ms Koningsdam, Veendam, and Prinsendam in Port Everglades January 3, 2018

Scrapnana

My “stunning” view. Hope the rain stops soon. I may go sit in the lobby and people watch after I get ready.2d7ef5f29dab68b741e7bb04d76494ce.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry about the weather. It was really nice over the weekend.

Looking up from my balcony, I see blue sky. Sail away should be magnificent.

As magnificent as a 54°F sail-away in Florida can be! (it looks nicer than earlier, though).

We have had Port Everglades sail-aways where it was about 60°F and everyone was bundled up in sweatshirts and jackets and we did not linger long outside.

My “stunning” view. Hope the rain stops soon. I may go sit in the lobby and people watch after I get ready.2d7ef5f29dab68b741e7bb04d76494ce.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to hear that Kathi :(. But, if you want to find a silver lining...at least you aren't facing a monster storm - aka Nor 'Easter. They are giving it a lot of names. Forecasts here for hurricane gust winds and enough snow, ice pellets/ whatever comes to help bury us.

I just hope we keep power.

As magnificent as a 54°F sail-away in Florida can be! (it looks nicer than earlier, though).

We have had Port Everglades sail-aways where it was about 60°F and everyone was bundled up in sweatshirts and jackets and we did not linger long outside.

Sounds like last Saturday's NA sailaway, too cold and miserable to stand/stay outside. I watched the cameras from my room. Thank goodness I didn't even have to attend muster - being an in-transit. :D

Sorry to hear that Kathi :(. But, if you want to find a silver lining...at least you aren't facing a monster storm - aka Nor 'Easter. They are giving it a lot of names. Forecasts here for hurricane gust winds and enough snow, ice pellets/ whatever comes to help bury us.

I just hope we keep power.

Jacqui, it is going to be bad enough in North Central Florida - expecting ice along with freezing temperatures, they have closed school for Wed and Thurs. Really weird weather right now.

My thanks for being in St Thomas right now. :D

During my walk and lunch the weather improved and the sky was a beautiful blue although the wind was still blowing and I was glad to have my raincoat on. It has now gotten fairly cloudy again but the sun peeks through every once in awhile.

As I was walking through one of the stores I heard the salesperson tell the lady who was checking out to "try and keep warm". I had to chuckle when I heard that. The weather people on TV said that tonight was supposed to be cold but Thursday night should be the coldest night the area has seen since 2015.

I noticed that Prinsendam is now on the schedule for 3:45.