$79 for We Will Rock You VIP show!!!!

gaylemh

Or be a good customer and walk...the more you free up laws and regulations and reduce barriers to entry, the more other companies can swoop in and grab disaffected customers...

Capitalism only works if companies, employees, and customers all work at being "good" at their roles in the game...companies should try to push for max profit, employees should push for max pay and benefits, and customers should push for best value for their buck...it's the give and take among the 3 that makes capitalism work...so, you see something nuts, you walk and encourage all other customers to do so as well...corporations won't sell what people aren't buying...

Very well written and totally agree! Look what has happened since so many of our regulations have been cancelled:) As customers we are not forced to pay the 79 dollars and RC has every right to try this out and see if people will jump on this “offer” so that RC can make more money off of us.

Yes, they do. The big difference is that these shows are very specialized and are not available for anyone to see for free. They are held in small, specialized venues, you pay a price, get a special dinner experience and a special show. Same for all attendees. Somewhat different than this.

RC did this with their Murder Mystery dinner show, which by the way was not worth it...totally “cheesy.” We were so sorry that we spent our money and time.

Same just showed up on my Allure trip for May. We had already made reservations for one of the nights which is now bookable for the upchargw, haven’t received a cancellation message. Interestingly we are in a suite so wonder how that will work - will these shows still have the reserved suite seating or is that the area they will be using for the upcharge...??

Maybe they'll take the Genie seats. 😱😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Already booked Cats for our April Oasis cruise and when I just logged in it is also showing now with a $79 pp charge if you want to attend. No free option available.

Our March Oasis cruise is showing both the free and the not so free version available.

The way I read it is that it’s a limited number of seats (premium seating) with a few perks (meet the cast, picture etc) thrown in.

I think that some sailings only offering the pay version is purely co-incidence and that the show was already sold out or close to it.

I could see them reserving 10 maybe 20 premium front Center seats for those willing to pay for that experience. F they were going to turn the entire show into a pay event it would have to be for a whole lot less than they are currently asking.

Very well written and totally agree! Look what has happened since so many of our regulations have been cancelled:) As customers we are not forced to pay the 79 dollars and RC has every right to try this out and see if people will jump on this “offer” so that RC can make more money off of us.

I predict that this idea will die in infancy I don't know anyone who would pay $79 for the priveledge of meeting some unknown cast members. Are they kidding? :rolleyes:

They should try it out on future cruises where the booking option has not yet started. That way if people don't like what they see they have the option to cancel the whole damn cruise. My issue is the sleaziness of their method.

They should try it out on future cruises where the booking option has not yet started. That way if people don't like what they see they have the option to cancel the whole damn cruise. My issue is the sleaziness of their method.

I agree...so encourage folks to post to all the social media about the "sleazy show scam"...make "we will rock you" into "we will sock you (and your wallet)" - be cute, be catchy, be a good customer encouraging all to boycott this method of "charge after you bought:)"...

Again, be the good customer and push back if you hate this:)...

There will still be the free option available. They are only offing a limited number of premium seats for each show.

Our March Oasis cruise is showing both the free and the not so free version available.

The way I read it is that it’s a limited number of seats (premium seating) with a few perks (meet the cast, picture etc) thrown in.

I think that some sailings only offering the pay version is purely co-incidence and that the show was already sold out or close to it.

I could see them reserving 10 maybe 20 premium front Center seats for those willing to pay for that experience. F they were going to turn the entire show into a pay event it would have to be for a whole lot less than they are currently asking.

Yeah that's what I would think too. It could be sold outbut I had a rsvp from October! if they decided to try this, pay for stupidity-and the show was already a sell-out, shouldn't they have added a show for their experiment? The package idea may be what some people want to buy-ok-fine with that-But I already had my seats and it's wrong on so many levels to decide for me after the fact. Utterly insulting! Plus today they told me the original 6pm show I had has been cancelled-they did a mass cancellation of all comped guests. their story is that it is now a "different entertainment activity" and as such is only available as a package for purchase- exclusively.

I agree...so encourage folks to post to all the social media about the "sleazy show scam"...make "we will rock you" into "we will sock you (and your wallet)" - be cute, be catchy, be a good customer encouraging all to boycott this method of "charge after you bought:)"...

Again, be the good customer and push back if you hate this:)...

I do & I have been.

Technically you really didn't have a seat. More of a slot. I hope you can secure a slot at your chosen time. They never really assign all the slots since the suite guests and Pinnacles don't even need reservations. 😉

Thank you John,

Agreed- a slot., Yes, again that is what I'm hoping-perhaps the concierge may fix it up. But this is so much more to me. Last minute irritation a few days before we sail? All the "pre planning" bs we do takes our time & then adds up to nothing? Why have pre cruise planning at all? The whole suave enjoyment and freedom of cruising at sea is being destroyed by pencil pushing nin-com-poops!

Already booked Cats for our April Oasis cruise and when I just logged in it is also showing now with a $79 pp charge if you want to attend. No free option available.

They didn't charge you for that, did they?

Soon it will be a base price for the cruise which will include a cabin and food in the WJ, then you pay for room cleaning, eating in the MDR, this is something that would make me think about going with another line or even more land based vacations.

We are on Ovation in May and have heard a rumour that they charge for ifly, something that was free on Anthem, I hope it's not true as it's one of the reasons we booked Ovation.

iFly is free on Ovation whilst it is sailing in Australia and New Zealand. Once back in Asia there is a fee. Usually because the Asia cruises are between 3-5 nights long whereas in Oz they are 9-14nights usually. Hard to get 4,500 passengers even one "fly" on longer cruises let one shorter ones.

So when you go into your Cruise Planner and make a reservation, what exactly does that mean?

You get to enter the theater and look for a seat.

In the past there was a section for suites and Pinnacles, maybe D+ as well. Also on ships with Star Class Genies, you would see seats with red towels. You can't sit there either. Usually front row, center. All the rest of the seats are open

NCL has some dinner shows that they charge for . I don't think CCL has gotten there yet but on some ships they have Hasbro game show as the main entertainment some nights. I wouldn't want to attend that for free.

Bill

MSC have Cirque de Soleil show that is for a fee. One option you have dinner £27pp and the other you get a cocktail included for £12pp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is such a turn off for me. If I could cancel my 2/25/18 anthem sailing, I would! I haven’t sailed rccl since the quantum was in New Jersey, which I thought was a beautiful ship, but something was just missing for me. I vowed not to bother sailing on Anthem ( I achieved D+ status sailing on the voyager and explorer out of Bayonne, btw). Last year, I started to miss being on a cruise ship, and against my better mind, booked on anthem. Now this! Makes me wonder, What’s next?