Trip Report - Reflection - 12/8/17

tbmrt

I can't understand why no one mentions the 700 people from "The Village " and 300 to 400 had walkers, wheelchairs and electic scooters ! Never been on a ship with that many. A lot of people were very unhappy with having to watch out from getting hit or toes run over. Never seen anything like that before. They pretty much took over the ship. We felt like we were on Holland but worse. Celebrity lost us for the near future !

LOL! I did in my short review. :D After my sister was ran into by someone in the elevator by one of the scooters and went to guest services, they informed her there were over 300 scooters on board. :rolleyes: It was awful! We will NEVER cruise in December again! We have cruised a few time in November over Thanksgiving and never had this awful experience!

LOL! I did in my short review. :D After my sister was ran into by someone in the elevator by one of the scooters and went to guest services, they informed her there were over 300 scooters on board. :rolleyes: It was awful! We will NEVER cruise in December again! We have cruised a few time in November over Thanksgiving and never had this awful experience!

Wow, that is a lot of scooters! Since so many of us are living longer, I guess that is to be expected nowadays. It always makes me keep going to the gym for both cardio and weights, but one never knows when an accident will happen...Personally, I have had my toes run over a number of times, but no broken bones from that. Furthermore, a friend had his cane stuck in the elevator door; I tried to get it out and almost fell over...it did make for a funny story, but you had to be there for the bigger picture.

I have never had any experiences with folks from NY/Florida prior to this cruise.

I now know about the "Villages", lol.

These have to be some of the loudest , rudest people that I have ever encountered.

My wife and was run down by one of them with a scooter, never said a word, in fact his wife blamed it on my wife for "getting in his way", unbelievable.

I can't understand why no one mentions the 700 people from "The Village " and 300 to 400 had walkers, wheelchairs and electic scooters ! Never been on a ship with that many. A lot of people were very unhappy with having to watch out from getting hit or toes run over. Never seen anything like that before. They pretty much took over the ship. We felt like we were on Holland but worse. Celebrity lost us for the near future !

Please don’t judge those of us who live in Florida by the behavior of some of the people from the Villages (all 600of them!!). I was embarrassed by some of their actions and sense of entitlement but it is what it is. I can tell you that I will never cruise again on a ship that has such a large group booking, especially if they are from the Villages. DH and I are late 60’s in case you were wondering.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks OP for your informative review, and thanks to the rest of you for your experiences and insights. We’re booked on Reflection in early December 2018. This would be our first Caribbean cruise, and I now wonder if I should choose another month, or another line! Having had a bad experience with an entitled jerk wielding a scooter like a weapon on a TA (though I admit there were perhaps a dozen scooters on that cruise, and all the other users seemed competent and civil) I cannot imagine dealing with hundreds of them! How can I find out if a large group from the Villages will be on that sailing? Or any other large group?

Edited by Silkroad
Addition

We’ve done the Reflection for 3 years straight on the Reflection and had a great time. There were wayyyyy more elderly and scooters than usual this year but we were able to walk around them without any issue. I love the holiday decorations and atmosphere so I would do a December cruise again.

Thanks OP for your informative review, and thanks to the rest of you for your experiences and insights. We’re booked on Reflection in early December 2018. This would be our first Caribbean cruise, and I now wonder if I should choose another month, or another line! Having had a bad experience with an entitled jerk wielding a scooter like a weapon on a TA (though I admit there were perhaps a dozen scooters on that cruise, and all the other users seemed competent and civil) I cannot imagine dealing with hundreds of them! How can I find out if a large group from the Villages will be on that sailing? Or any other large group?

What are Villages? I'm not familiar with this term.

The Villages is a “master planned age-restricted community”that spans 2 counties in Florida. Basically the largest retirement community ever. I’ve heard large groups call themselves The Village People on cruises. :')

That's way too large a group.... and as we all know, large groups often take over the ship......venues, activities, dining venues etc. They are catered to at the expense of others. Just works out that way.

That many scooters sounds dangerous for a number of reasons.,.Glad we were not on this cruise!

Celeb and other cruise lines should list all groups with more than 50 guests.,,whether it be a reunion, corporate, interest group, lifestyle group, etc.,.etc....Then folks can decide if that cruise would be s good fit!

I can warn all of you that next year they are going to Alaska . I was on last Dec on the same ship and the mix of people was great and not one issue for us and that is why we want again this year on 10 day. I voiced my thoughts on comment e-mail last night and left it at that. We are taking a break from Celebrity and booking with another cruise line for our next cruise. It looks like they might be going back to passenger mix from past years. As for the incident on the tour we were on the boat that dropped them off. We were heading back to port after a great day of beach,land and sea . We stopped at a beach front hotel to drop the two couples off since they came with another group on the second boat. We left them on the beach in front of the bar that belongs to the hotel so that the second boat was picking them up and we headed back to port. A few minutes after we left 2 or 3 men came out of the trees wearing masks and hats and rushed the bar firing the guns in the air and telling everyone to run away. They grabbed the cash register and ran. Mean while the two couples ran down the beach and away from the bar. One of the girls tripped on a rock and broke her toe in the process . The other boat showed up a few minutes later and picked them up. We did not hear about any of this until later that evening on the ship. To add a little more to this adventure story we had two New York State troopers on our boat which stayed with our group . A real story for there honeymoon!