Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

If you send your laundry out, pin a Shout color catcher somewhere. They wash all colors together and you may have clothes "bleeding"

Around Thanksgiving Princess offers $500 gift cards with an additional $25 gift card (that expires the following Feb). Just make sure you have a cruise booked that you can apply the extra $25 to by expiration date

Amex has a benefit that gives you $100 off a $500 CCL purchase - deal going on right now. Go into your account under "benefits" and add it before booking or making a payment on existing booking.

If I figure out how to get the ccl $100 off the $500, can I use it on Princess?

Yes. On a purchase or payment towards a cruise.

CCL (Carnival Corp) is the parent company of Princess and many other cruise brands.

How do we find the gift card offer when it happens?

I book Princess, they have my email address and street address. I’ve never seen gift card offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gift cards offers generally show up in emails. Also, when one becomes available someone will usually mention it here on Cruise Critic. The latest offers I have seen were on Mother's day and Father's day. The Mother's day offer was slightly better than the Father's day offer.

Mother's Day $ 60 additional on $ 1,000 purchase

Father's Day $ 50 additional on $ 1,000 purchase

AARP seems to have an ongoing gift card offer for Carnival Cruises.

Edited by neverbeenhere

If you solve that mystery, you will know the secrets of the Universe. (It seems to be hit and miss)

I also don’t see them mentioned on CC till too late.

If you send your laundry out, pin a Shout color catcher somewhere. They wash all colors together and you may have clothes "bleeding"

Around Thanksgiving Princess offers $500 gift cards with an additional $25 gift card (that expires the following Feb). Just make sure you have a cruise booked that you can apply the extra $25 to by expiration date

Amex has a benefit that gives you $100 off a $500 CCL purchase - deal going on right now. Go into your account under "benefits" and add it before booking or making a payment on existing booking.

Is this Amex offer only for North America or the entire world?

Is this Amex offer only for North America or the entire world?

Don't know the answer to your question, but here are some points to ponder:

a) The Amex offer is only offered on some of the cards they have.

b) If the offer is not for the card you have, sometimes there is a link that can add the offer to your card. The link is different for cards issued by Amex and for Amex cards issued by banks or merchants.

c) If you have or can add the offer to a card, it is attached only to that card. In other words, if you and your spouse have the same type of Amex card but with different numbers, only the card the offer is attached to can be used to get the rebate. Sometimes you can have the offer on or added to both cards in which case each card can use the offer.

d) When you use the offer, usually you will quickly get an e-mail from Amex indicating it has been used. It may take three or four days for the rebate to be posed to your Amex account. The rebate will be identified as coming from Princess.

There is another thread devoted to this subject. Chances are when the offer does become available again someone will start a new thread or revive the old one to pass on the news.

On SOME bookings with the Sip and Sail promotion, you can actually trade it in for obc or a discounted rate. I recently booked the 33 day Island Princess South America, and I told them I don't drink enough to need the beverage package. I don't remember exactly how much, but I saved like $1500. I don't drink that much in an entire year! It definitely pays to ask. :)

For my Sky Princess booking, they told me I am not able to back it out. :confused: No idea why.

Not a secret but not always utilized

We have a long cruise coming in the fall and we are getting

A. 250. Future cruise credit

B. 250 for stockholder

3. 50. Refers friend credit

4. 500. For princess visa rewards

5. 25. For over 21 cruises.

Considering we got free gratuities we will have fun spending this obc.:):) :):)

So if I'm booking a group trip, 16 rooms, what's the best way to get the credit thru a travel agent?

Not sure what you’re asking for. What type of credit are you talking about?

If your TA shares part of their commission with you, they only receive it if you give their IATA number when you book the rooms.

So if I'm booking a group trip, 16 rooms, what's the best way to get the credit thru a travel agent?

1) Call a travel Agent

2) Say "I want to book 16 staterooms for a particular cruise"

3) Say "Give me a bid"

4) Call another travel Agent, Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Get in touch with a good travel agent. If you are booking that many rooms you should be able to get a couple of fares comped by using a group rate. Then you can decide whether you get the free fare or split the savings. Usually they will not discount the fares but instead offer the free cabin and you have to decide on how to split the savings. Just make sure all the bookings are done at the same time with the same agent.

Some American online agents give 1 free cabin on 8 cabins booked together. Its called a group booking. So you should get 2 free cabins. (4 adults free, 28 paying normal price) Edited by drsel

In addition to the good suggestions provided by others, remember that while it would be really nice of you to spread the credits around to all, you are the one doing all the work here so you should get some rewards for all the time and effort you are doing so I would think that the others should be willing to let you keep some percentage of the credit for yourself and split the rest of it among all. Then if you all go on another cruise, one of the other people could do the next one, perhaps while you sit back and relax during the planning stage! :D

In any event, hope you have a great cruise. Oh, and don't forget that if anybody in your group of 16 cabins are veterans, they should file for the Veterans' OBC that is offered by Princess...don't forget about that! If you don't know about that, let me know and I'll post some info for you.

Tom

Okay... I can’t say much, but

If you want to work as the travel agent, you can register as an “agent” through a couple companies and you can receive the commission on the sale. Less, of course, a fee from the overall company. Membership is a small fee, but can be worth it if you are booking numerous staterooms or cruises. You can cancel your membership after the cruise and rejoin at another date. And of course you will receive a 1099 for the commission , if you are US based.

I was thrown off by the word rooms. I thought it was hotel rooms, but cruise cabins.

Normally for every 8 double occupancy cabins, one berth (bed) is free.

You would be wise to discuss this with a TA, as there are also amenity points available.

May have already been mentioned but one thing I love about Princess is the self service laundry rooms. I like being able to do laundry halfway through the cruise so I can pack lighter and also not go home with a whole suitcase of dirty laundry. I hate doing laundry at home but for some reason I don't mind doing it onboard the ship. I actually find it relaxing. Also love the irons in the laundry room. We usually iron everything the first night so we are set for the whole cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

May have already been mentioned but one thing I love about Princess is the self service laundry rooms. I like being able to do laundry halfway through the cruise so I can pack lighter and also not go home with a whole suitcase of dirty laundry. I hate doing laundry at home but for some reason I don't mind doing it onboard the ship. I actually find it relaxing. Also love the irons in the laundry room. We usually iron everything the first night so we are set for the whole cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you sure that ALL Princess cruises have a coin operated laundromat and free iron? That's very convenient.

What about detergent?

Are you sure that ALL Princess cruises have a coin operated laundromat and free iron? That's very convenient.

What about detergent?

I can't claim to have been on ALL Princess ships, but every ship I've been on has multiple self service laundromats. It is NOT coin operated in the sense of needing to bring quarters. You swipe your cruise card at the token machine and indicate how many of each type of tokens you want. $3 tokens work washers and dryers. $1.50 tokens get laundry products (you are welcome to bring your own.) If the token machine is empty, go to the passenger services desk and you can buy tokens there. There has been a complimentary iron and ironing board in each laundry room I've seen.

Some ships have had 4 washers and 4 dryers in each laundry room, other ships have had 2 washers and 2 dryers in each room. One ship had 8 of each! Each ship has had multiple laundry rooms on different decks.