malaga the 7 and 9 show changed to a Broadway Cabaret, with songs sung by the vocalists from the production cast.

bd68d0c849b60229f4cc45aded34adcf.jpg

After dinner in the Grand Foyer there was a Masque theme party which included a performance from the production cast dancers.

b5960c616b4ebffa043ac0622a40c14f.jpg

Where is the smoking allowed on Reflection these days please.... is it still port side out on deck 5?

I believe so, although I'm a non-smoker. I've also seen people smoking at the Sunset Bar port side and at the Mast Bar which is starboard.

The sail aways at the Sunset Bar have been busy. I've noticed a lot of cigar smoking, so we've not stayed there too long during a sail away due to the smell.

Dude, you should get a free cruise out of this. It really is fantastic. If CC or X won't pony up I'd help. You have sold us on a TA - You listening, X?

Kind of you to say. [emoji23]

Doing this also allows me look back at the cruise in time and reminisce.

We've arrived in Tenerife, our last port stop before going across the pond, and it's going to be a hot one! The weather forecast is 31C/88F. [emoji15]

9fe783b2291023dd36307b456dbde062.jpg

0826d001aff8962903182b800df4941c.jpg

855d34906f252bc3fe33e81bc81b283d.jpg

We had our first clock change last night so we are now on UK time. Five more clock changes to go, the next is tonight.

It's called Golf Delux. If you take the AP-7 from Cartagena towards Los Alcazares, then leave at 790 and head towards Torre-Pacheco on the RM-F30 it's on an industrial estate on the left. If you get to a roundabout you've gone too far and you will see it on your left.

Many thanks UKPete, will definitely give the course a visit when we are there next year.

P.S. Really enjoying the review and excellent pictures - especially Murano - I agree its a great restaurant, and looks like you made same choices as my wife and I when we dined there on the Eclipse in September. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I believe so, although I'm a non-smoker. I've also seen people smoking at the Sunset Bar port side and at the Mast Bar which is starboard.

The sail aways at the Sunset Bar have been busy. I've noticed a lot of cigar smoking, so we've not stayed there too long during a sail away due to the smell.

Thanks, but if you get a minute can you take a peek out on deck 5 too please? I am loathe to book a room on Port side deck 6 or 7 if they are all puffing away below me!!!!

Thanks, but if you get a minute can you take a peek out on deck 5 too please? I am loathe to book a room on Port side deck 6 or 7 if they are all puffing away below me!!!!

When I had a quick look on my way off the ship this morning I saw ashtrays by the doors on 5 port side.

UKPete1, Tenerife last port of call, 7 sea days ahead time to rest. Please check if they will offer lunch at specialty restaurants. I have read other threads Murano has lobster at lunch time. Again thank you for sharing your review.

UKPete1, Tenerife last port of call, 7 sea days ahead time to rest. Please check if they will offer lunch at specialty restaurants. I have read other threads Murano has lobster at lunch time. Again thank you for sharing your review.

When we were in Murano our waiter said they would be open on Sunday for lunch. He said the cost is €30 but he offered it to us for €25 as we had already eaten there.

We had our first clock change last night so we are now on UK time. Five more clock changes to go, the next is tonight.

I think this means you will have 6 changes, as UK go from BST to GMT on Sunday. I suppose it will depend on whether USA have already changed, or whether it’s after you get to Miami.

The Porch [seafood plus burger), has been open every day for Lunch including Port Days. Lawn Grill was open for Wednesday at sea with a burger, tuna burger and vegetable burger option. The Porch menu is the same Lunch and Dinner and the cost is $30. This includes lobster if you want it, it’s on the seafood tower. One couple asked them to skip the mussels and add more lobster. Murano, Tuscan and Quine may open on the next 7 sea days. The Lawn Grill is having a special barbecue on the lawn tonight and tomorrow Quine is featuring Indian (Asian) food. We tried Sushi last night and the food was decent but the overflow music from the atrium made it hard to have a conversation.

They are smoking on 5 port side aft and port midship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums