Jumped in and upgraded to Aqua Class - what should I expect?

MCazer

I am literally so excited. I haven't told my husband, it is a surprise for our 25 Wedding Anniversary. Do you have concierge service as well? I can't believe it opened up at that rate. We usually eat once in the "pay" restaurants, so I thought it would be nice to have that every night (with Blu)

You should be excited. Please don't listen to the negative nancy's here. This is your first time in Aqua, and you are allowed to enjoy it, so please do.

We have cruised all categories from inside to suite, and we have always loved Aqua class. We LOVE Blu for breakfast so much so that we have even skipped the beloved breakfast on the balcony on occasion . The staff has always been wonderful and welcoming. We also love Blu for dinner. You can get as much as you want and I always like to try new things, especially knowing if I don't like it I can get something else. I enjoy the Persian gardens (yes even on M-Class ships), I find the Persian gardens on M-Class ships more relaxing. On S-Class it gets pretty crowded sometimes.

What cabin do you have? If you happen to be able to get one of the ones on the Sunrise deck, the aft cabins have huge balconies and a view of the wake. We have 1140 booked in December. We've also had a cabin on this deck on the side and loved the location. If you keep checking, you can see what cabin become available and call to switch cabins.

Enjoy your cruise, ignore the negative comments, and report back your experience.

My upgrade was to #1552 on Eclipse so I think I did pretty well hopefully.

I'd say that you did extremely well with your upgrade... I occupied 1552 while on Equinox in December [same AquaClass deck plan on Eclipse] and found the stateroom to be quiet and convenient in that it is quite proximate to the forward bank of elevators [i experienced no related noise from the elevators or guests using them]...

1552 is located on the rear-facing slant so as to provide a significantly oversized veranda... Adjacent 1554 does have a modestly obstructed view in that window-washing equipment is "parked" outside that stateroom... In my experience, you won't notice that equipment if looking outdoors from the interior of 1554 and you won't notice it if enjoying your veranda unless you walk to the rail/look aft or position the veranda chairs far forward and immediately adjacent to the rail...

Enjoy!

Hi everyone - we have done quite a few cruises but with quite a few lines so never really got much loyalty wise. We have just booked a 16 night AC for next year and went on a 12 night AC a couple of years ago. Previous to that we had 2 or 3 cruises on RCI with our sons so booked 2 cabins. Do those points get combined? How can I check. re cabins. we have booked 1624 on Eclipse. Do you think one of the cabins with the bigger balconies - such as 1552 - would be better? Also - are they free of the overhang? We def. like the sun. don't get enough of it here in the NE of England. By the way - to the original poster - we have sailed with RCI, P&O, Oceania and Celebrity and find AC lovely. We really like the smaller more intimate Blu restaurant and ended up eating there pretty much every night. We were also celebrating our 25th anniversary on board. will be 30th next year and will be in AC again! You will love it.

You should be excited. Please don't listen to the negative nancy's here. This is your first time in Aqua, and you are allowed to enjoy it, so please do.

We have cruised all categories from inside to suite, and we have always loved Aqua class. We LOVE Blu for breakfast so much so that we have even skipped the beloved breakfast on the balcony on occasion . The staff has always been wonderful and welcoming. We also love Blu for dinner. You can get as much as you want and I always like to try new things, especially knowing if I don't like it I can get something else. I enjoy the Persian gardens (yes even on M-Class ships), I find the Persian gardens on M-Class ships more relaxing. On S-Class it gets pretty crowded sometimes.

What cabin do you have? If you happen to be able to get one of the ones on the Sunrise deck, the aft cabins have huge balconies and a view of the wake. We have 1140 booked in December. We've also had a cabin on this deck on the side and loved the location. If you keep checking, you can see what cabin become available and call to switch cabins.

Enjoy your cruise, ignore the negative comments, and report back your experience.

I was able to get 9038 with a slightly larger balcony. There were no completely aft balconies available, so I went with the larger balcony. I had originally had a similar veranda balcony booked on the 6th floor, so happy for the move up a few floors and the extra perks!

I doubt that your drink ever went near the champagne area and in the Uk could not be called such. But if you like fizzy wine and juice I am glad you got what you wanted.

I am trying by my comments to tell someone who asked "What to expect" that some people experience negative experiences in Aqua and BLU and be warned that the fizzy wine could be purchased for coppers in a supermarket. Also that BLU is not, for some, a good experience. If you asked what to expect why would you only want to know those who have either had positive experiences of look at Celebrity through rose tinted spectacles?

Perhaps my comments about how terrible I found that fizzy wine will encourage them to think twice about opening it and take up the comment that one can swap it for a wine of choice and therefore not wasting it as I did.

Thank you, I am not fond of champagne, and will be exchanging it for a nice bottle of red

The balconies on deck 11 do not have any overhang except for a very small ledge so you are exposed to the elements.

The largest balconies by far are those on the aft, 1133, 1141, 1140, 1138, and 1130. There are also very hard to get because of the location and balcony size.

We had 1140 on the Summit. It is 14 ft deep and has a overhand that covers half. Because of the size there were also two loungers, 2 reclining chairs and 2 footstools. It is also very convenient to the Sunset Bar and the buffet by using the outside staircase that is around the corner at the end of the hallway next to the end cabin.

We always find the bottle of bubbly useful for the sailaway. Especaily when we had that aft balcony. We would vigorously shake the bottle, pop the cork and spray the passengers below from the balcony. 🍾 😱🤗 NOT.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Did not know they changed it when it had been opened, did you not notice I said "I tried it".

I really do not pay Aqua prices to get chicken and the breakfast I would send back in a greasy spoon in the UK and never eat there again. Sausage with grease when you stabbed it, bacon that looked boiled, muesli, no tableside muesli, that tasted like cold thin porridge. Never again and never again Celebrity. Three cruises booked none with Celebrity.

All I can say is we had a different experience on the Infinity, doing South America. Food was wonderful in Blu, cabin was great. Never went to the spa and did not use the Persian Garden. We are booked on 2 X cruises, won’t travel in conceige anymore, either Aqua or higher.

Hi everyone - we have done quite a few cruises but with quite a few lines so never really got much loyalty wise. We have just booked a 16 night AC for next year and went on a 12 night AC a couple of years ago. Previous to that we had 2 or 3 cruises on RCI with our sons so booked 2 cabins. Do those points get combined? How can I check. re cabins. we have booked 1624 on Eclipse. Do you think one of the cabins with the bigger balconies - such as 1552 - would be better? Also - are they free of the overhang? We def. like the sun. don't get enough of it here in the NE of England. By the way - to the original poster - we have sailed with RCI, P&O, Oceania and Celebrity and find AC lovely. We really like the smaller more intimate Blu restaurant and ended up eating there pretty much every night. We were also celebrating our 25th anniversary on board. will be 30th next year and will be in AC again! You will love it.

Royal and X recognize each other's loyalty levels, but points accrue separately. On X and Azamara the points accrue simultaneously.

As to the overhang question, we sailed Reflection in December in an Aqua class hump balcony with an overhang. It was lovely since the balcony was large enough to offer both sunny and shady areas. Choice is wonderful!

I doubt that your drink ever went near the champagne area and in the Uk could not be called such. But if you like fizzy wine and juice I am glad you got what you wanted.

I am trying by my comments to tell someone who asked "What to expect" that some people experience negative experiences in Aqua and BLU and be warned that the fizzy wine could be purchased for coppers in a supermarket. Also that BLU is not, for some, a good experience. If you asked what to expect why would you only want to know those who have either had positive experiences of look at Celebrity through rose tinted spectacles?

Perhaps my comments about how terrible I found that fizzy wine will encourage them to think twice about opening it and take up the comment that one can swap it for a wine of choice and therefore not wasting it as I did.

Whoa...Calm Down !!!! I haven't even gone on my X cruise yet and my post you quoted was just an addition to my post #8 & #21 above about my upgrade from veranda to AQ.

The champagne bottle will be left in my cabin and thus I can certainly get some fresh squeezed OJ to add to it, so regardless of your expert opinion It will be good enough for us.

I certainly won't need to think "twice" about exchanging it for red/white wine ... I was already offered that when I upgraded my cabin category. We aren't wine drinker's at ALL (hate the stuff) and the reason I opted for "fuzzy drink" instead.

Please no need to respond to my post .... just change lanes and move on .... I certainly didn't ask for your advice about my choice of comp (perk) beverage....and I certainly hope that you're not a prime example of the poster's here on the Celebrity Board which is new for me....Nice welcome aboard..Thanks & Cheers:eek::eek:

Whoa...Calm Down !!!! I haven't even gone on my X cruise yet and my post you quoted was just an addition to my post #8 & #21 above about my upgrade from veranda to AQ.

The champagne bottle will be left in my cabin and thus I can certainly get some fresh squeezed OJ to add to it, so regardless of your expert opinion It will be good enough for us.

I certainly won't need to think "twice" about exchanging it for red/white wine ... I was already offered that when I upgraded my cabin category. We aren't wine drinker's at ALL (hate the stuff) and the reason I opted for "fuzzy drink" instead.

Please no need to respond to my post .... just change lanes and move on .... I certainly didn't ask for your advice about my choice of comp (perk) beverage....and I certainly hope that you're not a prime example of the poster's here on the Celebrity Board which is new for me....Nice welcome aboard..Thanks & Cheers:eek::eek:

No, I assure you that poster is not the prime example of posters on the Celebrity Board! You will love your cruise. I'm Elite Plus and have seven future bookings at the moment on Celebrity.

We also have cabin 1552 on Reflection looking forward to trying Aqua for the first time. It will be our 4th Celebrity cruise but our first in Aqua, on our previous cruises we booked dining packages, but on our last cruise we met a couple that were in Aqua and they enjoyed Blu so much never got round to trying anywhere else. Despite some of the negative reviews we are looking forward to the experience. We have previously sailed in Concierge and like the footstool on the balcony and the large angle hump balcony (our 3rd time of booking).

I really am not going to worry about a few negative reviews particularly when most of them are from the same person.

We also combine the sparkly stuff with OJ...did anyone mention the upgraded room svc menu..a nice perk, plus jetted shower, priority tenders, etc

AQ breakfast in BLU is great...nice dining room..on M class can usualy order from MDR menu if you prefer due to proximity of kitchens.,,

Sadly no more complimentary daily in-cabin water but you do get a welcome starter btl.

Enjoy the upgrade and ignore naysayers!

No, I assure you that poster is not the prime example of posters on the Celebrity Board! You will love your cruise. I'm Elite Plus and have seven future bookings at the moment on Celebrity.

Thank you so very much...very excited after 25+ cruises with RCI to finally give Celebrity a try...I just couldn't pass up this amazing itinerary.

Additional thank you's to vadell & hcat too !!

Thank you, I am not fond of champagne, and will be exchanging it for a nice bottle of red

You can also take the bottle of bubbly to the Blu and ask for a credit that you can then apply towards the purchase of any bottle you wish. Think the credit was around $35 last fall - unfortunately they do not credit you with the associated 18% gratuity.

You can also take the bottle of bubbly to the Blu and ask for a credit that you can then apply towards the purchase of any bottle you wish. Think the credit was around $35 last fall - unfortunately they do not credit you with the associated 18% gratuity.

I contacted my travel agent and he assured me that he confirmed that I could get a bottle of red wine. Told me that if I did get the champagne (even though red was noted) that I could exchange it with the room steward. (Perhaps choose a specific type as well) thanks!