Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Greetings Coolers! More sun! It has been much warmer than usual for spring here. No complaints! :)

And the birds are back to help with today's funny.....

31531306_1694125057301185_8639934251912921088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=08ed743e5e4986b764d53df313aa0ea5&oe=5B9BB28A

Have a great day all!

G’Day All......very warm and sunny here again in Wales....how long will it last though!

Pleased to know the weather has improved for you M!

Salads are on the main menu right now and today I’m having a typically English salad which one doesn’t often see these days when eating out.

JP...a cooler party on the 6th may be possible as I’m already in town on the 7th.....like Jeff I’ll know nearer the time...would be lovely to meet up!

Chiropodist in this afternoon so early luncheon! 😊

Good Morning (from) Vietnam! After almost constant 37 C (feels like 45 :() afternoons during Feb., Mar. & April, it seems monsoon season has arrived a little early. Today thunderstorms... and the heavens 'opened'. Now, the five geckos I share my apartment with are feasting on some of the billions of 'May Flies' (flying ants) - that have hatched to live for an hour for the purpose of reproduction - that got in when I opened my patio door to go out for a smoke. :D

Edited by Bill B

Reminds me of a call made to the Families Office in Hong Kong from a newly arrived military spouse:

''There's a lizard in our lounge. Can someone come and get rid of it.''

''Oh, chit chats we call them, they are common and eat the mosquitos. Just leave it alone. It won't bother you.''

''OK. But I really don't like it.''

Another few minutes go by and the 'phone rings again:

''Really, I need someone to get rid of this lizard.''

''But they really aren't a problem.''

''That's easy for you to say but this one's just knocked over the coffee table.''

Seems the poor woman had a monitor lizard in the house!

EEEEK! I am relatively fearless with bugs, snakes and little lizards. A lizard that can knock over a coffee table is more like a dinosaur. I would not have been making a call for help from inside that house. I would have been running down the street in terror.

On vacation in Thailand, I heard a very loud crash on the 'roof' of my bungalow. I thought a coconut had fallen on it. I went out and looked - no coconut trees over the roof. Puzzled, I went back in... and heard something 'scritching' on the ceiling. I took a flashlight, went to the bathroom, climbed on the counter and opened the access hatch to the attic. I stuck my head up and was literally face-to-face with a meter-long monitor lizard. :eek: He looked at me, I looked at him. He did a 180 and 'took off' while I let gravity 'do it's thing'. ;) How he ever climbed up to get in under the eaves I don't know :confused:; but, I think he was after the bats.

Hello all

Some parts of me are back.

Others are not.

DD said we have had large, I mean large lizards living in garage while we were gone.

I haven't seen them. But she has renamed our abode Jurassic park.

I do have photo will try and upload.

DS has our dog Eloise,I am sure she has been pampered and loved well. I will go get her once I am not so fatigued.

Neighbor has been feeding the neighborhood feral cat, named Victor/Victoria. Apparently cat is happy. I made the mistake of feeding it after the Hurricane and now it has become dependent to a degree.

And yes I know it's wrong, but she is really old and was being fed by another neighbor who divorced his wife and moved away. I couldn't bear to watch her starve, and she was getting very thin.

Jeff, there is a blog entitled lady&pups.com.

Been doing food from Singapore. I would send link but some of language might offend, I will let you be the canary.

Lots to catch up on.

Welcome back Spins ..... thanks for thinking of me ... you will be amazed at how many people inSingapore have food blogs ...

This are the little chappies in a park in BKK ... and a man who never found a dance partner and some other BKK park piccies ....

35070b9bbf558447c910fa652718323f.jpg

6c08cb75ed7144097bbcdad33e1e58c0.jpg

09b99ac69908cf75464d30bce22de7de.jpg

293287bbcbbcad011ce0f418b1a1a7a8.jpg

586cbefde17766c908d9190951ca8494.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I could handle that lizard Spins. He does look charming with his little bicycle helmet head. :)

More wildlife....

This is a Moon Moth (Actias Luna). They can be found in Canada from Saskatchewan eastward through central Quebec to Nova Scotia.

32116744_1694958307217860_4590250309099454464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=727bf7d03e59ace7ee5f6a838902e6f3&oe=5B951020

I think I could handle that lizard Spins. He does look charming with his little bicycle helmet head. :)

More wildlife....

This is a Moon Moth (Actias Luna). They can be found in Canada from Saskatchewan eastward through central Quebec to Nova Scotia.

32116744_1694958307217860_4590250309099454464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=727bf7d03e59ace7ee5f6a838902e6f3&oe=5B951020

Beautiful Moth Mysty, I have never seen

One before, thanks for posting.

Aw, a Luna moth! My mom loved them. At the celebration of her life many years ago, a beautiful Luna moth landed on the side of her house and stayed there for a long time. It seemed like it didn't want to leave.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Very moving story JP.

Keeping with the wildlife theme, on our Honeymoon in The Datai Langkawi, we

Stayed in a rainforest villa. One evening we heard a commotion outside our door

So my husband opened it dressed in a towel and was confronted by a large group of people gathered in front of our villa. There was a family of geckos living above our front door, and our villa was part of the nightly guided tour.

We also had very large lizards possibly like what TTS described as monitor lizards earlier, roaming the pathways.

Fabulous experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk