Question about what I can wear at dinner

nj356

Hello

My family and I will be on the Equinox the 24th and I wanted to ask about what I can wear when we eat at the main dinning room. Can I wear dress shorts and a golf shirt or is that not allowed.

Thank you

Please find the following link from the Celebrity Cruises website helpful for your decision on what to wear and what to pack. Enjoy your cruise.
V - thank you

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Read the information provided on the link and interpret what's comfortable and decide for yourselves what you like. The new Evening Chic offers quite a bit of latitude for personal choice. Then ignore the posts that will most certainly follow lobbying you to dress very formally or not formally at all. If your choices fit the guidelines (which I'm sure they will since you took the trouble to ask) you will be fine and also see many who have chosen to dress as you do, no matter what your choice! Have a wonderful cruise.

Most guys on cruises wear casual pants like khakis and polo style or Caribbean style shirts and boat shoes/loafers on casual nights and dress pants/dress shirt/dress shoes/belt with or without a tie or jacket for formal night. Ties and jackets look great in formal pictures. Some, of course, will dress in a tux or even military dress clothes. As a female, I just throw on a dress and flats and earrings for dinner. My formal dresses are cocktail style.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Read the information provided on the link and interpret what's comfortable and decide for yourselves what you like. The new Evening Chic offers quite a bit of latitude for personal choice. Then ignore the posts that will most certainly follow lobbying you to dress very formally or not formally at all. If your choices fit the guidelines (which I'm sure they will since you took the trouble to ask) you will be fine and also see many who have chosen to dress as you do, no matter what your choice! Have a wonderful cruise.

Good post, lots of options. Just to confirm no shorts.

Hello

My family and I will be on the Equinox the 24th and I wanted to ask about what I can wear when we eat at the main dinning room. Can I wear dress shorts and a golf shirt or is that not allowed.

Thank you

It's fine to wear shorts for breakfast & lunch in the main dining room ... but not for dinner.

A polo shirt is fine for dinner ... just not the shorts.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Covering a bald spot, the majority.

Why bother to cover something that happens naturally. A baseball cap in a dining room is far more conspicuous than a guy who may be bald. We bald guys will never be in the minority on a cruise.

Why bother to cover something that happens naturally. A baseball cap in a dining room is far more conspicuous than a guy who may be bald. We bald guys will never be in the minority on a cruise.

My DH is a guy who often wears a ball cap (not in the dining room!) not out of vanity, but to protect himself from the sun since several bouts of skin cancer. I don't know why so many people automatically assume the worst! I'd advise those so quick to judgement to stop and breathe and think for a moment before lashing out. On a rare occasion he might have forgotten it was on but would certainly apologize and remove it if reminded. He'd also be embarrassed to have forgotten.

My DH is a guy who often wears a ball cap (not in the dining room!) not out of vanity, but to protect himself from the sun since several bouts of skin cancer. I don't know why so many people automatically assume the worst! I'd advise those so quick to judgement to stop and breathe and think for a moment before lashing out.

The original post was about what dress was acceptable in a dining room. We all wear our baseball caps outside as protection from the sun. (bald or not bald)

What’s with all the guys wearing baseball caps?

We were on Anthem of the Seas last month, and I had the same reaction at dinner, including on what passes for formal night on Royal. I always thought it was rude to wear a baseball cap to dinner.

We were in the suite dinning room 2 weeks ago , not only did 2 of the people have baseball hats each night but one would remove his shoes during dinner , at that point I asked to be moved to another table . I had read a few posts before this cruise saying how there was some sort of dress code, of course 98 percent dressed fine