Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port and 2 Princess ships at the same time in Port

voljeep

With 2 Princess Ships in port at the same time on 11/13 ( Regal and Crown ) -

We have only been to the port when only one Princess ship was there. We always have parked in the Parking garage and just walked across the street to the ship. Will this change?? - I think I will also post this on the Crown Roll Call...

If you are embarking Crown park at the Midport garage which is close to Pier 21.

Should Crown return to Pier 2 which is closer to Northport garage a free shuttle will run from Pier 2 to Midport.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Is the signage good to show us where to go? - and if we go out of 21 and come back into 2, then we obviously have to take care of all our luggage on and off the shuttle? - I remember one time, we had to wait in a line for buses to take us back to the parking garage - maybe that was the same thing..

Not fun, and took about an extra hour

One of you can take the shuttle while the other waits at Pier 2 with the luggage to be picked up.

Ships embark at one berth and return to another regularly at Port Everglades. No need to overthink it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A little off topic but what happens if you arrive on the Roral and leave on the Crown the same day. Our dear now ex TA was clueless and suggested simply to walk with 4 total suitcases from one ship to the other.

As you enter the port area there will be a road-side sign indicating the port number for each ship.

If changing ships on the same day, talk to the captain circle rep on the first cruise about making arrangements for a transfer. Do this early in the cruise so arrangements can be made. When we did this before they had a special luggage tag category for us - it was one of the last to disembark. Once past immigration we talked to the first Princess rep we saw and asked where to go. He radioed someone and then directed us to a bus for the free transfer. We will be doing this again in Dec for the Crown to Pacific.

There are 3 Princess ships in port on the 26th of November. The Regal, Island, and Crown. Only the Regal departs that day though.

On 11/26 Crown will be embarking and departing with the usual complement of passengers. It will be on a five day charter from a Canadian company for "contest winners" who can only book by redeeming points/miles from its affiliates. (Don't think I am allowed to post the link here).

With two HAL ships also in port that day question is where will Island be doing its drop-off before heading out to drydock. As it is ending an open jaw Los Angeles-Ft Lauderdale sailing I don't think which parking garage is near will be an issue. Could be sliding in and back out of Terminal 4.

How is this helpful to the OP embarking on 11/13 and disembarking on 11/18? Hopefully reassuring them that it due to the previous and following cruises both ending with more than one Princess ship in port it is possible Crown will still return to Terminal 21 even though the only Princess ship on the 18th (odd that on a Saturday preceding a holiday week there is only one in the first place).

I understand and realize the big ships get T2. But why wouldn't Princess use T4 as well? I know I have seen a X ship there with Princess T2. I thought Princess could also use T4. That said, we have been at T21 or T29 sometime in the past.

Port Everglades website has pier assignments a week ahead of time.

I understand and realize the big ships get T2. But why wouldn't Princess use T4 as well? I know I have seen a X ship there with Princess T2. I thought Princess could also use T4. That said, we have been at T21 or T29 sometime in the past.

Last year when I boarded Emerald Princess in T2, Coral Princess was in T4. Odd because T19 and T21 were both vacant that day. (And a whole cage full of Emerald's luggage ended up on Coral, but that's another story).

While there is no question the best use of T4 would be for when two Princess ships are in port that originally departed on different days from T2, what has happened is that when the 5th Carnival Corp ship in port is an R- or S-class HAL ship, or the 3rd RCI/X ship is a Celebrity M-class, those smaller ships go to T4 while a larger ship may still be exiled to T29. While the berth itself will handle a Grand-plus class ship (I have seen one, either Caribbean or Crown, there) the drop-off area and walkway from the garage really cannot handle a 3,000+ passenger turnover.

Edited by fishywood

I'll be doing a b2b and Nov 13 is turnaround day for me. If we are docked further into the port... how will we get out of the port for the day? Do we have to take a cab or are there any shuttles to use to get us out and then after a few hours when we want to get back on the ship bring us back?

If changing ships on the same day, talk to the captain circle rep on the first cruise about making arrangements for a transfer. Do this early in the cruise so arrangements can be made. When we did this before they had a special luggage tag category for us - it was one of the last to disembark. Once past immigration we talked to the first Princess rep we saw and asked where to go.

Thank You for answering my specific question.

The Everglades app on my i-thingies show terminal assignments 30 days out. 11/13 Crown will be at terminal 21 and 11/18 Crown will be at terminal 2.

And interestingly enough on 11/26 Crown is scheduled for terminal 4 and Island is scheduled at terminal 21.

And one other piece of info that I hadn't noticed before, Regal is now scheduled to sail at 5pm instead of 4pm.

Schedules can change. The app is from the port authority. Love it.

The Everglades app on my i-thingies show terminal assignments 30 days out. 11/13 Crown will be at terminal 21 and 11/18 Crown will be at terminal 2.

And interestingly enough on 11/26 Crown is scheduled for terminal 4 and Island is scheduled at terminal 21.

And one other piece of info that I hadn't noticed before, Regal is now scheduled to sail at 5pm instead of 4pm.

Oh right - it does show more than 7 days (that is just one of the set filters). It's been a while since I used it so that stuck in my mind.

CROWN getting moved around. On 8th it departs from T2 (where I will be dropping off wife and daughter) and then I need to pick up from T21 which will be "fun" as I am not so familiar with it - although I know exactly where it is. I guess we will find each other.

I get to re-acquaint myself with T2 on Dec 6th for a BVE on Island. Apparently some changes since two years ago.

The one time we drove to Port Everglades, we did b2b cruises on the CB. We left from Pier 21, came back to Pier 2 for our turnaround day, then came back to Pier 21. I felt sorry for the people who took only one cruise and had to wait for transportation to their cars. Coming back to Pier 2 was great for us since it made it walking distance to Total Wine for me.

A little off topic but what happens if you arrive on the Roral and leave on the Crown the same day. Our dear now ex TA was clueless and suggested simply to walk with 4 total suitcases from one ship to the other.

It is a pretty long walk, through a busy semi-industrial area with lots of traffic, and no sidewalks.

I would look for the parking garage shuttle, which may or may not be available that day.

At terminal 2, it leaves from near the taxi loading point -- the first floor of the parking garage.

At berth 21, it leaves from the bus stop on the west side of the parking garage. The crew

buses stop there, so you should look for those.

Of course you can take a cab.

From terminal 2 to mid-port this should be easy.

Starting at mid-port, there can be 0 - 1 hour wait for a cab, depending on

how many ships are there that day.

You can also ask princess, but I think princess helping is a thing of the past.

Or, if you don't like to wait around. Get in a cab with your bags, and go

to someplace like panera bread on 17th street for breakfast. Dawdle.

Then, take a cab back to second ship.

We will be getting off the Regal on the 13th and then getting on HAL's Eurodam that same day. I wasn't picturing this to be too difficult or complicated, I was assuming there would be information boards to guide us (if it wasn't obvious where the Eurodam was situated :) ) . Does anyone know if/where the port would have locker facilities that we could lock up our two (small) cases for a few hours to allow us to go shopping?

I'll be doing a b2b and Nov 13 is turnaround day for me. If we are docked further into the port... how will we get out of the port for the day? Do we have to take a cab or are there any shuttles to use to get us out and then after a few hours when we want to get back on the ship bring us back?

If you are docked at the mid port piers you can not walk out. There are no walking paths. There are no shuttles to exit you from the pier. You have a few choices.

1) Look for the garage shuttle as described by Pablo222 in post #18, to take you over to the pier two parking garage, then walk out. Do the reverse on your return.

2) Take a cab both ways.

If you are docked at the mid port piers you can not walk out. There are no walking paths. There are no shuttles to exit you from the pier. You have a few choices.

1) Look for the garage shuttle as described by Pablo222 in post #18, to take you over to the pier two parking garage, then walk out. Do the reverse on your return.

2) Take a cab both ways.

Thanks. Do you think there will be a garage shuttle from Pier 2 area to Pier 21 in the afternoon? If the purpose of the shuttle is to bring departing passengers to their cars.... I would think it would stop after everyone debarks which is mid morning.

Are you thinking about parking in 2 - where the ship - maybe - comes back into, and taking the shuttle before the cruise instead of after the cruise?

If you are talking about me... no. I am doing a b2b starting on Nov 8. I will have no car (flying in). On turnaround day I wanted to be able to walk out of the pier area and catch the Sun Trolley in front of the Publix. I figured we could see FLL Beach and walk around Galleria Mall. Something to do. Last cruise we did a b2b we stayed on the ship and were bored (we don't sit around the pool) as there was nothing to do.

Crown at T21 on 11/13 because Regal is sailing out of T2 on that day.

It seems the app is only on Apple iOS and not Android.

I'll be on the Royal Princess B2B, embarking on Nov 30, turn-around on Dec 10 & debarking on Dec 20.

Could you please check the terminal assignments for those dates?

Thanks!