Has anyone seen the ice shows on the Adventure?

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Adventure in April and were wondering about the ice shows. Are tickets sold for these in advance? Can they be bought online ahead of time or is it ok to just wait and buy them onboard? We've never been on a Voyager-class ship before and so looking forward to it. Thanks for any suggestions....

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Adventure in April and were wondering about the ice shows. Are tickets sold for these in advance? Can they be bought online ahead of time or is it ok to just wait and buy them onboard? We've never been on a Voyager-class ship before and so looking forward to it. Thanks for any suggestions....

Ice show is a definite show to see and it’s free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We saw the ice show on Adventure in 2016, and there were no reservations for it or anything but you do need to go early to get a seat because it will be completely full. Can’t say if they have added a reservation requirement since then.

PS the show is really really amazing, so don’t miss it!

Tickets are not available for purchase before the cruise. They will be for sale at certain times on the ship. The scheduled times will be posted in the Cruise Compass.

You have been cruising for a long time. Did you have a senior moment? Why did you post this?

You have been cruising for a long time. Did you have a senior moment? Why did you post this?

It's been a few years since I've been on a Voyager class ship. The last time I was on one, you had to get tickets ahead of time to watch the ice show. I didn't realize things had changed. My bad. I apologize. I'll accept the abuse headed my way.

It's been a few years since I've been on a Voyager class ship. The last time I was on one, you had to get tickets ahead of time to watch the ice show. I didn't realize things had changed. My bad. I apologize. I'll accept the abuse headed my way.

But there was NEVER a charge. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But there was NEVER a charge. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If tickets are not required to attend the ice show, then there has been a change. I have cruised Explorer once and Adventure twice. All three times we had to get tickets prior to the show.

Edit - In my original post I mentioned tickets for sale. That is a mistake and I'm sure that's what you're talking about. Tickets were never "for sale", but they did have to be picked up ahead of time.

IF tickets are needed...it's for "crowd control"...and there is no charge for tickets! On most ships, you simply go to the show that fits your schedule best...they repeat the same show at least 4 times on Voyager class ships, so that everyone can go, if they want to. You will be informed when and where to get tickets, if they are needed.

The last ship I was on with an ice show (Navigator) you had to get tickets at the customer service desk. Notification was in the Cruise Compass. The tickets were free and not for a specific seat, just for admission. Passengers with tickets were admitted first to the show, then other people were admitted based on space available.

This was two years ago. Does it not work this way any more? I am going on Adventure and plan to see the ice show.

On Adventure in November and no reservations required and certainly no extra charge for it on any RCCL ship I have sailed. Sorry, it has my least favorite ice show in the fleet but is certainly worth seeing. Enjoy.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. We did a B2B on Adventure in February 2017 and we both enjoyed the ice show immensely.

You need tickets in the first wave, but there were almost always seats left for late-comers. And by the last show of the cruise, there were plenty of available seats.

Hi,

No tickets for the ice show and it's free. The ice show is held in Studio B on deck 3. Quest is also held in studio B.