Holland America Bringing O’s Reading Room Fleetwide

RandyinDEN

I’d be happy to see this on the Westerdam! I’m side eying all the Oprah hate here. I wonder why so many of you dislike her? I’ve enjoyed many of her recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we're the only ones who like the new Crow's Nest.:')

I’d be happy to see this on the Westerdam! I’m side eying all the Oprah hate here. I wonder why so many of you dislike her? I’ve enjoyed many of her recommendations.

I can take her or leave her, but as to your question I'm guessing it's because in life we have choices, and we don't all like the same things.

I can take her or leave her, but as to your question I'm guessing it's because in life we have choices, and we don't all like the same things.

That’s so true. I can “take her or leave her, too, and the books on her list have never motivated me.

I don't like the Oprah drift. I dislike her politics and some of her books but having that influence over a cruiseline that I have enjoyed is disappointing. Too commercial. I agree with those who say it's strange to be asked to bring the book onboard for discussion. Cheap. On the long cruises, we always had the book provided for the book club discussion.

I don't like the Oprah drift. I dislike her politics and some of her books but having that influence over a cruiseline that I have enjoyed is disappointing. Too commercial. I agree with those who say it's strange to be asked to bring the book onboard for discussion. Cheap. On the long cruises, we always had the book provided for the book club discussion.

Other lines have book clubs and of course you’re expected to bring your own book.

So, you support this. It's not something we are accustomed to but certainly we can afford it. Not that I would bother.

I don’t not support it. If a cruise I was doing had a book club I’d check out the book selection and if it seemed interesting I’d participate.

Book clubs are so popular now -- I can see this as a valid "cruise entertainment." They need to cook up new ideas to keep people busy and social, and this idea seems harmless enough. The book did get lots of good reviews, and even the bad ones were not "Oh, it was terrible," so unless they choose controversial books, I can't see the downside.

I am very unhappy about the elimination of the libraries onboard, and have said plenty about it in my cruise surveys, but adding a book club is fine by me -- Oprah or non-Oprah.

I wonder if Orlando has ever tried to find a seat on a sea day in the Explorations Cafe/Library on the Noordam?

I wonder if he has sailed or seen that beauiful ship yet.......... or for that matter how many ships in the fl;eet he has set foot on....... ;)

I wonder just how famliar he is with his 'valued c ustomers. :(. and his CREWS

Kirk Lanterman sailed often, Stein Kruse was well known on the ships.................

Someone reported that when Orlando Ashford was on a HAL ship recently "several" people were hassling him about things that he had done.

Speaking for everyone at Cruise Critic. I'm sure there were some behind the scenes conversations between posters here when it was discovered Orlando Ashford was on their sailing.

Judging by the reaction Orlando Ashford has gotten the few times he's been on HAL ships,I can't say I blame him.

Hmmmm, one wonders why he has not been well received IF , indeed, that is fact.

?

Haters gonna hate.And a lot of people hate him..and given the chance to call him out, darn right they are going to.

I'm just sure he loves all the hate mail he gets from people from the HAL boards(and you complain about all the mailers you get from HAL..hmmm.