Photos: Dogs onboard Queen Mary 2 on her Transatlantic Crossing

Last year (4th August 2017) we did the Transatlantic Crossing cruise on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York.

While we where on Queen Mary 2 we had some four legged animals on the ship as well:

I managed to get a few photos of them :)

A Dog checking in: (Sorry for the bad quality)

20622312_10159125885650635_2007001217147194072_n.jpg?oh=104a5c0453268604a5762995b245df80&oe=5B005150

The Dogs of Queen Mary 2 - 4th August 2017 sailing:

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4961.JPG

IMG_4962.JPG

Also apparently on the cruise before ours there where some cats on board as well, and Did you know that cats get sea sick!

Classic, great pics, walked around the kennel area on QM21 last March, Syd-HK, no fur babies in residence, just heaps of poms excess baggage stored in there.

I wonder how much the Transatlantic Crossing costs for ye olde dawgs of the well heeled? ;p one of the petty officers up around that area told me the dogs only travel on the 5 day transatlantics.

Great to see the steward has made some four legged friends. I hope he got some good tips.

I nearly tripped over that b....lamp post and fire hydrant, which are the genuine article.

Gorgeous pics. I love the fire hydrant and lamppost.

From what I've read over on the Cunard forum the dog kennels book up quite quickly. I guess a lot of folk do the transatlantics when moving from the UK to the US or vice versa, or do they just take their dogs on holiday with them?

I'd rather see something like that on ships than people having their "emotional" support animals in the cabins, which seems to happen quite a bit these days on US-based cruises.

Classic, great pics, walked around the kennel area on QM21 last March, Syd-HK, no fur babies in residence, just heaps of poms excess baggage stored in there.

I wonder how much the Transatlantic Crossing costs for ye olde dawgs of the well heeled? ;p one of the petty officers up around that area told me the dogs only travel on the 5 day transatlantics.

Great to see the steward has made some four legged friends. I hope he got some good tips.

I nearly tripped over that b....lamp post and fire hydrant, which are the genuine article.

Costs approx $1000usd, depending on size of dog.

I think they are licensed for NY, Southampton and Hamburg.

As you said, interesting to see when no fur babies are there.

Gorgeous pics. I love the fire hydrant and lamppost.

From what I've read over on the Cunard forum the dog kennels book up quite quickly. I guess a lot of folk do the transatlantics when moving from the UK to the US or vice versa, or do they just take their dogs on holiday with them?

I'd rather see something like that on ships than people having their "emotional" support animals in the cabins, which seems to happen quite a bit these days on US-based cruises.

The well heeled from UK take their pooches with them to NY shopping and vice versa the well heeled from the Land of the Free take their pooches to England for shopping, like at Harrods or Fortnum and Mason, not to Tesco or Aldi, lol.:eek:

I wonder if they’d let Maxy on, of if he’d be considered a bogan[ATTACH]415442[/ATTACH]

He would fall through the rails into ye olde Atlantic, Gut. Wait til he grows up and fattens up a bit.:*

Love love love the pictures.

You made my day seeing the fire hydrant so funny. I bet that gets a good work out. ;p

Yes, it did look a little yellow last year. Hydrant and lamp post are from a NY street apparently, not made in Taiwan.:halo:

Thanks for posting those gorgeous pics David. Loved the fact that they are not all pedigree pooches but ordinary pets. "Mad dogs and Englishmen" (I can say that I am a Pom) only they would put lamp posts and fire hydrants for pooches onboard a classy liner like the Queen Mary. And why not?

Gut - I am sure Max would fit in well. Thanks for posting the picture of him. I have been wondering how he is coming along. :D

Gut - I am sure Max would fit in well. Thanks for posting the picture of him. I have been wondering how he is coming along. :D

He will be 10 months next week and is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time

I advise people not to ask after him unless they are prepared to be bombarded

I wonder if they’d let Maxy on, of if he’d be considered a bogan[ATTACH]415442[/ATTACH]

I think he looks like the type of dog that would fit in well with all of the posh pooches! Might teach them a trick or two.