SoBaycruiser

FCC about to expire?

My TA was able to extend ours once. I suggest you call your TA or Princess directly.

Yes contact Princess immediately. Since you have a FCD, you should directly contact Princess even if you use a TA. They well may extend it for a short period.

Yes contact Princess immediately. Since you have a FCD, you should directly contact Princess even if you use a TA. They well may extend it for a short period.

Or they will gladly refund them.

I sent a nice email to the Captain Circle email address...couple of weeks later an email came that granted my request (extra 2 years).

Now I get promo emails that include a banner to the effect that "here is a cruise on which you can use your Future Cruise Deposit !

Based on what you all said, I called them directly because they were going to expire TODAY! Just luck that I checked my account before starting my search. Anyway, they said they can only renew them if I have a trip booked. I explained that health problems had kept us away and we weren’t ready to choose something today. She finally said she would call that dept to see if they could be extended...which they were. Whew!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Based on what you all said, I called them directly because they were going to expire TODAY! Just luck that I checked my account before starting my search. Anyway, they said they can only renew them if I have a trip booked. I explained that health problems had kept us away and we weren’t ready to choose something today. She finally said she would call that dept to see if they could be extended...which they were. Whew!

Good for you.:D

All you have to do is book a cruise that is 18 months from now. Then when you know which cruise you want . Have the FCC moved to that cruise. Do it all the time.

She finally said she would call that dept to see if they could be extended...which they were. Whew!

Another sad example of how a phone call to a cruise line is a lot like Russian Roulette.

Congrats on the renewal!

Well, for anything special you have to get to the "rear guard". The back-office department in charge of that area or Customer Relations. You have to be persistent and get the front-line people to put you through.

Glad it worked out for you.

Well, for anything special you have to get to the "rear guard". The back-office department in charge of that area or Customer Relations. You have to be persistent and get the front-line people to put you through.

I have never had a problem with getting the cruise planner to refer the request to the responsible person. All it has ever taken is persistence and a friendly banter.

Glad it worked out for you.

I have never had a problem with getting the cruise planner to refer the request to the responsible person. All it has ever taken is persistence and a friendly banter.

Yes - what I said. Sometimes persistence is needed and others times not a problem at all. Just depends on the front-line agent you get when call in. It gets to the point now where I can tell within seconds whether the agent I got is a pro with experience, or a newbie who just doesn't quite have all the facts and wants to try and block access. Always polite, but sometimes you just need that other level of authority to get somewhere. Case in point is all the folks after OBC for not getting ***** experience on Regal.

Yes - what I said. Sometimes persistence is needed and others times not a problem at all. Just depends on the front-line agent you get when call in. It gets to the point now where I can tell within seconds whether the agent I got is a pro with experience, or a newbie who just doesn't quite have all the facts and wants to try and block access. Always polite, but sometimes you just need that other level of authority to get somewhere. Case in point is all the folks after OBC for not getting ***** experience on Regal.

Initially got a reject from my initial email request; second one worked for me.

All you have to do is book a cruise that is 18 months from now. Then when you know which cruise you want . Have the FCC moved to that cruise. Do it all the time.

We do the same thing.