Coastal kitchen questions

Hello,

I just booked the JS on the Oasis, figured a changed from the typical balcony stateroom. I realize that having a JS we have access to dinner in Coastal Kitchen, but we have a few questions and appreciate your help in assisting us to decide whether to purchase the Ultimate Dining Package or not. We ALWAYS purchase the Ultimate Dining Package and haven't eaten in the MDR for years now, but like your opinions:

How is the dinner/food in Coastal Kitchen, do you feel it very much exceeds the MDR or do you feel its more similar to the MDR when it comes to the food?

Does anybody have the dinner menu's that we can look at to help us decide what to do?

We like to eat around 8pm do you feel we find problems in getting our time?

Do you find reservations are necessary and is there a way to make them online?

Thank you!

OP: please do a "Coastal Kitchen" search on this forum, as there have been several recent threads discussing problems that some folks in Junior Suites have had on Oasis-class ships being able to make dinner reservations on board for CK for all the nights they have wanted. (Besides the tackiness of having to knock on the door to get in!)

For some reason, this seems to be less of a problem on Quantum class. For our Anthem cruise two weeks ago, we were even able to book dinner at CK through the Cruise Planner before we sailed. FWIW, we thought the food and service in CK on Anthem were fabulous.

I hope that's the same on Oasis, and that you have a great cruise!

The food was better presented and overall it was a better dinning experience than MDR (service, ambience).

On a seven day cruise, it is worth trying the different venues and making up your own mind.

Thank you for sending the link to the menus and thank you everybody for your help. I decided to purchase the Ultimate Dining Package and worse case I try Coastal Kitchen one evening and use that day dinner for a lunch.:confused:

We tend to eat around that time, also. You won't have an issue getting a table around 8:00 PM. We usually went to SL for a cocktail around 7:00 and never had an issue getting a table after 7:30.

I am curious did you go to SL in evening even though in JS? Can JS use the SL for a cocktail prior to dinner in the Costal Kitchen as they are adjoining on Oasis Class?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... Can JS use the SL for a cocktail prior to dinner in the Costal Kitchen as they are adjoining on Oasis Class?

No, JS guests (unless they are also Pinnacle level in C&A) do not have free drink privileges in the SL.

Can we use it for a drink before dinner if we have drink package or can the waiter aces it for drinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My understanding is that JS guests are not allowed in SL area, only CK. Someone on CC will correct me if I am wrong.

One suggestion on this and other matters. Always worth asking while on board rather than just rely on what people like me say on CC.

My understanding is that JS guests are not allowed in SL area, only CK. Someone on CC will correct me if I am wrong.

One suggestion on this and other matters. Always worth asking while on board rather than just rely on what people like me say on CC.

Correct.

The SL are for guests in a Grand Suite and above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk