Upgrade to premium drinks package

Cebse

You can also wait until you board. During the first day or so, find a bartender you like and upgrade with him/her. The cost is $10 per day plus a 18% ($1.80 per day) gratuity that the person who sells you the upgrade receives. If you make a connection with someone they will probably remember you and you could get that drink a little faster as the cruise goes on.

You can also wait until you board. During the first day or so, find a bartender you like and upgrade with him/her. The cost is $10 per day plus a 18% ($1.80 per day) gratuity that the person who sells you the upgrade receives. If you make a connection with someone they will probably remember you and you could get that drink a little faster as the cruise goes on.

And you may wish to wait and see whether or not the drinks you enjoy are priced at the level for which the upgrade is economically justified.

The breakeven average drinks per day for the upgrade is 10 $10 drinks, 5 $11 drinks, 3.33 $12 drinks or 2.5 $13 or higher drinks. These quantities are in addition to the unlimited number of $9 or less drinks.

And you may wish to wait and see whether or not the drinks you enjoy are priced at the level for which the upgrade is economically justified.

The breakeven average drinks per day for the upgrade is 10 $10 drinks, 5 $11 drinks, 3.33 $12 drinks or 2.5 $13 or higher drinks. These quantities are in addition to the unlimited number of $9 or less drinks.

Also there are some bottled water brands, like san pellegrino which are only included in the premium package (and I assume would be full price if one stayed with the classic package). Those two to three bottles of the san pellegrino per day change the break even point for us.

You can modify your package up to 4 days prior to sailing by cancelling and reordering the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the beverage package was a part of your booking & not something you purchased separately DO NOT cancel the package. You can call Celebrity and tell them you want to upgrade and they can handle it or you can upgrade once you are on the ship. Any bartender or bar staff can handle it. Cost with gratuities is $11.80 pp per day.

If the beverage package was a part of your booking & not something you purchased separately DO NOT cancel the package. You can call Celebrity and tell them you want to upgrade and they can handle it or you can upgrade once you are on the ship. Any bartender or bar staff can handle it. Cost with gratuities is $11.80 pp per day.

Good point about not canceling. This website can barely handle data entered perfectly. Throw this kind of curve in there and you may end up sleeping in the engine room.

Ok, lets put some truth and facts to upgrades. There is no advantage to doing it prior to your cruise unless you are offered some nice discount from the $10 + 18% or $11.80 per passenger day. Our best advice is as follows. Wait until you are aboard and are at a bar or restaurant ordering drinks. If, when looking at the drink options, you think you want to upgrade..simply tell your server or bar tender and it will be done in seconds (or minutes) and they will add a sticker to your cruise card. Your upgrade is in the computer so no worries if you lose your cruise card (Guest Services will simply issue you a new card that will indicated "PALL" for Premium package.

On our recent back to back on the Regal we did upgrade to Premium on both our cruises 11 and 10 days. On our 2nd cruise we stopped at one of our favorite bars and asked a friendly bar tender to upgrade us. He told us that Celebrity was having a December sale and we would get 10 days of Premium but only have to pay for 8 days :). That was a nice surprise....and we would not have gotten that deal if we had upgraded in advance.

Hank

Is it possible for one person to upgrade a package and the spouse not do so? I like the specialty martinis, drinks at the World Class bar and higher end wines. My husband is fine with the classic drinks.

Yes, one person in the cabin can keep the classic package, and the other pay for just one upgrade for themselves.

If you're wine drinkers, I recommend you both do the premium. Otherwise, at dinner, your Sommelier will have only a very limited selection for your husband and you'd have to drink different wines. In total when combining the Cellarmasters wine list and the various dining room wine lists, there are almost 40 wines by the glass available on the Premium package, versus I believe just 5 or 6 on the Classic.

You can upgrade the day you sail - in fact, they will be climbing all over you to do exactly that. Why? It depends on your drink of choice. I looked into it and there was no benefit for me. My advice is to look at what you get and see if it is worth the price to you. To me it was not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We upgraded on day 1 of the cruise, just after boarding in the MDR having lunch.

10 days for the price of 8.

If you are a drinker I would recommend that you upgrade, no need to drink cheap liquor when you could have top shelf.

My drink of choice is Bombay Sapphire and tonic, can't get it with Classic package, but I also drank other top shelf liquors because I could, lol.

I upgrade so I can get as many large bottles of water as I want ,as well as smoothie,coffee ,wine. You can do the upgrade on line .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both the small and large regular bottled water and most of the specialty coffees are included in the Classic. Not sure about the smoothies but I think they were removed from the Classic.

• 4 months later...
Yes, one person in the cabin can keep the classic package, and the other pay for just one upgrade for themselves.

If you're wine drinkers, I recommend you both do the premium. Otherwise, at dinner, your Sommelier will have only a very limited selection for your husband and you'd have to drink different wines. In total when combining the Cellarmasters wine list and the various dining room wine lists, there are almost 40 wines by the glass available on the Premium package, versus I believe just 5 or 6 on the Classic.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is very useful to newbies like me.

;p

I upgrade so I can get as many large bottles of water as I want ,as well as smoothie,coffee ,wine. You can do the upgrade on line .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you answer a question for me please.

Can you take the water you get free on the drinks packages off the ship on excursions?

Hi Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you answer a question for me please.

Can you take the water you get free on the drinks packages off the ship on excursions?

Sure can. You also get water as you exit the ship, they sell bottles right there.

My advice for what it's worth, just wait. Go to a bar or two and see if they have what you want to drink. If they don't, decide if you'll just have a couple over the classic price or many. If just a couple then don't upgrade and just pay the difference. If many, then splurge.

I don't drink but my wife has never felt the need to upgrade. A mudslide is a mudslide, lol.

Like someone else said if you are a wine drinker it might be worthwhile to upgrade. If you're a mixed drink drinker, maybe not so much, but wait and see for yourself.

I don't think I read it here but you can also wait until later in the cruise to upgrade too. Say day 4 you decide you'll drink more top shelf then upgrade then and only be charged for the remaining days.

enjoy

From everything I have read so far, it's best to upgrade onboard. The charge to upgrade will go onto your account and if you have OBC, it can be paid with it.

Seems like some have been able to get a discount by asking. So why pay $ up front when you could pay less or next to nothing if you have OBC to use up.

I'd wait until you are onboard and wait a few days to see if you really need to upgrade. My husband and I were on Celebrity Solstice last August with the classic package and never spent an additional dime on drinks. We felt no need to upgrade. We do like wine, but there were a few in the classic package that were good so we stuck with those. I think you can upgrade anytime until your last 2 days on a 7 day, last 4 days on a 10 day, not sure about longer than those.