Tea Bags?

potsie57

Does anyone know what kind of tea bags are on the Serenade of the seas? I will bring my own if they don't have any.. thanks

I'd bring your own if you are particular. While they do have a good selection at times, it's not dependable. You might find a variety you like one day, and then not see it the rest of the week.

thanks for the replies! I just like black tea like English Breakfast, nothing fancy...

The latest version of that is called London Breakfast on board. I found I havd to use two bags to get decent flavor.

When we sailed on the Brilliance in Aug. their tea bags were mostly "Fields & Selects" brand. Various selections from decaf to regular black tea and other flavors such as chamomile. On occasion, I saw Tetley's, but not in a large quantity.

Guest maddycat
I love the fairly new brand of tea on the ships now....and can't find that brand anywhere else. The bags state "London Tea Company" and has a Fair Trade emblem.

I agree. I thought that the London Tea Company tea was excellent.

In the past I didn't see black tea in the selection brought to me at dinner but it was available at the Windjammer. I told my waiter and every night after he had it for me. One of the advantages of traditional dining. Same waiter every night so he knows your preferences.

thanks for the replies! I just like black tea like English Breakfast, nothing fancy...

I also used to like the old English Breakfast they had on board years ago, but like the new London Tea Company's "London Breakfast" selection they have even better. It is a Pink/Red color bag. Quite good I thought! :)

The latest version of that is called London Breakfast on board. I found I havd to use two bags to get decent flavor.

It's funny when you order tea in the dining room for breakfast...they will sometimes put one, or two, or three tea bags into that little pot. The "three bagger" is probably just right for Bob!. :cool:

When we sailed on the Brilliance in Aug. their tea bags were mostly "Fields & Selects" brand. Various selections from decaf to regular black tea and other flavors such as chamomile. On occasion, I saw Tetley's, but not in a large quantity.

Ahh..That was the brand I could not remember. Thanks! But all the ships I have been on this last year have since switched to the London Tea Company brand.