Has the new breakfast menu gone fleet wide?

A&Jfamily

I thought there was no more breakfast / lunch and only a brunch menu? In the MDR that is....

For years now there's been 2 breakfast menus, depending on the day. The port day breakfast menu has been the same for a long time. They just updated it. That's what the OP is referring to. Not sure if it's fleetwide yet. The brunch menu is served on sea days only and is available for breakfast and lunch.

I thought there was no more breakfast / lunch and only a brunch menu? In the MDR that is....

As the poster after noted, you get breakfast in the MDR (usually around 7 -9 give or take) on port days and Brunch (usually 8-1) on sea days.

Breakfast in the MDR is a "must" for us as I can't stand the lines and inevitable cold food when we try to eat on the lido - I would pick continental in the room before choosing the lido! I have mixed feelings on this new menu - kale and such are NOT breakfast food to my body. And it "seems" that under the new breakfast menu, the waffles etc are doctored!

SO to clarify...I was confused...there is a sit down breakfast in the MDR on port days but not sea days???? I didn't know that...and now I too want to see the menu lol....

There is a sit down breakfast in the MDR for both.

Port days = breakfast menu, during breakfast hours only (7-9 or 10, hours will be in fun times)

Sea days = brunch menu, served from breakfast hours through lunch. This has both breakfast items and lunch items on it. We have gone to MDR early for breakfast, ordered breakfast foods, and then came back for lunch to order lunch items.

There is a sit down breakfast in the MDR for both.

Port days = breakfast menu' date=' during breakfast hours only (7-9 or 10, hours will be in fun times)

Sea days = brunch menu, served from breakfast hours through lunch. This has both breakfast items and lunch items on it. We have gone to MDR early for breakfast, ordered breakfast foods, and then came back for lunch to order lunch items.[/quote']

THANK YOU !!!

So I've seen the brunch menu...but have NOT seen the breakfast menu...anyone have one? Thanks in advance...

Here's a ? for the OP who had port day breakfast on Sunshine:

For any day where the port arrival is early PM, do they serve breakfast or brunch (i.e. is it considered a port day or a sea day)? I'm asking because the menu looks interesting, but I'd only do it on a port day where we dock later, and we don't get in to Aruba until 1pm.

Anyone know about Splendor?

The Splendor has the new port day breakfast.

I will admit some of the items don't sound right to me . Like the broken egg sandwich with greens. I just don't think of greens at breakfast. Thankfully the greens were served on the side.

I really liked the granola. I am not a coconut fan but somehow it worked in the granola. And I enjoy nuts

No offense to the new menu, but I too like things a bit simpler. the French toast looks good, but I am not (but should be) a salad person for breakfast. I didn't see English muffins, just muffins, so are the English muffins gone too? I truly love an English muffin with marmalade.

The Splendor has the new port day breakfast.

I will admit some of the items don't sound right to me . Like the broken egg sandwich with greens. I just don't think of greens at breakfast. Thankfully the greens were served on the side.

I really liked the granola. I am not a coconut fan but somehow it worked in the granola. And I enjoy nuts

Do you know if splendor has the new deli menu too?

Here's a ? for the OP who had port day breakfast on Sunshine:

For any day where the port arrival is early PM, do they serve breakfast or brunch (i.e. is it considered a port day or a sea day)? I'm asking because the menu looks interesting, but I'd only do it on a port day where we dock later, and we don't get in to Aruba until 1pm.

We weren't on a southern run, so didn't have your port schedule. My guess is that is a regular breakfast day and not brunch, though.

Cruise Critic article from November 2017 said:

"So far, new breakfast menus have been rolled out to a dozen Carnival ships, with the remainder of the fleet to receive them by mid-2018."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8242

I wish they said which ships - I am trying to find the menu for the Fascination. Wondering if they will go to the new one after dry dock....