Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

May have already been mentioned but one thing I love about Princess is the self service laundry rooms. I like being able to do laundry halfway through the cruise so I can pack lighter and also not go home with a whole suitcase of dirty laundry. I hate doing laundry at home but for some reason I don't mind doing it onboard the ship. I actually find it relaxing. Also love the irons in the laundry room. We usually iron everything the first night so we are set for the whole cruise.

I thought I was the only one who was obsessed with ironing on a cruise! :')

Thank you for the military OBC info! My husband is a veteran; however, the "main" passenger on our reservation is my name, not his. Anyone know if they'll still give him the OBC?

Doesn't make any difference who is the lead. The credit goes to the Veteran. It has nothing to do with the other passengers in the group.

Thank you for the military OBC info! My husband is a veteran; however, the "main" passenger on our reservation is my name, not his. Anyone know if they'll still give him the OBC?

Yes. I put my name first because I got tired of always being second[emoji2].

I requested the form for him, we faxed it and he got the $100 OBC.

The amount increases with longer cruises

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your husband's Veterans' Benefit will be linked to his Captain's Circle number so if you ever go through a TA, make sure that he/she/they always put that number into the reservation as the benefit is linked to that number. Also, make sure that you download the form from the princess.com website (in fact, I'll just attach the form to this message to make it easier for you), fill the form out and attach a copy of his DD214 (Discharge Certificate) and either fax or mail copies of those two documents to the fax number/address on the form at least 2 weeks prior to your cruise.

Tom

Princess Military Personnel Benefit Form.pdf

Oooh, wish I had seen this one before booking! Thanks, will check before the next cruise.

I booked my cruise using a Carnival Barclay Mastercard that I got about 10 years ago on a cruise. I also have a Delta Skymiles AMX. Now I'm wondering which card I should use to book cruises? Which one gives a better benefit to me? Should I pay for the cruise with one and onboard charges with the other? Hmmmmmm!

Are you sure that ALL Princess cruises have a coin operated laundromat and free iron? That's very convenient.

What about detergent?

They do have it, but I would recommend just bringing pods of your choice in a ziplock bag, and dryer sheets in a separate ziplock for use on the ship.... much easier and cheaper.

I booked my cruise using a Carnival Barclay Mastercard that I got about 10 years ago on a cruise. I also have a Delta Skymiles AMX. Now I'm wondering which card I should use to book cruises? Which one gives a better benefit to me? Should I pay for the cruise with one and onboard charges with the other? Hmmmmmm!

If you've got a COSTCO Visa card use that as that gets you 3% back on eligible travel expenditures! At least that's the way I do it.

Tom

I book all travel expenses on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card. It includes trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance, which I have needed several times.

Going on short 5 day cruise where I already pre-paid via credit card excursion and specialty dinner (paid in advance for group of 6). Concerned OBC will not be all used up, especially if I cancel excursion or dinner during cruise - which then gets returned as OBC.

Can all these be used for gratuity? Which if any, are non-refundable? Thanks in advance for answers.

Carnival Stock Holder OBC

Travel Agency Shipboard Credit

Travel Agency Bonus Shipboard Credit (this is the OBC that has shown up so far on the cruise personalized, for October 2018 sailing)

Cancelled excursion/dinner OBC

Thank you all for the military OBC info. I have the form and we have his DD214 somewhere. We will get it sent in ASAP!

When you find his DD214, after you make a copy and send the paperwork in, take the original down to your county clerk and have them register. After they register it they'll stamp the registration number on it and send it, the original with the registration number on it, back to you. That way you will always have access to a copy of it in the future. At least that's the way WA state does it, your state procedure may differ.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
Going on short 5 day cruise where I already pre-paid via credit card excursion and specialty dinner (paid in advance for group of 6). Concerned OBC will not be all used up, especially if I cancel excursion or dinner during cruise - which then gets returned as OBC.

Can all these be used for gratuity? Which if any, are non-refundable? Thanks in advance for answers.

Carnival Stock Holder OBC

Travel Agency Shipboard Credit

Travel Agency Bonus Shipboard Credit (this is the OBC that has shown up so far on the cruise personalized, for October 2018 sailing)

Cancelled excursion/dinner OBC

I know the first two are non-refundable, I suspect they all are. I have found Princess this year was good about using the non-refundable OBCs first.

Of course, if you have excess near the end, there's always the jewelry shop :) It is easy to check each day on the Princess app.

Princess has coin laundries available, If you plan ahead and reduce your luggage load 40% or more. Lucky enough for longer cruise, three suitcases can be reduced to one. HOWEVER, they are popular and soap and change machine have tendency to run out. Pack a couple of soap pods and a stack of quarters.
^ this

They have tokens you get with your card, you don't use quarters.. If it is out of tokens, the front desk will have some. It is $3 for a wash and $3 for a dry. Watch your clothes in the dryer if you can because it has been known that some might "hijack" your dryer for their clothes. Please be courteous and remove your clothes from the washers and dryers promptly when done.

you might want to check on your particular ship if the laundry machines are still using quarters or have switched to using your cruise card and getting tokens for the washers, dryers, and soap(s)

Pro Tip - take your own pods / detergent / dryer sheets and get your tokens before you actually need them or you may be making a trip down to customer service to get them at the desk...:halo:

If you've got a COSTCO Visa card use that as that gets you 3% back on eligible travel expenditures! At least that's the way I do it.

Tom

Do you need to purchase through Costco travel to get the 3%?

Do you need to purchase through Costco travel to get the 3%?

Other conditions apply, google it.

• 3% cash back on restaurant (including cafes, bars, lounges and fast food restaurants) and eligible travel purchases worldwide, including airfare, hotels, car rentals, travel agencies, cruise lines and Costco Travel.

Pack all the quarters you like, but they will not be valuable in the laundry room.

Sorry, they will be valuable just not useful in completing any laundry.

You can put them all in a sock, and defend your dryer, as needed.

:') so true :')

• 1 month later...
ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE AND CRUISE LIST! WAY TOO COOL!

Suzanne Barrow

Emerald Princess Oct 23, 2018

Cabin C106

Just reading about obc for veterans. I have the dd214 in hand but sail in 2 days. Is it likely that i can take a copy onboard with me and get the credit? Suggestions?

Thanks, Terry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Just reading about obc for veterans. I have the dd214 in hand but sail in 2 days. Is it likely that i can take a copy onboard with me and get the credit? Suggestions?

Thanks, Terry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Call Princess and ask if you can fax it today. No fax? Scan it and send as an attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums