Luggage Tags...FYI

Georgia_Peaches

I'm ready to set sail on Equinox in 25 days, who's counting?? Anyhow, I ordered luggage tags 15 days ago but after reading a few threads on website issues, decided to give X a call to confirm that my order had been received. There was no record of an on-line request. As of today, luggage tags are officially requested an hopefully on the way. My suggestion is that if you are hoping to receive luggage tags, bypass the website and give Celebrity a call.

Cheers!

No need at all to worry about luggage tags. They will have them at the pier when you drop off your luggage.

We have ordered them from the cruiseline, printed them at home, or got them tagged at the pier, no real difference, the luggage makes it to our cabin around the time for muster.

Enjoy your cruise!

No need at all to worry about luggage tags. They will have them at the pier when you drop off your luggage.

We have ordered them from the cruiseline, printed them at home, or got them tagged at the pier, no real difference, the luggage makes it to our cabin around the time for muster.

Enjoy your cruise!

While you are right about getting luggage tags at the pier. As Celebrity cruise leave from many different ports around the world and english is not always spoken or written everywhere by everyone. I just feel better having my own tags.

Enjoy your cruise!

Have done that too and it does work, for sure. I just like to have all that taken care of prior to arrival but will certainly resort to that if needed.

Have done that too and it does work, for sure. I just like to have all that taken care of prior to arrival but will certainly resort to that if needed.

Maybe I'm dense, but you could have all that taken care of prior to arrival" two minutes from now by printing them on your home printer. AND save all that time with internet and phone requests to get them by mail, with a result of worrying about their arrival.

Pretty soon all the cruise lines will do away with this - another effort to save them money. THIS cutback makes total sense. Can't happen soon enough, IMHO.

Great idea...except that print button doesn't work. Apparently, it's not a live link and goes to a blank page.:o

Steps to print luggage tags from website after accessing reservation:

. Go to Complete Check in

. Click on Before You Board

. Then click the Pre-Board button on the menu

. Luggage Tags button appears

. Cruise Docs PDF 'should' come up, not a blank page

. Print out the second last page which has the coloured luggage tag.

I copy the number I need to cruise and insert into a plastic sleeve made for the tags (Amazon has them). If you don't have the sleeve, you can fold as instructed and staple onto your luggage handle. Saves waiting for the port attendant doing these for you with all the 'organized mayhem' going on. Hope this helps.

Edited by oceangoer2

Maybe I'm dense, but you could have all that taken care of prior to arrival" two minutes from now by printing them on your home printer. AND save all that time with internet and phone requests to get them by mail, with a result of worrying about their arrival.

Pretty soon all the cruise lines will do away with this - another effort to save them money. THIS cutback makes total sense. Can't happen soon enough, IMHO.

The printing option only works when there printing option actually works. With Celebrity this is more miss than hit.

I copy the number I need to cruise and insert into a plastic sleeve made for the tags (Amazon has them). If you don't have the sleeve, you can fold as instructed and staple onto your luggage handle. Saves waiting for the port attendant doing these for you with all the 'organized mayhem' going on. Hope this helps.

Great step-by-step. Thank you for posting. It helps to have the pop-up blocker turned off.;)

I did exactly those steps and got diddly. Could have been an ad blocker but Ididn't feel like messing with it so I just called and had them withing a week.

The Celebrity website is useless and most people aren't successful printing the luggage tags. The easiest way is to call the Captains Club and ask them to request luggage tags. You'll probably have them in a week.

Enjoy your cruise.

There is a place on the cruise manager where you can request luggage tags be mail to you.

Yes, that is correct. However, the point I was trying to make is that the online request is a fail. It does not go through and therefore, the tags do not arrive.

There is a place on the cruise manager where you can request luggage tags be mail to you.

The whole point of this and similar threads is that the "place on cruise manager" for ordering just doesn't work half the time. That leaves the options of calling Celebrity if you still want them; printing them online; or using the tags available at the port.

If you want tags other than the ones you print yourself,call. They told me as much when I called. They said that the emails were "really backed up", in other words you will not get them if you request them online. I think with Celebrity it pretty much pays to call about everything.

We sail Eclipse on April 1st. Ordered tags 3 times, not one came. Called Celebrity, had them in 4 days. I need to have them prior since my husband is in an electric chair and uses a walker and it makes life so much easier for me just putting them on the morning before we board. The web site sucks.

waited for luggage tags, became concerned , couldn't print the ones that came with e docs, and why should i, when they should come from celebrity with room # and specific deck color, so i called, they didm;t come after 7 days, called again..got them immediately..followed by two more sets.....lol!!!!:o

I did exactly those steps and got diddly. Could have been an ad blocker but Ididn't feel like messing with it so I just called and had them withing a week.

Yes, true....the ad blocker stopped my request until I finally realized what was going on. I opened it for 'just this site'. My request for luggage tags didn't happen and we leave this week-end. Copies look just as good; worked for me last cruise so getting used to printing my own. Can't count on this website for pretty much anything. Even ALL available rooms can be seen on 'another' competitive site. It wouldn't take all that much for their IT dept to react to these concerns. A fix a day takes the complaints away...LOL.

• 1 month later...
Great step-by-step. Thank you for posting. It helps to have the pop-up blocker turned off.;)

Thank you both for posting! I have been close to trashing my laptop in frustration today, but after turning off the ad blocker managed to print my luggage labels and discover my E-docs in one click:):):):):)

I tried, and tried, and tried to print the luggage tags. Just didn't work no matter what I did to the computer - sometimes you have to request them if you want them already tagged to your bag when you arrive to the pier!

Ordering them is a waste of time. Simply put a piece of masking tape on each suitcase with your cabin number. It matters not if the porter speaks only Chinese, they can see your tag and attach another in seconds. Why waste time ordering or complaining about the procedure to order. Most lines do not offer them. Wish Celebrity would discontinue too.