Stop spamming

Cruise Junky

I have seen on other boards the description attached by CC to their profile indicating they are official and verified. i.e, mine is "cool cruiser" and with more posts graduate to "Blue Ribbon cruiser", etc

So if this is an official post then they did not go through CC channels, perhaps in haste or perhaps they are indeed not official.

(Note to the serious: the following is intended to be humorous) As a mea culpa maybe the post was made by the same tech who put a typo in the code that caused all the email - programmers are not know for spelling skills.

T-shirt:

I am a porgrammer (crossed out)

I am a Progremer (crossed out)

I am a Programmar (crossed out)

I write code

Had a tech on our team who wore a t-shirt like that many years ago; he is no longer with the company.

Edited by YoHoHo
correct typo :)

OMG

Some of you people must never make any mistakes

Possibly the person did not have time to be VERIFIED by CC & just wanted to let people know they were trying to fix the problem however it happened

No good deed goes unpunished

OMG

Some of you people must never make any mistakes

Possibly the person did not have time to be VERIFIED by CC & just wanted to let people know they were trying to fix the problem however it happened

I wrote "So if this is an official post then they did not go through CC channels, perhaps in haste...".

Not taking the time to be verified by CC and wanting to respond to this thread quickly was indeed my intended meaning

The O Cheerleaders will take any and all avenues to advance the cause.

I can often be an O cheerleader my self, however all of this has an unpleasant smell.

If Oceanla believes it had a problem, one would expect them to respond to their thousands of dedicated customers they sent the multiple emails to with an apology, not an error based email to CC that only a small percentage of its cruisers read. I’d call it a fake posting by an Oceania apologist.

Good for you taking a stand on this. I can only imagine had the missed a chocolate on turn down service. Equifax's data breach of info they were to hold safe pales by comparison with this IT issue yet they are still in business. Oh yeah, Home Depot , Goldman Sacks. of course this is not good but so bad as to never buy their product, probably for the best they lost you now.

I guess some people don’t get “tongue in cheek “ posts........ relax!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Talk about overreacting. This is much ado about nothing. Obviously a computer glitch. Life is short. Get outraged over important stuff if you must. A lot of wasted energy here imo.

Sure is a waste of energy. They will correct the problem and we will move on to better things like planning our next cruise. Happy New Years to all.

Talk about overreacting. This is much ado about nothing. Obviously a computer glitch. Life is short. Get outraged over important stuff if you must. A lot of wasted energy here imo.

+1.

It was pretty clear all along it was a glitch. It's funny that one poster felt it was worthwhile to create an Oceania account in response (but even funnier that a couple of others bought it! :p).

So do you think the post is from Oceania?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were. O needed to put out the posting firestorm and address the subject. It would make sense that someone at O hastily registered, since there hasn't been a previous presence, and posted a quick message.

If they are an O employee, hopefully they'll get verified and become a good liaison like Bonnie at AZ is. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt at this point instead of trashing them. Are you always as mean in real life as you come across in your CC posts?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were. O needed to put out the posting firestorm and address the subject. It would make sense that someone at O hastily registered, since there hasn't been a previous presence, and posted a quick message.

If they are an O employee, hopefully they'll get verified and become a good liaison like Bonnie at AZ is. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt at this point instead of trashing them.

That is, if nothing else, completely adorable. :evilsmile: :hearteyes:

If they are an O employee, hopefully they'll get verified and become a good liaison like Bonnie at AZ is. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt at this point instead of trashing them. Are you always as mean in real life as you come across in your CC posts?

For many years in the past Mr. FDR would post when something needed to be said or corrected. I guess he is just too busy at this time to do it but it was nice to see that he read these boards and was interested in what was going on. Maybe he still reads them but does not have the time to be as active as in the past. :):):)

Interesting... I was getting promo emails since I had signed up for them in 2015...Then I booked by 1st O cruise in Dec. 2015, for an April 2016 cruise. I have not received ONE email since I booked that 1st cruise. Called O several times over the last 2 years...they said I am on the list...Still no emails. Also not getting any USPS mailed brochures since June 2017.