When are formal nights usually

fizzy1

On a 14 night journey soon on Silhouette and i believe 3 formal/ chic nights may be the order of the game. Are they usually on sea day evenings or could be on port days too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out this current information from the Celebrity Cruises website FAQ.

Generally speaking, you will have "evening chic" nights on a sea day.

Which are FAR from formal, unless you choose to dress up. AND it's been our experience that less than 20% do formal attire and pretty much only on the first night. On longer journeys, it's less than 20%. [Thumbs up]

Edited by jkgourmet
  • Like 1

Sea days, If you provide us with your departure date, we can tell you what nights will be chic.

Celebrity very often has Evening Chic nights on port days, depends on itinerary. Usually the Chic nights are 2nd night and 2nd to the last night. The 3rd night could be any day in between.

Which are FAR from formal, unless you choose to dress up. AND it's been our experience that less than 20% do formal attire and pretty much only on the first night. On longer journeys, it's less than 20%. [Thumbs up]

jkgourmet - thanks for sharing your experiences.

The post I made was only intended to direct the OP to Celebrity's FAQ which describes the frequency of "evening chic" nights and what is permissible... and not to devolve the thread into a debate about appropriate attire and who follows the rules or wistful thoughts of a cruising bygone era.

I'm certain that the OP is more than capable of reading thread content here and making up their mind about what to pack and what to wear.

Celebrity very often has Evening Chic nights on port days, depends on itinerary. Usually the Chic nights are 2nd night and 2nd to the last night. The 3rd night could be any day in between.

Don - that was my experience on my recent 12-day Silhouette itinerary in DEC 2017.

Unfortunately, the US website FAQ continues to state that "All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights" when most seem to be offering three.

The Australian website provides very different information, stating, inter alia, that cruises 12-15 days in length will offer 3 Evening Chic nights. https://celebritycruises.com.au/life-on-board/onboard-facilities/restaurants-cafes/dining-attire/

Unfortunately, the US website FAQ continues to state that "All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights" when most seem to be offering three.

The Australian website provides very different information, stating, inter alia, that cruises 12-15 days in length will offer 3 Evening Chic nights. https://celebritycruises.com.au/life-on-board/onboard-facilities/restaurants-cafes/dining-attire/

Fouremco - thanks for sharing your information. That specific table was the same on the old Celebrity website back when there was still a thing called Formal Night. I fully expected to see 3 "evening chic" nights on my 12-day cruise, but it was port intensive and I seem to recall only 2 nights of evening chic. I'm traveling right now, so unable to refresh my memory from the dailies I brought home.

Fouremco - thanks for sharing your information. That specific table was the same on the old Celebrity website back when there was still a thing called Formal Night. I fully expected to see 3 "evening chic" nights on my 12-day cruise, but it was port intensive and I seem to recall only 2 nights of evening chic. I'm traveling right now, so unable to refresh my memory from the dailies I brought home.

With Celebrity, it's hard to tell whether the Australian website is simply more up to date than the US version and reflects the current reality, or if it's so far out of date that it still has the formal night listing! :rolleyes:

With Celebrity, it's hard to tell whether the Australian website is simply more up to date than the US version and reflects the current reality, or if it's so far out of date that it still has the formal night listing! :rolleyes:

Actually, the US website is up the most up to date, just another problem with Celebrity's IT dept. It took them five years to change the dress code from three types of dress to two on the UK web site.

June 9. 2018. Day 3 and day 13

Be advised that this poster has never sailed on Celebrity and apparently does not know they very often hold Evening Chic nights on port days. I've been on many cruises where we had a formal night or evening chic night on a port day. The usual routine is is the second day and the second to the last day. Your second day is in Bruges and you leave at 3:00P.M and there is a good chance it will be held on that day. The second day will probably be on the second to the last day which is a sea day. Be advised this is not written in stone so anything can change.

I'm sure we have all heard different reasons for a 3rd Evening Chic. As I wear the same clothing as any other evening it does not matter. I was told that the 3rd night was up to the captain.

Be advised that this poster has never sailed on Celebrity and apparently does not know they very often hold Evening Chic nights on port days. I've been on many cruises where we had a formal night or evening chic night on a port day. The usual routine is is the second day and the second to the last day. Your second day is in Bruges and you leave at 3:00P.M and there is a good chance it will be held on that day. The second day will probably be on the second to the last day which is a sea day. Be advised this is not written in stone so anything can change.

You are true, I never sailed X, first X cruise next March 18. But I have read many reviews, and I know what I'm saying. If there are a third chic night can be day 5 or day 11. From my previous post

Day 1, Sat, Jun 9 Southampton England

Day 2, Sun, Jun 10 Bruges (Zeebrugge)

Day 3, Mon, Jun 11 At Sea Chic Night

Day 4, Tue, Jun 12 Copenhagen Denmark

Day 5, Wed, Jun 13 At Sea

Day 6, Thu, Jun 14 Stockholm Sweden

Day 7, Fri, Jun 15 Tallinn Estonia

Day 8, Sat, Jun 16 St. Petersburg Russia

Day 9, Sun, Jun 17 St. Petersburg Russia

Day 10, Mon, Jun 18 St. Petersburg Russia

Day 11, Tue, Jun 19 At Sea

Day 12, Wed, Jun 20 Berlin (Warnemunde) Germany

Day 13, Thu, Jun 21 At Sea Chic Night

Day 14, Fri, Jun 22 At Sea

Day 15, Sat, Jun 23 Southampton England

jkgourmet - thanks for sharing your experiences.

The post I made was only intended to direct the OP to Celebrity's FAQ which describes the frequency of "evening chic" nights and what is permissible... and not to devolve the thread into a debate about appropriate attire and who follows the rules or wistful thoughts of a cruising bygone era.

I'm certain that the OP is more than capable of reading thread content here and making up their mind about what to pack and what to wear.

Hahaha !! I know Celebrity formal nights are not what they used to be . No tux for hubby anymore, but we both like to dress chic on these evenings . This is quite normal for us as we are in the music/ theatre business , so tieless suit for him, understated cocktail for me