Evening Chic Dress Code

JoyFrances

You shouldn't stress.

Just dress nicely.

There are many options.

Just don't dress like you are going to the beach' date=' ball game or corner store.[/quote']

Does anyone miss the old formal evenings?

Thank you for your advice Can'tstopcruising. Luckily I haven't been kept awake at night thinking of this.😴

The word "chic" is defined as elegantly and stylishly fashionable. Either you are or you're not. No excuses necessary.

Oh boy! What a can of worms!

Firstly, often stylishly fashionable is anything but elegant. Some people are innately stylishly fashionable and some are innately elegant. A very small percent of the population are both. Most are neither!

Don't give the posters more stress!

OK' date=' you've got me on a roll!

Is Meghan Markle stylishly fashionable? Is she elegant?

What about Kate. Is she stylishly fashionable? Is she elegant?

How many of us would give the same answers????[/quote']

No. Pippa could teach them both a thing or two. :D

I don't have a problem as I know exactly what to wear on evening chic. What my wife tells me what I'm wearing. :D I've worn formal wear on evening chic. On our last cruise on the Infinity I wore short sleeved polo/golf shirts and dockers on evening chic in the MDR (Select Dining).

And both are perfectly acceptable according to Celebrity’s policy.

There's no problem except here. People who know how to dress for dinner in a nice dining room and look nice will and those who don't won't, no matter what anyone says.

We have been cruising for many years and no one used to need an interpreter to tell them how to dress for dinner. Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What brand was over $150 on sale?

Was it a big discount?

Could be something like Ralph Lauren's Purple Label.

In the U.K. When discounted Ralph Lauren's purple label polos usually retail for about £100 (slightly better if you can find it at a discount outlet (including very rarely even TK Max) but it's hard to find) full price is typically £250-£300 - lot of money for a polo shirt. Purple Label is usually made in Italy - better quality materials than the regular stuff.

There's no problem except here. People who know how to dress for dinner in a nice dining room and look nice will and those who don't won't, no matter what anyone says.

We have been cruising for many years and no one used to need an interpreter to tell them how to dress for dinner. Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

I agree 109%

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And that can be defined by each individual differently, there is no standard definition. Sorry

chic | Definition of chic in English by Oxford Dictionaries

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/chic[/url]

Definition of chic - elegantly and stylishly fashionable.

Sorry

And that still can be interpreted by the individual or the group. Sorry again.....You are right however that nobody needed an interpreter years ago as to what clothes to wear because Celebrity clearly defined what was to be worn and the fact that if you didn't wear the correct clothes, your only choice for dining was in your room.

Problem now is evening chic is so open to interpretation and I have never seen anyone from Celebrity define what designer jeans are, all jeans are designed by someone. Most people on Celebrity dress properly, that is still a fact.

The word "chic" is defined as elegantly and stylishly fashionable. Either you are or you're not. No excuses necessary.

On a recent cruise, I was eating dinner in the dining room when 3 young women came in and were seated at the dining table next to me.

I think they were European. Maybe Italian or Russian. All 3 were dressed similarly like this. They looked very elegant and stylish. Very CHIC. :DWhat do you think?

Enjoy your cruise.

54697C35-8939-4E9A-8D5D-61D632BCFF45_zps0bfv2s3m.jpeg

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On a recent cruise, I was eating dinner in the dining room when 3 young women came in and were seated at the dining table next to me.

I think they were Italian or Russian. All 3 were dressed similarly like this. They looked very elegant and stylish. Very CHIC. :D You think?

Relevance?

Relevance?

Europeans more fashion conscience? Usually better dressed than PAX from North America? O r is it that Europeans have a different perspective what is elegant and stylish? CHIC?

These 3 young women were speaking some European language. My guess Italian or Russian. They could have been German or Scandinavian. I’m not good at languages.

Just my observations. Yours?

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Perhaps the poster can also ask why the policy is not enforced and people still dine in the MDR wearing regular t shirts every night.

Never saw that at night on Eclipse. Maître D stopped anyone dressed like that & told them to dress properly. Can't say about other Celebrity ships.

For us it's simple. We dress like we're going to a NICE restaurant(not Applebee's) & then going to a nice show..like the "Boston Pops" for example. Not a tux, but at least a nice suit.

I think they were European. Maybe Italian or Russian. All 3 were dressed similarly like this. They looked very elegant and stylish. Very CHIC. :DWhat do you think?

Enjoy your cruise.

Uh, yeah, Like I'm going to see anyone look like that on ANY cruise I'm on. I'm gay & trust me I never saw a guy look that good on any cruise, either. Well, maybe some of the staff, perhaps.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hey - what's with the posting a picture of my wife, Svetlana Di Genoa, on Cruise Critic.