1 Balcony vs. 2 Interior?

cruiser20145

We are a family of 4, and looking at the Breeze for Spring Break next year. We want the extra room of having two rooms, but also want the balcony for a place to watch the sunrise. I don't especially want to go Cove Balcony route; I don't think we would enjoy it. What should we do??

How old are your kids? We've done both. 2 connecting interiors allows for a very large space, as you can keep the doors open between the rooms. A balcony is also nice, but you are much more limited in space. You would lose the couch in your cabin, as it would be made up into a bed, with a pull-down over it.

I would go for the 2 connecting, and watch the sunrise from the upper decks.

CeleBrat

Just an idea - There are several decks that have public balconies at the front of the ship. You could book two interiors in the vicinity of one of these balconies. They are not private and usually only have a wooden bench if anything to sit on but they are free and much roomier if you all want to use it at the same time. Also, look at the cabins that face these public balconies, I believe they are considered insides but not sure about capacity....

It really depends. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the room, then I would get the balcony. Two people outside and two people inside isn't that bad. Now if the bathroom/tv/sleeping arrangement bothers you, I would get two interiors.

Remember, you'll likely only get to see the sunrise from your balcony for half the trip depending on which side of the ship you are on and which direction the ship is traveling. Of course, you'll get to see the sunset on the days you miss the sunrise. :)

Seriously, we have done both and don't really have a preference because both are great! Last summer, we spent 14 days in one cove balcony and it never felt too crowded. On our next cruise, we have adjoining outsides.

We are a family of 4 also. We usually book a Balcony for DH and I, then book the kids in an inside room directly across the hall.

Depending on the age of your kids this might work well for you.

We do the same. Two bathrooms is a win-win[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The two bathrooms is definitely the biggest advantage to having two rooms. It is also CHEAPER to have two interiors, which makes no sense. I’ll nusy have to convince the family to spend a bit more on the cruise, and maybe not do an excursion in one of the ports??

How about the age? Are they teens? I'd never want to share a small room with them. MY teen don't keep their things quite like I do on vacation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about the age? Are they teens? I'd never want to share a small room with them. MY teen don't keep their things quite like I do on vacation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are twin teen boys. One is a neat freak (like me), and the other is just the opposite.

I personally can't imagine not wanting to spend a family vacation with my family. More space is great, but the cabins really aren't smaller than hotel rooms and we do fine in a hotel room together. We are forced to split on some ships because there are 5 of us. Boo!

They are twin teen boys. One is a neat freak (like me), and the other is just the opposite.

Your family sounds exactly like ours! We have twin boys and have shared a balcony room with them. Honestly they both enjoy the balcony so much they didn't want an interior room to themselves. I have good boys that are a joy to be around. If they were different I might go ahead and put them in a separate room. We enjoy hearing their stories about new friends and how much ice cream they're eating. Only you can say if sharing a small space with your twins would be comfortable. The other point I would mention is teens usually find so many things to do on ship we have to schedule time to see them. Sharing a room makes sure we get our family time in on the ship. The optimal for us would be two balcony cabins with an interior connecting door. We refuse to cruise without a balcony because its one of the highlights of our trip.

The cove balconies is a great experience due to their proximity to the water.

Two insides provide more room overall and two bathrooms (as mentioned above).

Carnival ships are designed well enough to provide access to open viewing decks that are the best place to see everything including sunsets.

There are better options than the overcrowded Breeze. The #1 Carnival ship&Itinerary is Glory + MIA-HMC-San-Juan-St.Thomas-Grand Turk-MIA. This itinerary itself beats any "bells and whistles" of the Breeze.

Enjoy!

Funny thing is, that was the exact itinerary for the cruise we were supposed to take on the Glory in 2015! I believe the Conquest will be moving to Miami after the Glory goes to New Orleans?

Your family sounds exactly like ours! We have twin boys and have shared a balcony room with them. Honestly they both enjoy the balcony so much they didn't want an interior room to themselves. I have good boys that are a joy to be around. If they were different I might go ahead and put them in a separate room. We enjoy hearing their stories about new friends and how much ice cream they're eating. Only you can say if sharing a small space with your twins would be comfortable. The other point I would mention is teens usually find so many things to do on ship we have to schedule time to see them. Sharing a room makes sure we get our family time in on the ship. The optimal for us would be two balcony cabins with an interior connecting door. We refuse to cruise without a balcony because its one of the highlights of our trip.

The son who is really neat is the only person I know under 25 who would want to spend an afternoon on the serenity deck, go see a show after dinner, and turn in by 10:30! He would probably get the most use of the balcony than everybody else; he enjoys sunrises/sunsets. We actually have to convince the other son to GO ON A CRUISE! UNBELIEVABLE! We can't do the two balcony route due to our budget; air fare alone is going to be at least $1,200.

We are a family of 4, and looking at the Breeze for Spring Break next year. We want the extra room of having two rooms, but also want the balcony for a place to watch the sunrise. I don't especially want to go Cove Balcony route; I don't think we would enjoy it. What should we do??

We always get a balcony for ourselves and out the kids in an inside across the hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have always done a balcony for DH and I and an interior right across the hall for our two kids. Have gotten extra keys for both rooms, so we can access theirs and they can use the balcony if they want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums