Fantacy Class

With the exception of the Pride and the Celebration (I'm glad I got to experience a Holiday Class ship before they sold them all off) , most of my cruises have been on Fantasy Class ships (the Fantasy was my first), but I have enjoyed every cruise on them and will cruise on them again (returning to the Ecstasy this fall). I like how they are not too big and not too small, but still offer everything that we need to enjoy ourselves.

We're not ready to do Mega-ship yet, don't know if we ever will be either. Fantasy and Spirit Class are big enough for us right now.

Maybe I'll try a Conquest Class someday....maybe.

I will be taking my first trip on a Fantasy class shortly. Truth be told, when I first heard about smaller, older, ships, I had no interest in ever touching them. The more I heard about them, the more they sounded appealing. Walking into the Punchliner a few minutes before the show sounds too good to be true!

Walking into the Punchliner a few minutes before the show sounds too good to be true!

My experience with this last year on the Ecstasy was the first couple nights wasn't hard to find a seat getting there about 10 minutes early, but after more people heard about it, it was getting packed earlier.

I haven't sailed a Fantasy Class ship in 10 years. Sensation was my 1st cruise in 1998. Also been on the Fascination, Imagination, Ecstasy, Fantasy and enjoyed them all! Since then I've ventured out to the newer, bigger ships including the Vista last year.

The hubby and I just booked the Paradise out of Tampa for next April to Cuba. Hubby has never been on a Fantasy class ship. So I've had to prepare him that there is no Red Frog Pub or Bonsai Sushi - and those things we will miss. But I'm really looking forward to being back on this class. And it's after dry dock, so we were able to snag one of the new balconies (which is a must for us now!). It will definitely feel like a blast from the past when I first step on that ship!

We love the smaller ships. We sailed the fantasy from mobile last oct for 5 days, 2 ports and it was perfect. Got to sight see in mobile, had 2 great stops and back home in 7 days. Cant beat the price , not crowded, great service and not hard to navigate ship. Wish they would make more smaller ships.

When the Fascination was here in Jax prior to the Elation, everyone liked it:) Now that the Elation is here in Jax, it is now a another Fantasy Class Favorite.!:):)

Yes, there is a deck (not new), that now has the Grand Suites and Cabins. I think it is deck 12, and there is only one elevator to get there and it is on the Port Side Forward.The new cabins replaced the track, and mini golf. CCl did add a small mini golf course and bocci ball .

It is Deck 14, Grand. There is an empty area above it. It has been added to Paradise, too. EM

Originally posted by jwjax When the Fascination was here in Jax prior to the Elation, everyone liked it:) Now that the Elation is here in Jax, it is now a another Fantasy Class Favorite.!:):)

Yes, there is a deck (not new), that now has the Grand Suites and Cabins. I think it is deck 12, and there is only one elevator to get there and it is on the Port Side Forward.The new cabins replaced the track, and mini golf. CCl did add a small mini golf course and bocci ball .

It is Deck 14, Grand. There is an empty area above it. It has been added to Paradise, too. EM

Wow! Deck 14? (isn't it 13 for real though ??) I forgot about the Spa deck 12?

Has anyone seen the empty deck above? Are there plans for new cabins etc.??

We've been on several classes of ships from Holiday to Vista but Elation has my heart. Our favorite part of the Fantasy Class is the open-air "wings" at the back. It is our Happy Place. It would have been nice for Carnival to have those on some of the bigger ships.

We just returned from Elation and absolutely loved the ship. The 2.0 upgrades really make a huge difference on this ship. The quality of service in the dining room and cruise director didn't stack up to that of Magic, but that could just be the luck of the draw.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

I also like the Fantasy Class ships. My first was a 7 day Inspiration cruise out of Tampa in 2003. Then I have done 5 day cruises on Ecstasy, Paradise and Elation out of various Florida ports. All have been great cruises. My next will be on the newly updated Fascination next month for a 7 day cruise out of San Juan. I miss the steakhouse when on the Fantasy Class ships but overall I enjoy the smaller ships. I look forward to the updates on Fascination. The new bars and eateries will certainly enhance the cruise experience on these smaller ships. Since Carnival has been updating these Fantasy class ships then they will be around a while. Alright by me.:cool:

Fantasy was my very first cruise, and I'll always have a soft spot for her! That time was before CCL left Mobile. Since they came back, I've sailed on her again, and now I have my very first back-to-back booked on her for this Nov./Dec. I'm fine with repeating ports since Mobile is a fairly easy drive-to port for me.

So, my upcoming #10/11 cruise does have a new port for me---Costa Maya, I've never been there. But, even if I just stayed on Fantasy and lazed around and never got off the ship, I would be fine with that too.

One more thing----yes, I love those Lido "back winglets" for a peaceful, easy view of the tailwaters. I love the outdoor tables on the sides of the Lido buffet area also. Anything outside so I can smell that fresh ocean air! Along with easy access to getting my Arnold Palmers or making my own lemon shake with the vanilla soft serve from the ice cream station topped with some lemonade!

Oh, no, now I'm just getting homesick to be on a cruise, right now!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I haven't sailed a Fantasy Class ship in 10 years. Sensation was my 1st cruise in 1998. Also been on the Fascination, Imagination, Ecstasy, Fantasy and enjoyed them all! Since then I've ventured out to the newer, bigger ships including the Vista last year.

The hubby and I just booked the Paradise out of Tampa for next April to Cuba. Hubby has never been on a Fantasy class ship. So I've had to prepare him that there is no Red Frog Pub or Bonsai Sushi - and those things we will miss. But I'm really looking forward to being back on this class. And it's after dry dock, so we were able to snag one of the new balconies (which is a must for us now!). It will definitely feel like a blast from the past when I first step on that ship!

The Paradise is getting the same treatment as the Elation and will have the Red Frog and Sushi options.

Wow! Deck 14? (isn't it 13 for real though ??) I forgot about the Spa deck 12?

Has anyone seen the empty deck above? Are there plans for new cabins etc.??

Yes it's really 13. We just got off today and stayed in one of the Jr. Suites on Deck 14. The deck above it is completely empty, not even a chair up there. But it stays so windy chairs wouldn't be any good as no one want to be there. For it to be useful they will have to add some walls to break the wind. It's just there because it's the roof for the new rooms they added. Was a nice sail away spot though.

The Paradise is getting the same treatment as the Elation and will have the Red Frog and Sushi options.

Yes it's really 13. We just got off today and stayed in one of the Jr. Suites on Deck 14. The deck above it is completely empty, not even a chair up there. But it stays so windy chairs wouldn't be any good as no one want to be there. For it to be useful they will have to add some walls to break the wind. It's just there because it's the roof for the new rooms they added. Was a nice sail away spot though.

It will have the Red Frog Rum Bar on Lido, but will not have the Red Frog Pub. Neither does the Elation. Both have "Sushi at sea" which is a little sushi stand off of the atrium which is at an extra charge. We had sushi on Elation this week and were not impressed.

My first-ever cruise was on the Ecstasy and since then I’ve sailed on Fascination and Sensation. I absolutely love the Fantasy class ships - they feel much less crowded and the service has always been great. I cruise because I love feeling connected to the water and the smaller ships like the Fantasy class definitely offer that.

The only thing that would make them perfect would be a lower-level promenade deck where you could really feel close to the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be on the Fascination in a week. Our first cruise was Disney Magic in 2007 and looking to return to the smaller ships (and yes Mich Ultra, I know that's Disney and not Carnival, but I didn't post pictures).

We've been on the Carnival Dream, the Disney Fantasy, and I'm really excited for the Fascination. I remember looking through the deck plans and noticing those "wings" back of the buffet as well as the side outdoor tables and thinking - those look like great hangout spots! I hope I can find some more!

Going to be on the Fascination in a week. Our first cruise was Disney Magic in 2007 and looking to return to the smaller ships (and yes Mich Ultra, I know that's Disney and not Carnival, but I didn't post pictures).

We've been on the Carnival Dream, the Disney Fantasy, and I'm really excited for the Fascination. I remember looking through the deck plans and noticing those "wings" back of the buffet as well as the side outdoor tables and thinking - those look like great hangout spots! I hope I can find some more!

Those wings are my favorite aft sitting area of any ship I have been on.