NextCruise...Just Say No

How exactly is the “out the door” price from booking onboard higher than booking on the website? The onboard prices are supposed to be the same as the website at the time of booking. Did you compare to website the same day or some time later?

We have found the try to scam you into higher cabin categories that have no real value e. g. same location - but they make more commissions....

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly you can keep your next cruise on board credit even when you get a price adjustments. I have booked a couple of nonrefundable cruises for 2019. And I have gotten price adjustments on both. So if I had even more on board credit I would love it. While I would book on board I will not pass up a good price to wait to book on board.

Unless you are on an Australian based cruise and booking under "our conditions". If I ask for a price drop on a booking then it gets treated as a cancellation and new booking. That means I loose the cabin number booked AND the onboard credit that was given from the Next Cruise booking onboard. :mad:

Yeah not happy with that one.

We had booked five balcony cabins at Future Cruises while we were on the Allure last April for a June, 2018 Allure sailing. At the time the cost per cabin was $2800 and included a $100 OBC for booking onboard and an additional $200 OBC promo.

During the last 8 months we took advantage of several "sales" online.....sometimes lower prices; sometimes different OBC. The $100 OBC for booking onboard remains constant.

Last week we switched to the non refundable promo. Right now each CP cabin is $1825 + $100 OBC + $200 OBC. Prices change all the time online!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's only ever been OBC and reduced deposit. Except the took away the reduced deposit unless you opt for non-refundable deposit. Note that GS or better staterooms are always non-refundable deposit now, no matter how you book.

And no reduced deposit. I looked at booking a GS for Christmas 2019 on Oasis or Allure, and it was full deposit and non-refundable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And no reduced deposit. I looked at booking a GS for Christmas 2019 on Oasis or Allure, and it was full deposit and non-refundable.

Probably because Christmas cruises are in such demand there's no need to offer reduced deposits.

I was offered $100pp deposit for sailing the week before Christmas. However, when changing that sail date costs $100pp, that leaves zero incentive for me to book on board so far in advance. A lot happens in two years. My last cruise was booked less than 30 days out for a great price.

So yeah, I could have received a whopping extra $100 OBC for booking on board 2 years out. Maybe $100 is enough of an incentive for some people, but not me. That's such a small percentage of the overall cost of a cruise.

Stopped by the NextCruise office on Oasis to inquire about a 2019 Harmony sailing All of that aside, when comparing the "out the door" final price vs what was offered on the RC website, I'd be paying MORE money by booking on-board. .

I believe this is an intentional strategy of Next Cruise.

When on-board a ship a few weeks ago, we saw the Rhapsody price go down to $379 on Jan 21, or approximately $1000 "out-the-door". Went to NC desk and asked about it and was told that I would have to pay $2100 for an inside. I said "no thanks" and left.

Later on, I rechecked on my computer for the on-line price and it was still $379, so I went back to NC and talked to the NC Manager. He too quoted the $2100 price for the inside. I told him what I had seen on-line and he looked again in his computer and said there was a OV for $1400. I said "no", I wanted an inside for the $1000 price and mentioned that it was a guarantee. He looked again and finally said "here it is, I see it now".

You tell me if this is not part to their "game plan" to get you to book at higher prices than offered on-line. Many other frequent cruisers have said they have had similar experiences with NC personnel.

When on-board a ship a few weeks ago, we saw the Rhapsody price go down to $379 on Jan 21, or approximately $1000 "out-the-door". Went to NC desk and asked about it and was told that I would have to pay $2100 for an inside. I said "no thanks" and left.

Later on, I rechecked on my computer for the on-line price and it was still $379, so I went back to NC and talked to the NC Manager. He too quoted the $2100 price for the inside. I told him what I had seen on-line and he looked again in his computer and said there was a OV for $1400. I said "no", I wanted an inside for the $1000 price and mentioned that it was a guarantee. He looked again and finally said "here it is, I see it now".

You tell me if this is not part to their "game plan" to get you to book at higher prices than offered on-line. Many other frequent cruisers have said they have had similar experiences with NC personnel.

This exactly their scam!

Happens all the time to me and friends you have to insist on the lowest rate and cabin type or they try to scam you into something more expensive!

I think they added to the Next Cruise staff long before they changed the reduced deposit terms. It will be interesting to see if the still need all that staff.

We were on Independence last week. Every time I walked by there was 1 person there. The ncc was in the concierge lounge and when I inquired about the 2 bedroom at suite for dec 2018 and wasn't sure if my daughters graduate school schedule would allow she encouraged me to book and then cancel within 30 days. She really wanted the booking.

This exactly their scam!

Happens all the time to me and friends you have to insist on the lowest rate and cabin type or they try to scam you into something more expensive!

Anyone who gets talked into a more expensive cruise than they really want by a salesman deserves to be “scammed”.

It’s only a scam to those not smart enough to realize it.

When booking the Nonrefundable deposit on board you do have 30 days to cancel or make changes for no fee.

If I book on board I always take my iPad with me showing the price as listed. If the NC price doesn’t match or less, I show them the price I see listed. They eventually find the correct price!! I hate to see how many people are over charged!!

Carla

You may be right, but we shall see. That reduced deposit was a big draw.

The reduced deposit and OBC as well as a refundable deposit. My issue is with the non- refundable as I agree with the OP, that if you book too far out you never know if you would need to change/cancel. I'm looking at it as a change fee and it makes me feel better.

I found $300 lower price on our Med cruise after a previous price drop of $152 and the agent and supervisor I talked to on the phone both said it didn't exist. I had to take a screen shot and send it to Mr. Bayley in order to get the lower price. I absolutely believe they do not want to give you a price break.

Interesting they have added more sales people for next cruise office and have lessened the value of booking onboard.

Also on the NOS the Loyalty ambassador has been moved to deck 2 forward where the old theater was.

Shows what is more important to RCCL Sales or Loyalty??????

Hi,

I remember when the Loyalty Ambassador was also the person who did the cruise bookings. The L.A. had a lot more power then. Think it's been since about the last three or so years that the Loyalty Amb. is there to field complaints only & NextCruise does bookings.

To clarify, if you do a booking onboard but your TA cruise price is lower, is RC supposed to match TA website price if you leave cruise with RC?

And if you move cruise from RC to TA, does TA have to honour lower price on their own website?

Appreciate anyone's experience with this.

NJ