Pinnacle Grill breakfast dress code

DC1979

I 100% agree. Flip flops are fine for the beach, for the shower, for the pool, but like a baseball cap, are inappropriate for a fine dining restaurant.

Breakfast is NOT fine dining and per definition casual on any ship of HAL

As a result, Flipflops are perfectly acceptable for any dining area shipwide for breakfast.

I am very etiquette minded, part of my profession, but I do not mind flipflops in the Pinnacle, heck, I wear them myself.

As a result, Flipflops are perfectly acceptable for any dining area shipwide for breakfast.

I am very etiquette minded, part of my profession, but I do not mind flipflops in the Pinnacle, heck, I wear them myself.

Agree 100%. I dress appropriately for the occasion and have no problem dressing for a fine restaurant. I certainly wouldn’t wear flip flops to dinner at the Pinnacle Grill (or anywhere else really, except the Lido) but I did wear them every single day to breakfast at the Pinnacle. I didn’t feel remotely out of place, no staff member said anything, I wasn’t struck by lightning and I will wear them again next time!!

Agree 100%. I dress appropriately for the occasion and have no problem dressing for a fine restaurant. I certainly wouldn’t wear flip flops to dinner at the Pinnacle Grill (or anywhere else really, except the Lido) but I did wear them every single day to breakfast at the Pinnacle. I didn’t feel remotely out of place, no staff member said anything, I wasn’t struck by lightning and I will wear them again next time!!

Nothing wrong with wearing them or sandals at breakfast ;). Dress is casual during the day and like you, I dress up nicely for the evening but during the day, you will often see me in my Birkenstocks ;). Including PG breakfast ;)

That's great but s till leaves us wondering what sort of package you were speaking of that offers Pinnacle breakfast to those not in a neptune or Pinnacle Suite. Could you shed some light on that, please?

Did you b uy an upsell to a Neptune Suite?

Simply made a call and asked the nice people what does it take to get one of *those* cabins instead of *ours*. Not a problem. Money makes the world go around.

As for amenities, I’ll try to put a screenprint here.

6f56f466-5e27-4c70-8348-74a10c019b22

Can’t do photo, but this is what the amenities package says:

“...This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure... “ (and comma, not semicolon). Nicely vague, no? —we disembark almost every day, not just at trip end.

Simply made a call and asked the nice people what does it take to get one of *those* cabins instead of *ours*. Not a problem. Money makes the world go around.

As for amenities, I’ll try to put a screenprint here.

6f56f466-5e27-4c70-8348-74a10c019b22

Well done, you likely will be 'hooked on Neptunes after staying in it this time..

Enjoy .

Edited by sail7seas

The off topic thoughts on flip flops made me chuckle. I wore my expensive nice looking leather flip flops many times to the MDR on Celebrity in the Caribbean. Always follow the dress code, including a tux when lines have an actual formal night. Never realized shoes are a minimum for the MDR. Sadly, those flip flops wore out and I've not found another "nice" pair. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“...This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure... “ (and comma, not semicolon). Nicely vague, no? —we disembark almost every day, not just at trip end.

It used to be final disembarkation day.

I think that is still the case, but I don't want to guarantee it ;).

I was a newbie when I first started wearing my keycard on a lanyard. Now, after more than 900 days at sea, I still wear one and even have my own puncher to use as soon as I get the card, so it's on a lanyard when I first board. When going ashore I have a small plastic sleeve contining a copy of my passport and my drivers license that I hook onto the lanyard. Yes, I keep it inside my blousewhen ashore. It sure saves time when reboarding. If others want to think I'm a jerk, let them. :):)

I never knew they sell such a package and we had b reakfast in Pinnacle almost every day for dozens and dozens of cruises. :D

Yes -- I knew about this perk that some people when they bought one of those "suite" packages.

A couple of times we found the Pinnacle mobbed on disembarkation day and there wasn't enough staff to get everyone served in a timely manner.

Those of us who were there every morning were taken care of first.

Yes -- I knew about this perk that some people when they bought one of those "suite" packages.

Now that you mention it ; There were times pinnacle was way more crowded than others but we never bothered to ask.

A couple of times we found the Pinnacle mobbed on disembarkation day and there wasn't enough staff to get everyone served in a timely manner.

Those of us who were there every morning were taken care of first.

We do get to know the Pinnacle servers and especially the one who works Neptune Lounge that cruise. When we went to braek fast or dinner, the ones who had atken care of us us, if possible, took care of us when we came in.

On this point, we shall have to agree to disagree. I am also very etiquette minded, part of life actually. Casual attire has a broad range of what's acceptable. Flip flops are not acceptable in most public venues.