Main Dining Room

JRN77

y'all are way too funny.

But if there is any married couple here that would "let" "allow" "permit" "agree with", however you want to phrase it, your spouse, that you love, respect, and honor, to walk around looking like a dollar whore on nickel night, and open your spouse up to ridicule, mockery, embarrassment and harassment.... then I would have to question the level of devotion to your partner.

We protect one another from harm. So, yes, there were some Halters (on google) that I would let, allow, OK, permit, agree with, that would guard her appearance and self respect. If I did not give her my approval, I would be failing her, and she would see it exactly that way.

:DAs far as Obey...... all I can say is I have been married for decades, and as any wise husband knows, the best answer to that is "yes Dear".

I can't believe you actually made this worse.

Keep digging, RC Tim. That hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

"Like OBEY" Not at my house.
SWMBO

My wife prevents me from wearing things all the time. Seems like the double standard is alive and well on Cruise Critic. [emoji6]

Is obey still used in wedding vows? If not, when did it go out of favor. We've been married 33 years. I really dont recall what our vows were.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

SWMBO

My wife prevents me from wearing things all the time. Seems like the double standard is alive and well on Cruise Critic. [emoji6]

Is obey still used in wedding vows? If not, when did it go out of favor. We've been married 33 years. I really dont recall what our vows were.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

32 years. I don't know if it was on my vows, but I know I do obey.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Lol- I use the term “let” way too much, I now realize :). My DH and I have been together for over 25 years, since high school, and we’re one of those couples who always have mutual agreement before buying something big, or wearing something edgy, etc :). For example, he won’t “let” me buy a third dog, I won’t “let” him buy all windows for the house right now, and I won’t “let” him stand out on the balcony in just his underwear :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly my general rule (having been on exactly two cruises, lol) is to have shoulders and stomach covered in the main dining room. That is, however, what is generally comfortable for me. I don't care what other people do, nor do most people.

Like a PP said you're not at a club...but you are on holiday, so relax!

...Is obey still used in wedding vows? If not, when did it go out of favor. We've been married 33 years. I really dont recall what our vows were...

6 years in Dec for my husband and I. We promised to love and honour...no obeying in this household!!

Had friends get married a couple of year ago. She promised to obey. They are hardcore traditional Catholics. No one else we know has obeyed.