Reflections from the Reflection....a RS experience.

chemmo

Le petit chef est magnifique!

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience last night. Often one can experience ‘fun dining’ but it is often at the expense of getting good food. Last night we had both.

I really don’t want to say too much about the presentation as it would spoil the surprise but it really did surpass our expectations!

The food is a set five course meal with an alternative menu if you have any food allergies/ dislikes....If you don’t go with the set menu then the presentation will not match the food.

Thank you:)

Le petit chef est magnifique!

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience last night. Often one can experience ‘fun dining’ but it is often at the expense of getting good food. Last night we had both.

I really don’t want to say too much about the presentation as it would spoil the surprise but it really did surpass our expectations!

Hi

My wife and I also saw the Le Petite Chef dining experience on QSINE.

We had no idea what this was, and to be honest if we knew we probably wouldn’t have booked it. We are not into gimmicks. But have to say once the evening started my wife and I were transfixed. How often do you have dinner at your own table and start giggling like when you were a kid? My wife and I are in our 60’s (early!) and have done 100’s of specialty restaurants on cruises. This one might be among our favorite.

At one point I looked at my wife who has had a tough year and she was looking down at the Le Petite Chef with her mouth open with joy and smiling like a child...can’t ask for anything more.

We hope to do this again on Edge next year and bring the whole family next time.

Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following your experience closely.

Our first Celebrity cruise will be a Royal Suite on Reflection.

It’s coming up soon

Thank you for sharing

Glad you are finding it useful! Please feel free to ask any questions!

Glad we weren’t the only 60 something gigglers!

We chuckled from start to finish.....

My wife and daughter and I were also at last nights Petit Chef dinner (6pm sitting). We all thought it was a fantastic experience and would be worth the expected $55 cost when rolled out. It was $25 last night. We thought the applause after each video was warranted (although that’s not something I would think to do for dinner, this was an experience).

I do have a couple of photos but don’t want to spoil it for anyone.

I didn’t think the food would be as good as luminae but it was excellent.

Highly recommended from me as well as wife and daughter. I hope you give it a try.

My wife and I also saw the Le Petite Chef dining experience on QSINE.

We had no idea what this was, and to be honest if we knew we probably wouldn’t have booked it. We are not into gimmicks. ....This one might be among our favorite.

Highly recommend.

Agreed. I think if you approach this experience open to enjoying it then you most likely will do so. We enjoyed everything about it and so did other people we spoke with afterwards.

It was great.

We are on the Reflection next week and excited to try a new concept. Will Qsine offer This and what nights! Thanks for all the reviews. As a new member of the age 60 group, I am ready to giggle like my grandkids!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Reflection next week and excited to try a new concept. Will Qsine offer This and what nights! Thanks for all the reviews. As a new member of the age 60 group, I am ready to giggle like my grandkids!

We believe next cruise it will be each evening chic night, $55. It really has been very popular.....strongly suggest you book on boarding.

We believe next cruise it will be each evening chic night, $55. It really has been very popular.....strongly suggest you book on boarding.

Glad you are having a wonderful cruise! We love the Reflection and have enjoyed amazing cruises in Celebrity and Sky suites on that ship. Thanks for taking the time to write a live review!

We are on the 1st two Edge preview cruises and are hoping to do Le Petit Chef at Le Grand Bistro restaurant, if they have it on one of those cruises. Could you please give me an idea of the menu that you experienced?

Thanks!

Glad you are having a wonderful cruise! We love the Reflection and have enjoyed amazing cruises in Celebrity and Sky suites on that ship. Thanks for taking the time to write a live review!

We are on the 1st two Edge preview cruises and are hoping to do Le Petit Chef at Le Grand Bistro restaurant, if they have it on one of those cruises. Could you please give me an idea of the menu that you experienced?

Thanks!

I will be doing a preview cruise as well and then have 24 going on Edge in January, 16 have already said they want to try this so trying to collect as much detail/info as I can! ;)

I promised at the start of my postings to relate any differences we had experienced between other S class ships and Reflection, particularly regarding the suite experience.

Michael’s Club has always been our preferred venue for pre and post dinner drinks. We were concerned pre cruise that it may be really busy. On the positive side we have not struggled to find seats, suitable (not too loud!) music has been provided early evening and a very enjoyable helipad cruise away from Antigua had been arranged by the staff.

On the negative side the service just is not as personal as we have always experienced....We have been accustomed by day 3 of the cruise to be greeted something like “Good evening Mr....Mrs....is it Heineken and Cosmopolitan?”..... We are not only finding this more personal feeling missing general service level also is leaving a bit to be desired.....We also miss not being able to order a decent post dinner coffee.

Only small issues, certainly not enough to spoil our cruise but certainly we are not enjoying our visits to Michael’s as much as we have on other ships, we are starting to use other venues.

We got off the Reflection on March 12 and have to agree with you about the personalized service in Michael’s Club not being up to par. It was our 7th cruise on the Reflection and the service on our last two were a little disappointing. It all has to do with the MC hosts and we have come to the conclusion that some “just don’t get it”. It's not just because the Reflection has more suites, service had been fantastic on previous cruises. Those former MC hosts who excelled have been promoted to Suite Managers. 😉

Thanks! Hope we can use the dining package. Will the menu be the same each night this is offered? Will the old Quisine menu be offered on the other nights?

Thanks!

The menu was Bouillabaisse, lobster, fillet mignon, a rice pudding brûlée? and finally ice cream. There was a second menu if anyone had allergies or dislikes but this then didn’t follow the ‘story’.

The menu was Bouillabaisse, lobster, fillet mignon, a rice pudding brûlée? and finally ice cream. There was a second menu if anyone had allergies or dislikes but this then didn’t follow the ‘story’.

Yum, I guess we can live with that! ;) I just hate to see that poor lobster boil again. :)

We got off the Reflection on March 12 and have to agree with you about the personalized service in Michael’s Club not being up to par. It was our 7th cruise on the Reflection and the service on our last two were a little disappointing. It all has to do with the MC hosts and we have come to the conclusion that some “just don’t get it”. It's not just because the Reflection has more suites, service had been fantastic on previous cruises. Those former MC hosts who excelled have been promoted to Suite Managers. 😉

If we hadn’t experienced such high service levels on previous cruises perhaps we would not feel a little let down. If we are perfectly honest we can’t make up our minds what is causing the difference.....Understaffing, poor training, more suites....all we know is when have gone in we just haven’t felt ‘looked after’ the way we have on previous cruises.

I think one difference we have noticed has been neither of the hosts has approached us with that magical question/statement ‘is there anything we can do to make your cruise extra special?’. Whilst we have done lots of bridge tours etc concierges have in the past arranged alternatives we have enjoyed. We guess with so many suite guests they may not actively encourage requests so that they can accommodate those that they do get.

At the end of the day there are many alternative bars. We are enjoying nice coffee at the speciality restaurants rather than back at Michael’s and we have found the service generally in bars very good....

It is certainly not going to spoil our cruise!

If we hadn’t experienced such high service levels on previous cruises perhaps we would not feel a little let down. If we are perfectly honest we can’t make up our minds what is causing the difference.....Understaffing, poor training, more suites....all we know is when have gone in we just haven’t felt ‘looked after’ the way we have on previous cruises.

It is certainly not going to spoil our cruise!

No, we don’t let it spoil our cruises either.

But, it’s the little things that can make a big difference. 😊

We board Reflection near the end of April for another Greece and Italy cruise. I sure hope that disappointment stays far away from our venues. The scenery is so gorgeous that I know my DH and I will be wowed! However, sad to hear about the small let downs...