RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

just got off the Freedom and surprise that most of the perks went away. You et specialty coffe only at the specialties restaurants. No priority boarding or debarkation. In othe words you really get othing except washing clothe and folding and one free picture. How is cup of coffe doing any damage to RCL revenue? Johnny Rockets all you get is buy one milkshake and get on free lol. Not much to keep me with RCL. Sad! :')

We did Freedom from Ft L last Feb , the Priority boarding sign was not easy to see , I had to ask a RCCL attendant where it was too

We are going back in March , hope they have not got rid of it , cue's to get on look like they

where over an hour long !

Just off the Oasis on Sat. and I have a copy of the Diamond concierge letter beside me and there is no info re coffee from Starbucks.

But one change is now you can use your 3 coupons that are loaded to your sea pass from 4.30 to 8pm in the Main Dining room and Specialty restaurants and of course any bar as well as the Diamond lounge.

Sue

Just off the Oasis on Sat. and I have a copy of the Diamond concierge letter beside me and there is no info re coffee from Starbucks.

But one change is now you can use your 3 coupons that are loaded to your sea pass from 4.30 to 8pm in the Main Dining room and Specialty restaurants and of course any bar as well as the Diamond lounge.

Sue

Maybe they are realising the small DL for US sailings is insufficient for the number of qualifying guests.

Maybe they are realising the small DL for US sailings is insufficient for the number of qualifying guests.

Not sure what using the 3 drinks at dinner has to do with the size of the lounge. If you’re at dinner you can’t be taking up space in the lounge.

Just wish they’d apply this consistently though.

Not sure what using the 3 drinks at dinner has to do with the size of the lounge. If you’re at dinner you can’t be taking up space in the lounge.

Just wish they’d apply this consistently though.

No but they weren't allowing the Diamond drinks in the MDR or Speciality before so thats good if it is all ships.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of higher tier C&A guests are Floridians, so there maybe something in what you have written.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of higher tier C&A guests are Floridians, so there maybe something in what you have written.

I would to as there are so many ships leaving from Florida ports to the Caribbean and Bahamas it is easy for Floridians to do multiple cruises and build up their loyalty statuses.

In European cruises i have never encountered a full DL lounge.

I thought she was coming back for a few months this spring

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just a few weeks I think, then off to Tampa, then down to Miami.

We will be sailing the "land yacht" for our annual spring time, beach time

in the Florida Panhandle from mid March to mid May. Need to get some use

out of those new kayaks also! ;)

Sue

Thanks, that's good to know. It has been on and off on various ships lately. Hope that is fleet wide soon.

I would to as there are so many ships leaving from Florida ports to the Caribbean and Bahamas it is easy for Floridians to do multiple cruises and build up their loyalty statuses.

In European cruises i have never encountered a full DL lounge.

It's empty on the Alaska cruises also.

I remember the high point cruiser on an Alaska cruise had 400 some points.

We were somewhere over 350 on one a few years ago, were second top cruiser...and totally shocked at that! :o Super nice dinner in Chops with the LA, HD, and the beverage manager with the other two top cruisers! :hearteyes: It also served as our "meal with an officer" since the three top cruisers were the only ones over 350. ;)

We are going on Oasis in 3 weeks...we are diamond.

Could you guys give us a rundown on how the diamond lounge, drinks and etc for diamond worked ? Thanks!

DL is accessible for free self-serve specialty coffee 24 hours.

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the AM.

Nightly free snacks, soda, selected beers and wines, and basic cocktails for 3.5 hours each evening.

Three drink vouchers each evening that can be used for the same drinks during the same time period at other bars around the ship.

DL is accessible for free self-serve specialty coffee 24 hours.

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the AM.

Nightly free snacks, soda, selected beers and wines, and basic cocktails for 3.5 hours each evening.

Three drink vouchers each evening that can be used for the same drinks during the same time period at other bars around the ship.

Tacking onto that last bit: on Oasis the three drink vouchers can be redeemed in main dining room and specialty restaurants as well as the various bars.

On our recent cruise, the Oasis DL was pretty full from before 4:30 to 5:45 or so. As people left for dining, spaces opened up for later arrivals. We sometimes chose to enjoy other venues using our voucher; were treated well wherever we used our vouchers.

Don’t bother with the survey. I was on the serenade at Christmas for a very expensive cruise and the food was awful. I unfortunately have the same cruise booked next year. If the quality of food and all the short cuts continue we will have to take it as a loss and go back on celebrity which we love but this cruise’s itinary isn’t as good. Serenade sailors beware

Pat -- you're missing us by a week on OA too. We sail on 1-13-2019.

Oh drats! :o

We are mixing it up, with the 12/2 being eastern, the 1/20 is western...and friends John and Sandy are on the 1/20 cruise again also.

Sorry we will miss you! :(