New Booking while onboard Packages

baytraller

An update. I emailed Nicole Lukacs, LCV Ambassador this morning and have had it confirmed by her and Signe Bjorndal who is Director of Onboard Sales and Marketing that the new offer detailed by the OP is a trial and may or may not be implemented permanently depending upon how it is received. It is addition to the current LCV discount and guests can still take benefit from that if they wish. So I think there are some crossed wires somewhere.

Phil

Thank you for doing that Phil, does it mean at the moment that you can choose one or the other but not both?

As you say there does seem to be some miscommunication here especially as it’s live on the Azamara website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Phil for getting a quick clarification. Is it possible also for cruise critic guests not onboard to have input - perhaps a poll Bonnie? I can accept majority view change if the test sample is wide!

Phil, thanks for finding out more details about this trial for us.

I suppose most new Azamara cruisers may prefer the new package but I, and I suspect most other Azamara loyalists, would definitely prefer to keep our loyalty discount.

Of course, none of us would say No to having a choice between the two when we book. 😄

Phil, thanks for finding out more details about this trial for us.

I suppose most new Azamara cruisers may prefer the new package but I, and I suspect most other Azamara loyalists, would definitely prefer to keep our loyalty discount.

Of course, none of us would say No to having a choice between the two when we book. 😄

No problem Lottie. From a personal perspective I hope that they continue the existing offer and at least if they keep the trial then run it pari passu. This trial is really of no benefit to me at all. I don't need an upgraded drinks package or a restricted OBC (with all the issues at the moment with using it for advanced booked shorex) and I get free or minimal cost internet anyway with the LCV discount.

Phil

When we last booked a 7 night cruise the B2B OBC was $350 for 7 nights or less and $400 for 8 nights or more

Not sure when this change was implemented we normally book long duration cruises and receive $400

Peter and Trish

Peter, I don’t think thIs is correct. It's always been $300/400 for those durations that I can remember. I’m not sure how you learned onboard that the old Passages program had been scrapped, but hopefully they now know it hasn’t.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Phil

Hi Phil,

Currently on the second cruise of B2B

On the first cruise received the old program flyer

When we returned to our stateroom the other night found flyer for the new program only

Checked CruiseCritic and found no reference to the new program so posted ASAP

Checked today and we are able to book either option while onboard

But there is no material for the old program at future Sales just copies of the new option

Unless you are informed at future sales most guests may not be unaware they have two options

Cheers

We are ready to book the intensive Greek cruise for September/October of 2018. If we try to rebook onboard our April TA will we be able to switch to LCV discounts if better deals? Thanks for all your expertise. These will be our 4th and 5th Azamara Cruises and we love this line. (Always try our 2nd favorite Oceania for pricing) but this itinerary wins. And price the same per night. ). Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am also currently on board Journey. The welcome LCV letter in the cabin upon arrival stated "When booking your next voyage onboard, you will receive a complimentary Experience More Package, which will be based on the stateroom category of your choice. The Essential, Enjoyment and Indulgence packages range from US$ 819 to US$2038 in value. This offer is in place of your existing % savings as an LCV. member.

When I enquired further at the future cruise desk it was hinted that the previous % offer might still be available. These new benefits are of no interest to me. I was intending to purchase an open passage certificate in order to get a % discount off a future cruise but there is no way I am going to risk buying one , only for Azamara to change their mind next month and permanently impliment these new benefits. There is also no longer any incentive for me to keep cruising with Azamara in order to reach the next LCV tier.

I am also currently on board Journey. The welcome LCV letter in the cabin upon arrival stated "When booking your next voyage onboard, you will receive a complimentary Experience More Package, which will be based on the stateroom category of your choice. The Essential, Enjoyment and Indulgence packages range from US$ 819 to US$2038 in value. This offer is in place of your existing % savings as an LCV. member.

When I enquired further at the future cruise desk it was hinted that the previous % offer might still be available. These new benefits are of no interest to me. I was intending to purchase an open passage certificate in order to get a % discount off a future cruise but there is no way I am going to risk buying one , only for Azamara to change their mind next month and permanently impliment these new benefits. There is also no longer any incentive for me to keep cruising with Azamara in order to reach the next LCV tier.

Sounds like there may have been a rapid U turn after this news went down like a lead balloon, wouldn’t be the first time[emoji57]

This is very poor. It’s not a case of crossed wires as I said in a previous post. To me it’s a deceptive tactic. Not good.

Phil

Actually I think people are misreading the information in the welcome LCV letter. It clearly says ‘this offer is in place of your “existing” % savings as an LCV member’. To me this is very clear that the LCV % savings are still in place but that you can take the Experience More package instead if you wish. If it meant that it was replacing the LCV % discount, it would have said something like ‘previous LCV % discount’. I would also assume that whichever you chose at the time of booking would remain with your booking.

I think it’s great that there is a choice. If you wanted to take advantage of all the benefits in the package it’s substantially more than the LCV discount. I booked a cruise onboard last week, but wouldn’t seek to change from my discount to the Experience More package, mainly because we don’t use the spa and are happy with the included drinks. Others may well feel differently.

Sorry but I have to disagree. The wording is very clear - in place of - if something is in the place, it means instead of to me. Nowhere are we reading this is a permanent alternative choice, more it is a test of a new option, which I have to agree is of no interest at all. I do hope this idea disappears as quickly as it has appeared

Actually I think people are misreading the information in the welcome LCV letter. It clearly says ‘this offer is in place of your “existing” % savings as an LCV member’. To me this is very clear that the LCV % savings are still in place but that you can take the Experience More package instead if you wish. If it meant that it was replacing the LCV % discount, it would have said something like ‘previous LCV % discount’. I would also assume that whichever you chose at the time of booking would remain with your booking.

I think it’s great that there is a choice. If you wanted to take advantage of all the benefits in the package it’s substantially more than the LCV discount. I booked a cruise onboard last week, but wouldn’t seek to change from my discount to the Experience More package, mainly because we don’t use the spa and are happy with the included drinks. Others may well feel differently.

I don't agree with you at all. No-one has denied that a choice in onboard booking offerings is a bad thing and for some it would be beneficial, but for others like me it works out much worse than the existing LCV scheme. It's only of value if you make use of the offers. I don't need an upgraded drinks package. So that's $0 value. On a 7 day cruise by cashing in my LCV internet discount an unlimited package is essentially free. $0 value. If I don't do tours with the ship and choose private excursions then the restricted OBC is $0 value. A discount on the cruise price that I get now and $200 unrestricted onboard credit if I do a Reserved Package is much more "value" and I suspect it is the same for a lot of others.

As to contending the actual meaning of the words used in the flyer it's pretty clear to me that the offer is instead of from the words used and even marmaduke questioning this on the ship brought about a very woolly answer.

Phil

I don't agree with you at all. No-one has denied that a choice in onboard booking offerings is a bad thing and for some it would be beneficial, but for others like me it works out much worse than the existing LCV scheme. It's only of value if you make use of the offers. I don't need an upgraded drinks package. So that's $0 value. On a 7 day cruise by cashing in my LCV internet discount an unlimited package is essentially free. $0 value. If I don't do tours with the ship and choose private excursions then the restricted OBC is $0 value. A discount on the cruise price that I get now and $200 unrestricted onboard credit if I do a Reserved Package is much more "value" and I suspect it is the same for a lot of others.

As to contending the actual meaning of the words used in the flyer it's pretty clear to me that the offer is instead of from the words used and even marmaduke questioning this on the ship brought about a very woolly answer.

Phil

So you're saying you don't think it's good--as Grandma does--that there's a choice, because you don't like one of the choices? For some, the new offer may be more attractive, in particular for someone on their first Azamara cruise who would get a very small LCV discount but might enjoy the spa and upgraded liquork offered in the new package. And having a choice will affect you (and me, as well) not at all, so what's the problem? This all sounds good to me.

Didn't you confirm with Nicole and Signe that this is offered as a choice, not a replacement? Why is choice not a good thing? Why are you so negative? Do you think Nicole and Signe gave you false information? I really don't understand your posting at all.

So you're saying you don't think it's good--as Grandma does--that there's a choice, because you don't like one of the choices? For some, the new offer may be more attractive, in particular for someone on their first Azamara cruise who would get a very small LCV discount but might enjoy the spa and upgraded liquork offered in the new package. And having a choice will affect you (and me, as well) not at all, so what's the problem? This all sounds good to me.

Didn't you confirm with Nicole and Signe that this is offered as a choice, not a replacement? Why is choice not a good thing? Why are you so negative? Do you think Nicole and Signe gave you false information? I really don't understand your posting at all.

Perhaps I didn’t explain myself very well. Yes, it’s great to have a choice, but there isn’t a choice if only one is offered when you get on the ship, done via a flyer and the sales desk onboard isn’t sure whether the old offering is still available. Yes, I did have it confirmed with Miami, but then reading afterwards here of the experience of two posters on the ship only told of this new one makes me wonder the fate of the existing Extended Voyage program. Time will tell. I've expressed my preference going forward to Miami.

Phil