Anthem Escape Room

artvlay

On our two Quantum class sailings the escape room was available in the cruise planner for a very small window of time. If people on my roll calls had not mentioned them, I would not likely have ever seen them. The Northstar and Ripcord by IFly were available for a longer time, but again limited time on the cruise planner. You will be able to book the Ripcord once on board, and rarely did I see any problem doing the Northstar by just showing up. Try to book IFly as soon as you can and as early on the cruise as possible so that you might be able to do additional flights later in the cruise. We managed 5 flights on our 9 night Canadian cruise, and 3 flights on our 12 night Singapore to China cruise.

JC

Here is a link, https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/anthem-of-the-seas/things-to-do/escape-the-rubicon

we were able to sign up for the End of Jan. cruise for north star & I fly.

Unfortunately, that picture is not a picture of the room on Anthem, that isn't even the name of the escape room on Anthem. The cruise line really should use pictures from the ship in question.

The escape room on Anthem is Escape to the Future or something close to that and is held in Fuel, which is one of the teen areas. It looks nothing like that dedicated room.

It was still fun to do and can be booked once on board if it doesn't appear in the cruise planner.

We were able to book the Escape Room on Anthem. Our Cruise was on March 5th and the Escape Room showed up in the planner on December 21st. It was only there for a few days and then gone. It is my understanding that there are many no-shows, so if you are only one or 2 people, you should have no problem to sign up once on board or find out the schedule and show up and replace whoever does not. I was booking for a group of 8 or so. I think 3 other people joined in and we had a great time. We made it out in 37 minutes or so if I remember. But I do think the Host was a bit generous with the clues.

Also, like others have said, if you can, book your iFly early in the cruise, so that in the event of cancellation due to weather or other, you have time left in the cruise to re-book.

Several in our group were too late to book online using the cruise planner but were able to book once on board.

dp

Do they still have the escape room on Anthem? Went to website and no mention of it. Also Ripcord and Northstar said register onboard. Strange even though sailing is 3 months out.

Download the Royal IQ app now, and when you enter the terminal, turn it on. You will probably be able to book while you are waiting to board. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Any recent Anthem cruisers who can give us an update on the Escape Room on Anthem? When can you sign up? In the cruise planner or once you get on board?

I was on last month and did the escape room. Absolutely download the app and sign up as soon as it lets you. We signed up at 2 pm on embarkation day and there was only one time slot available. We signed up, but minutes later, it was all filled. (and there weren't that many kids on our sailing. I think they said in the 300's).

When we went to check in, there were quite a few people waiting to see if there were any no shows and therefore spots opened up.

I felt bad for the crew member running it. People were very aggressive about trying to get a spot.

It was fun, but not at all like the pictures I have seen of the new escape rooms on some of the other ships.

There is also an event in 270 called A Royal Mystery. They describe it as an escape room without walls. That was a lot of fun also. It was only offered one afternoon, on our 9 night cruise, so look for it, if its something you think you'd like to do.

Have fun & enjoy the Anthem. I fell in love with that ship!!

Terri

I was on last month and did the escape room. Absolutely download the app and sign up as soon as it lets you. We signed up at 2 pm on embarkation day and there was only one time slot available. We signed up, but minutes later, it was all filled. (and there weren't that many kids on our sailing. I think they said in the 300's).

When we went to check in, there were quite a few people waiting to see if there were any no shows and therefore spots opened up.

I felt bad for the crew member running it. People were very aggressive about trying to get a spot.

It was fun, but not at all like the pictures I have seen of the new escape rooms on some of the other ships.

There is also an event in 270 called A Royal Mystery. They describe it as an escape room without walls. That was a lot of fun also. It was only offered one afternoon, on our 9 night cruise, so look for it, if its something you think you'd like to do.

Have fun & enjoy the Anthem. I fell in love with that ship!!

Terri

Thanks for your response. Not sure which app you are talking about. I downloaded the app and it says it only supports 5 ships, Allure, Enchantment, Oasis, Serenade, and Symphony.

Thanks for your response. Not sure which app you are talking about. I downloaded the app and it says it only supports 5 ships, Allure, Enchantment, Oasis, Serenade, and Symphony.

That's the Royal Caribbean app.

Anthem uses the Royal IQ app.

That's the Royal Caribbean app.

Anthem uses the Royal IQ app.

Thanks. I downloaded the IQ app. Since I can't do anything with it here, am I to assume that I can only use it on board the ship or at the boarding terminal?

Thanks. I downloaded the IQ app. Since I can't do anything with it here, am I to assume that I can only use it on board the ship or at the boarding terminal?

You have to be connected to the ship's WiFi.

Yes. You can connect to it once you are on board, even if you haven't purchased an internet package. A lot of people complain about the IQ app, but I liked it. You can make (or change) reservations; see the cruise compass; check the menu for the main dining room; view your reservations/activities in one spot, etc.

Basically what everyone is saying you cannot pre-book escape room. Your best bet is to book is the Royal IQ app when you get on board. They app works with or without the internet package though you need to pay extra for the text feature I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In 2016 when we were on Anthem it was available to book on the cruise planner for a few hours until the very limited spots booked up. I religiously checked it every morning and there was nothing until one afternoon someone posted on the roll call that the Escape room was there. I immediately tried to book it but there was only one spot left. I kept that spot hoping to get another when on the ship but that never happened so about 24 hrs beforehand I cancelled (I seem to remember getting a note on board that they would charge $20 for no shows).

Just got off anthem last week. We booked the escape room at 1 pm day we boarded. We got 4 spots for last sea day. Just go to 270 when u get on and book it. Was fun, we got out in 35 minutes. Quickest they ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums