Princess OM — No compensation for their failure.

Cruzer1001

We are on the 18/04/15 25-day Regal transatlantic to Copenhagen, booked in a Lido mini suite. After a number of advertised “Ocean Medallion Preview” cruises, ours and all the subsequent sailings of the Regal are advertised as “***** Vacations”; no longer in Preview.

We finally got our letter advising us that we would not be in a ***** stateroom. Since we had heard rumblings about what a disaster the ***** program has been we were surprised to hear from our TA that while Princess had been compensating cruisers on the Preview cruises for the failure of the ***** program they had made a “corporate decision” to not compensate those passengers on the cruises where the system was supposed to be up and running because they should have expected the system to not be ready. If you are a frequent sailer then you get some OBC and internet but if you are new to Princess, well this is a learning opportunity.

Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just by chance, did you bother to read the cruise contract you agreed to? Some how I doubt it. Princess doesn't guarantee anything, even the destination of the cruise. You somehow think your owed something for having to use your card key?

Something must have changed recently. We're on the same cruise, only the 14 day version, and I called Princess and after speaking to the rep and explaining my thoughts and disappointment she contacted "customer relations" and no problem on getting $100 OBC.

Meh, carry a card or carry a ***** no difference for me. I don't like jewelry so would wear an ***** on my wrist or necklace style.

I did try to get an OBC because it was cancelled for my sailing, they said no but it cost me nothing to ask.

This Cruise was hyped and sold as the roll out of the Medallion Cruise, not preview. There was no official announcement from Princess that this would not occur until the recent email. The “preview” medallion cruises did receive compensation, per Princess it was decided this cruise would not. Where is the parity, all clients should be treated the same. I could care less about the Medallion, but Princess once it establishes a policy it should apply to all. Just my two cents:D;p

I agree, everyone has been getting "compensated" for the lack of the Medallion. I would be disappointed if I didn't get compensated like everyone else has been. I imagine this is costing Princess a lot in OBC so they decided to stop it. I actually cancelled a cruise because it was a Medallion cruise and we were told we could not order the AIBP (at the time before PBP).

I suspect all Princess cruisers will be paying for the medallion for years to come with higher prices.

The whole implementation of ***** has been dismal. We were on the cruise that was supposed to have been the first ***** cruise. Of course, we all know how that transpired. No telling when it will actually happen totally on board and for the subsequent ships Princess promised.

Princess made a huge error in their hype and promise of the Ocean Medallion in how it would revolutionize cruising. Not sure if the program creators cautioned the program had bugs and Princess ignored or was sold as a program that could be implemented sooner than in reality could be.

Many on our "roll out" cruise received various amounts of a "goodwill" OBC due to no ***** cruise as promised. Again, another failure since there was no rhyme or reason in how some received greater amounts than others.

Overall, not surprised Princess has discontinued a "goodwill" OBC. No way they can continue to bleed dollars in OBC when there doesn't seem to be a timeline for total completion of the ***** program. Sorry to the OP; you happen to be too late in the ***** game.

We were on the Regal's Feb. 18-25 cruise. We got a bit of goodwill OBC for not having one of the ***** cabins. Ours was less than some others reported because we booked in December. Others on our roll call thread waited to call and did not receive anything--even some who had booked earlier than we did.

I say call directly. Even people who booked through a travel agent can call Princess direct about not having ***** for their cabin.

We are on the 18/04/15 25-day Regal transatlantic to Copenhagen, booked in a Lido mini suite. After a number of advertised “Ocean Medallion Preview” cruises, ours and all the subsequent sailings of the Regal are advertised as “***** Vacations”; no longer in Preview.

We finally got our letter advising us that we would not be in a ***** stateroom. Since we had heard rumblings about what a disaster the ***** program has been we were surprised to hear from our TA that while Princess had been compensating cruisers on the Preview cruises for the failure of the ***** program they had made a “corporate decision” to not compensate those passengers on the cruises where the system was supposed to be up and running because they should have expected the system to not be ready. If you are a frequent sailer then you get some OBC and internet but if you are new to Princess, well this is a learning opportunity.

Lesson learned.

I interpret this to mean this is your first Princess cruise.

Are you saying that the only reason you are sailing on Princess for the first time is because the ship was supposed to have the Medallion?

Oh, the horror!!

How has this altered your cruise at all? Why would you be entitled to compensation?

Exactly as above. The lack of ***** has not negatively influenced your cruise experience. Hopefully you can get past the fact that you won't be getting OBC and enjoy the cruise.

So if you bought a car based in part on the promise that it had keyless entry, you would have no problem taking delivery of one that required use of a key without a price adjustment?

I really do not understand why someone should willing accept a broken written promise from a for profit corporation.

Just by chance, did you bother to read the cruise contract you agreed to? Some how I doubt it. Princess doesn't guarantee anything, even the destination of the cruise. You somehow think your owed something for having to use your card key?

Speaking of reading, try reading my post. My concern is why Princess would compensate people on “Previews” but not those in the “Vacations”.

Oh, the horror!!

How has this altered your cruise at all? Why would you be entitled to compensation?

For the same reason people on CC feel the cruise line owes them free specialty dining, free drinks and OBC because they had to wait 20 minutes once for Club Class dining. Again, the question is why Princess is compensating “Preview” passengers while stonewalling “Vacation” passengers.

This Cruise was hyped and sold as the roll out of the Medallion Cruise, not preview. There was no official announcement from Princess that this would not occur until the recent email. The “preview” medallion cruises did receive compensation, per Princess it was decided this cruise would not. Where is the parity, all clients should be treated the same. I could care less about the Medallion, but Princess once it establishes a policy it should apply to all. Just my two cents:D;p

It is still being sold as the Ocean Medallion Vacation on the Princess site. The only way Princess will tell you it is a “Preview” is after you book it.

We were on the Regal's Feb. 18-25 cruise. We got a bit of goodwill OBC for not having one of the ***** cabins. Ours was less than some others reported because we booked in December. Others on our roll call thread waited to call and did not receive anything--even some who had booked earlier than we did.

I say call directly. Even people who booked through a travel agent can call Princess direct about not having ***** for their cabin.

Good to know. We booked in September.

I interpret this to mean this is your first Princess cruise.

Are you saying that the only reason you are sailing on Princess for the first time is because the ship was supposed to have the Medallion?

You don’t really understand the concept of failure to deliver. Yes we are new to Princess and the failure of Ocean Medallion is just the latest in Princess under-delivering. My question is why Princess would feel it is important to compensate “Preview” passengers and then stiff those who booked the “Vacation” sailings.

On your next cruise, inform your room attendant that you will be tipping only the dining room staff and let us know how happy they are.

So if you bought a car based in part on the promise that it had keyless entry, you would have no problem taking delivery of one that required use of a key without a price adjustment?

I really do not understand why someone should willing accept a broken written promise from a for profit corporation.

No, I would refuse delivery of the vehicle on the grounds that it wasn't delivered per the contract. If they refused to refund my deposit, there would be legal action. I wouldn't want a price adjustment; I'd want the vehicle as ordered. If the product cannot be delivered as ordered, I'm entitled to a full refund and I an shop elsewhere.

Has OP asked for/demanded return of deposit since the product cannot be delivered as per the advertising (not per the contract, as if you read the cruise contract the passenger has essentially no rights)? Perhaps they need to have their cruise moved to another that does have the system functioning, even if this requires significant delay.

No' date=' I would refuse delivery of the vehicle on the grounds that it wasn't delivered per the contract. If they refused to refund my deposit, there would be legal action. I wouldn't want a price adjustment; I'd want the vehicle as ordered. If the product cannot be delivered as ordered, I'm entitled to a full refund and I an shop elsewhere.

Has OP asked for/demanded return of deposit since the product cannot be delivered as per the advertising (not per the contract, as if you read the cruise contract the passenger has essentially no rights)? Perhaps they need to have their cruise moved to another that does have the system functioning, even if this requires significant delay.[/quote']

There is no deposit involved; Princess has required everyone to pay in full (in our case $12K+) by now when they are sending out emails changing the cruise to a Preview. You know, as does Princess, that cruise contracts are for the benefit of the cruise line to the detriment of the paying customer and no one ever can win since the cruise line promises absolutely nothing. Even I don’t expect Princess to refund my cruise just because they have a million-dollar failure. I am just curious why they feel it is good policy to compensate Preview passengers who would possibly expect “issues” and then stiff the Vacation passengers who, until they paid their cruise in full, were told nothing.

There is no deposit involved; Princess has required everyone to pay in full (in our case $12K+) by now when they are sending out emails changing the cruise to a Preview. You know, as does Princess, that cruise contracts are for the benefit of the cruise line to the detriment of the paying customer and no one ever can win since the cruise line promises absolutely nothing. Even I don’t expect Princess to refund my cruise just because they have a million-dollar failure. I am just curious why they feel it is good policy to compensate Preview passengers who would possibly expect “issues” and then stiff the Vacation passengers who, until they paid their cruise in full, were told nothing.

Sorry to hear you don't have it. It's very aggravating to book something and then have it changed.

Just wanted to let you know that Princess didn't compensate Preview passengers vs vacation passengers. There were NO preview sailings to begin with. All of the cruises were heavily marketed and sold as ***** Vacations starting from day one. Shortly prior to sailing, they without warning changed them from ***** Vacations to ***** Preview Sailings. I think the first cruise changed maybe two to three weeks prior to sailing in November. In a few weeks they finally changed the wording on the website to ***** Preview.

Call Princess back yourself and tell them how upsetting this is to you. You don't need to have your TA call.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Lesson learned.

I don't believe the ***** medallion was in use in 2015. Try actually reading your note from Princess. We received the compensation plus free internet for not being in one of the few ***** cabins. Decent compensation for something that really is not very useful as currently configured.

Sorry to hear you don't have it. It's very aggravating to book something and then have it changed.

Just wanted to let you know that Princess didn't compensate Preview passengers vs vacation passengers. There were NO preview sailings to begin with. All of the cruises were heavily marketed and sold as ***** Vacations starting from day one. Shortly prior to sailing, they without warning changed them from ***** Vacations to ***** Preview Sailings. I think the first cruise changed maybe two to three weeks prior to sailing in November. In a few weeks they finally changed the wording on the website to ***** Preview.

Call Princess back yourself and tell them how upsetting this is to you. You don't need to have your TA call.

I am afraid you are wrong about this. Princess just changed the website overnight and the cruises prior to April 15th were and still are shown as “Ocean Medallion Preview” while the April 15th transatlantic and beyond bore an “Ocean Medallion Vacation” banner until overnight March7/8. Also, Princess themselves has said that while they were compensating “Preview” passengers for the ***** failure, that a “corporate decision” was made to not provide any compensation to “Vacation” passengers as they had never specifically told passengers that the ***** program would ever be functional. This decision came after they had already compensated some April 15th passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't believe the ***** medallion was in use in 2015. Try actually reading your note from Princess. We received the compensation plus free internet for not being in one of the few ***** cabins. Decent compensation for something that really is not very useful as currently configured.

Sorry, outside the US dates are shown YY/MM/DD so that computers can easily sort them. The date is April 15th 2018, a little more than five weeks from now. The note from Princess simply states that a “corporate decision” was made to not compensate Ocean Medallion Vacation passengers in spite of their compensating Ocean Medallion Preview passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed. We were booked on the 2B4 back to back original preview cruise. No ***** room, No Grand Turk (hurricane)substituted Princess Cay, so PC and Nassau, no ***** for a six day cruise - NO THANKS ! - cancelled both got FULL monies refunded including port and Travel insurance. Booked a 5 day Western on the Crown.- for that same period, just 1 fewer day at a much, much lower price.

Ironically on Monday, we got the move over offer from our 5 day Crown back to Grand Turk on 3/11 - to the 7 day Eastern (PC, st Thomas, st maarteen ) on 3/18