Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Terrible news from the US today. I guess it’s time for us Coolers to build a fighting stock of booze and drink ourseleves to semi-coma in the Cooler bunker.

Hi Jeff, you mean pulling out of the deal? Did you really expect him to stay in it?.......anything Obama did Trump hates.........no matter what it is.......

Terrible news from the US today. I guess it’s time for us Coolers to build a fighting stock of booze and drink ourseleves to semi-coma in the Cooler bunker.

I vote yes on Proposition A J!

Working on it. Problem is, that the drinking interferes with building up any kind of a stock!

How was Muse dinner in Dublin?

Dear Spins,

Welcome home.

I really enjoyed your daily updates from Muse. I have a post ‘Silver Muse in Dublin’, which I posted earlier.

We actually had one of the best nights ever on a ship last night. We were to have had friends join us but they cancelled last minute.

We sat in Dolce Vita and enjoyed watching many people meet and chat for the first time, wishing we were sailing with them!

There was a fantastic vibe last night. We sat next to an Aussie couple at dinner whom we got chatting to. They had only just arrived from Perth. They must have been exhausted but they were enjoying every second. It was their first Silversea and they couldn’t believe the difference even after that one meal, they were blown away.

Our favourite place onboard is Silver Note and we spent our last hour there.

The music began with Tim playing a guitar piece that sounded like the theme music of Narcos.

We had a lovely chat with him before we left at 11pm.

I really look forward to your impression of the crossing. We heard that Galway tender was very rough , quite dramatic.

Many Thanks for the phenomenal photography over the last couple of weeks.

Kindest Regards

(Sound effects....) rattle, rattle, scrap, screech.....That's me moving my stool into the bunker, dragging behind me any and all alcohol I can get my hands on.......When will it be safe to come out?

w

(Sound effects....) rattle, rattle, scrap, screech.....That's me moving my stool into the bunker, dragging behind me any and all alcohol I can get my hands on.......When will it be safe to come out?

No matter how many times you wiggle your finger in your ears to free it of your hoped for mishearing or however many times you rub your eyes in the hope that when you open them you find it was just really a bad dream, sadly each time one is left with the awful truth that all this isn't a bad dream but genuinely exists and there is a clear intention of making the world as dangerous and unsafe as it can possibly be.

No treaty is ever worth respecting, no line need ever be respected, no consequences is ever worth considering, none of history provides any lessons and no sage advice is ever worth listening to. I really still cannot believe it is all really happening. Who will ever believe future agreements and treaties. If a film script was ever written of what we are all experiencing it would never be seen into production on the basis of being too ridiculous to be credible.

All we need now is for some idiot (I mean other idiot) to hijack the twittersphere and declare war on Timbuktu and it will all start.

I'm just going to place an order for a 100 bottles of vanilla voddy and print off a hundred labels "In case of emergency please remove stopper and upend into my gob".

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Amazing photo,

Don’t know where the restaurant is but what is the dessert? Very impressive.

Thanks

You know, I can't remember what the dessert was. But it will have been amazing - everything at this place is exceptional.

Is restaurant in Barcelona?

No. This is from 2 years ago and the restaurant is 30km from where we lived in France. In the Burgundy region.

Greetings Coolers! More sun! We may actually have stumbled into Spring!

Bill....very funny! I have yet to see a door wearing anything..... let alone a towel. :)

Today's funny...(although it skates close to reality in our humble home) :)

untitled1.png

Have a great day all!

Lovely to see morale-enhancing initiatives by fellow Coolers!

We have some nice bluebells on the drive and a mutant albino white blue-bell. Today was stuffed Welsh shoulder of lamb with a Rosso onion gravy and bubble and squeak and cauliflower cheese.

015286ddea605f713f58a98da03317ac.jpg

707b2ac44ef269f47e76ee21f160ac8d.jpg

517e1f25ee4a74702e24aa9ac6a6beef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Morning, Coolers!

Getting into the planning for Chris's big birthday next January. As she worked so hard planning my trip to Australia, I owe her a nice trip. My job is easier than hers, though, as she's already told me what she wants.

So we're thinking of a few sites in South America. She wants to see Patagonia, as somewhat of a continuation of our trip last October/November. We've found a set of lodges run by a company called Awasi, which are all-inclusive. Even better, when you stay there, you have your own private guide and vehicle for the duration! So you can customize what you want to do.

They have one lodge in San Pedro de Atacama (which we've visted briefly on the trip last year and liked), one in Patagonia near Torres del Paine NP, and one at Iguazu Falls. So we will visit all three locations.

Now, getting between these lodges is a bit tricky. The two in Chile are relatively easy; you just fly through Santiago and then you can fly directly to within an hour or two of where the lodges are located. Getting from Chile to Iguazu is a real pain, involving a 5-hour drive from the Patagonia lodge to a remote airport in Argentina, then flying through BA to Iguazu.

So I've been in touch with the tour agency that we used in Santiago last year, to see if they will do a 3-day wine tour starting in Santiago and ending up in Mendoza. It's much easier to fly from Patagonia to Santiago, and then from Mendoza to Iguazu. And if we're going to take a long ride somewhere, why not do it in wine country?

Looks like a fun trip! I'm thinking we'll fly into Santiago and go to San Pedro first, as that is a place we've already visited. Theoretically, we can relax more there without feeling like we need to be busy the whole time (like that would ever happen). Then we will head to the lodge in Patagonia. When we return to Santiago, we'll do the wine trip, and then go to the lodge in Iguazu. On the way home from Iguazu, we'll have time for a day in Buenos Aires.

Any thoughts on these places?

Oh BTW, I finally got aroud to posting my Australia pics. Here is a link:

I do not know if I will ever have time to put a blog together. Work seems to interfere with that, and it pays better... ;p Plus, I don't have a blog site any longer, since TravelPod shut down last year. I need a new site where I can post the old blogs, which I've saved, so at least that work is not lost forever.

I moved all my albums to SmugMug, with the username jpalbny. There is a link to my homepage in my signature.