Is running back and forth while docked an option?

nelsod01

New to this forum and cruising, so I apologize if this isn't the proper place to ask this.

First cruise ever in March. Royal Caribbean, Majesty of the Sea, docked in Nassau all day 8:00 am -9:00 pm and I'm trying to plan my shore time and was wondering how quickly you can get back on and off the ship. Or is it even realistic.

We are planning on taking a tour and going diving, but we were wondering if a stop back to the ship for dumping our soggy dive gear and maybe lunch was an option.

Also, is there anything to do in Nassau between 6 and 8 p.m.. We see most of the museums and stuff close at 6:00 so is it safe or even worth while to get back off the ship in the evening?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions. And just a little background. I'm a compulsive planner type A and a slight germophobe. So please don't suggest I rent dive gear and just relax. That's not going to happen until I get a Plan A, B and C ironed out. Then I'll dial it back a notch or two. :D

Absolutely. You can return to the ship as often as you want so returning to have lunch makes a lot of sense.

If it was me I would just return to the ship late afternoon to get ready to enjoy the ship at night including dinner.

Having been to Nassau before there really is nothing to do of interest in the evening and you will have a much better time relaxing and enjoying the ship at night.

Keith

Once the ship has cleared customs and the passengers are initially released after docking, you can come and go as you wish just as long as you are back on board for the last time at least 30 minutes prior to the posted departure time. Just be sure to take your picture ID and SeaPass card with you when you go ashore for reboarding.

Might depend on which berth they are using. Don't find Nassau to be that bad - some are a much longer walk.

Yes, there are a number off docks and it depends upon how many ships are in port and which dock your ship is assigned.

What makes Nassau dock/port, a nuisance,,iMO is they do not permit guests to go the shortest distance form ship to street but rather insist we go thourgh the terminal which isa c ongested sort of flea market. One has to think they are trying to make for lots of business for the local vendors. There is a guarded gate at t the entrance to from the docks. The guard directs everyone to pass through the terminal and then you may g o directly to your ship or to the street.

New to this forum and cruising, so I apologize if this isn't the proper place to ask this.

First cruise ever in March. Royal Caribbean, Majesty of the Sea, docked in Nassau all day 8:00 am -9:00 pm and I'm trying to plan my shore time and was wondering how quickly you can get back on and off the ship.

A lot depends on how many other ships are in port. I've been in Nassau on Majesty twice when we were the only ship and at least once with 5 or 6 ships. Very different experience.