Margarittaville on Escape

Eric234

So disappointed to hear of this cover charge to Margaritaville on the Escape.I was looking forward to the couch fritters @ 3.99 a dish. Living in NY I can't get couch fritters where I live. I was planning on going there everyday and have my full of fritters. We'll have to see if there is a place in Bermuda where I can get them. May have to wait for my next trip to Key West to get them ( as you can see I love couch fritters!!}

Posted this on the other thread so I figured I'd put it here as well. Sitting on the Escape now and Margaritaville has a $16.95 cover charge 12p-5p.

Hardly anyone used it to begin with - can't see that this will help lol.

Can you still get drinks under UBP there without the cover charge? I'm thinking of it as a tactic in my next cruise because the bar in spice h2o is always busy

Yes you can. Sounds like a good tactic as those are the loneliest bartenders on the ship.

I've never seen a report of it changing to cover charge on any ship other than Breakaway, where it was being tested. It has been a la carte pricing on Escape and Getaway.

The question from the post you answered was originally addressing Breakaway, whereas the original post was about Escape. I'm on Breakaway next week and from what I've seen Breakaway DOES have a cover charge. Also, someone just off one of the other ships this week is now reporting another Margaritaville now has a cover charge, this time at $16.95. Unfortunately, I don't remember which ship it was.

Ah, I see others are now chiming in that Escape is the second ship with the cover charge at Margaritaville.

We all know MG will fail to produce the expected revenue stream, and the exec team will have to execute plan B, which most likely will be another cockamamie scheme.

I'm pretty sure this is their plan.

When the venue was complimentary on Escape (before it even existed on BA & GA), there were 1 to 2 hour waits to dine there! It was ridiculous. People were blowing off, angry as hell. So they added charges which kept the crowd under control. Of course, everyone found something new to be livid about. At this point, they can't win. Might as well sit there empty.

I just checked my cruise details for my March cruise on the Getaway and Margaritaville is listed as ala carte.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Doug,

Please realize that NCL is notoriously slow when it comes to getting the web updated. At my house we sometimes joke around that NCL only has 1 person in Miami that does refunds (or whatever). Maybe it's true.

Anyhow I am sure the website will be updated for you at some point.

Happy sailing.

Ditto, last week, hardly saw any patrons ordering food, or drinks. That cover charge is ridiculous, I don't care if you can order everything off the menu in one sitting. I was looking forward to a decent plate of nachos to split w/hubby for - what - $10? But $16pp I could not justify.

If the Spice bar is crowded you can bop here for a cocktail and scoot back it's 5 seconds away.

They do have breakfast there every morning (except last). Eggs cooked to order, the usual breakfast meats, potato rounds, breads & pastries, fruit, beverages. It's limited but did the job. Quicker than main dining room. Way more civil than the buffet. It is a well kept secret.