Anyone have pictures of a R class shower stall in a veranda cabin?

Ken the cruiser

We have cruises booked in a Concierge cabin on the Sirena and then on the Nautica and have read on a variety of threads how small the shower stalls are in the veranda cabins, but have yet to see any pictures. If anyone has a picture of one of these shower stalls and would like to share so we can get a better feel for their size, it would be very appreciated.

the Preismans have a good selection of photos of the r ships & cabins

http://www.thepreismans.com/

AFAIK the bathrooms in the A-C cabins are all the same

Sirena photos

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/sirena-1030/

I found a picture of one on the Azamara Quest link. It definitely is small, but shouldn't be an issue for us. But now we know what to expect. Thanks LHT28!

I found a picture of one on the Azamara Quest link. It definitely is small, but shouldn't be an issue for us. But now we know what to expect. Thanks LHT28!

Measured 2'x3'. I was touching a wall or curtain at all times. The entire bathroom was about 6'x3'.

The shower is more than adequate..I have sailed many R ships and never found the shower too small It may seem small because its not glass enclosed like the O ships which are, I think the same size as on R ships.. I think its 90% perception . Nothing to complain about was in one for 25 days..OK!

It's very small and as a woman, virtually impossible to shave in. Can't turn without the shower curtain sticking to a body part. Plenty to complain about. But we love the R ships, so the shower is just something we put up with.....

It's very small and as a woman, virtually impossible to shave in. Can't turn without the shower curtain sticking to a body part. Plenty to complain about. But we love the R ships, so the shower is just something we put up with.....

The spa has great, spacious showers with excellent water pressure. No extra charge to use, too.

Measured 2'x3'. I was touching a wall or curtain at all times. The entire bathroom was about 6'x3'.

Hey, if a small shower in the non-suite cabins is the only negative about the R class ships, then all is good. We have a truck camper that has a smaller shower stall than that and we do OK. At least we won't have to turn the shower off between rinses to make the 6 gallons of hot water last. :D

Hey, if a small shower in the non-suite cabins is the only negative about the R class ships, then all is good. We have a truck camper that has a smaller shower stall than that and we do OK. At least we won't have to turn the shower off between rinses to make the 6 gallons of hot water last. :D

Don Horner used to say the EXACT same thing!

Common sense IS common sense.

Bad comparison. My wife's idea of camping is staying at a Marriott. :o

She's 5 feet 10 inches tall so the spa may be the only option, other than leaving the curtain open and putting towels on the floor to soak up the water.

Bad comparison. My wife's idea of camping is staying at a Marriott. :o

She's 5 feet 10 inches tall so the spa may be the only option, other than leaving the curtain open and putting towels on the floor to soak up the water.

I'm 5'10. Is there a height limitation as well?

Just so we're all talking about the same shower, attached is a 2010 picture of the shower on the Azamara Quest, an R class ship. Is this what it looks like on O's R class ships?

exactly the same

if you look at the Preismans Nautica trip or Regatta trip they are the same :halo:

We will not sail on R ships. That shower is too small. Like Marina Riviera ships.

As noted above, the showers on the Marina/Riviera are about the same size as on the 'R' ships ... but with a door rather than a curtain. This actually makes them feel smaller. BTW - picture a large NFL linebacker ... I'm 6'6" and 325+ lbs and I've managed to do just fine on all of 'O's ships.

Everyone's different.....glad it works for you, but it was a deal breaker for my friend and I. We took our showers at the spa (which has 2 lovely large showers), but it was very inconvenient. For the next cruise we got a penthouse suite.

As noted above, the showers on the Marina/Riviera are about the same size as on the 'R' ships ... but with a door rather than a curtain. This actually makes them feel smaller. BTW - picture a large NFL linebacker ... I'm 6'6" and 325+ lbs and I've managed to do just fine on all of 'O's ships.

Agree showers in O class ships are also small but the glass enclosure IMO is easier to deal with...and if you do not like it you have alternative of using shower in adjacent bath tub. No comparison to frustration of tight shower space with sticky shower curtain on R class ships.

I've never measured them but I believe the shower in the PH on the O class ships are a bit larger.

I'm okay with them but find the ones in a standard veranda on the O ships a bit small and opt to use the shower in the tub.

On the R class I just deal with it.

Everyone's different.....glad it works for you, but it was a deal breaker for my friend and I. We took our showers at the spa (which has 2 lovely large showers), but it was very inconvenient. For the next cruise we got a penthouse suite. [/left]

I like your solution! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The spa has great, spacious showers with excellent water pressure. No extra charge to use, too.

Was able to see the picture of the shower on the Nautica. Not an ideal size, but we can make it work. For me, it is only about three minutes to shower. Plus, as a guy, I do not need to shave my legs. Great to have the reminder on the option of the spa shower. For mid November, 2018, we are doing an Athens to Dubai, 20-day cruise with Oceania on the Nautica, including our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Middle East, etc.

THANKS for these various tips, insights and suggestions! It helps us as first-timers with Oceania to be properly prepared. Keep it coming. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 199,232 views for this posting.

Agree showers in O class ships are also small but the glass enclosure IMO is easier to deal with...and if you do not like it you have alternative of using shower in adjacent bath tub. No comparison to frustration of tight shower space with sticky shower curtain on R class ships.

Leave the bathroom door open a bit. Shower curtain won't stick to you.