2 mores oasis ship on the way for 2023 and 2026

dub237

While the Oasis class is not too wide for the Suez (47m waterline, 60.5m maximum beam versus 77.5m Suezmax), nor too deep (9.3m versus 20.1m Suezmax), she is too high for the power lines across the canal (72m versus 68m Suezmax), though if they take the original Oasis with the retractable funnels (not sure if they continued this on later ships), she might make it.

As for the Capes, she wouldn't go around the Horn, just for weather's sake, and Good Hope is a much more pleasant voyage, but the number of fuel stops would require a lot of logistics.

Interesting and good to know...

While the Oasis class is not too wide for the Suez (47m waterline, 60.5m maximum beam versus 77.5m Suezmax), nor too deep (9.3m versus 20.1m Suezmax), she is too high for the power lines across the canal (72m versus 68m Suezmax), though if they take the original Oasis with the retractable funnels (not sure if they continued this on later ships), she might make it.

As for the Capes, she wouldn't go around the Horn, just for weather's sake, and Good Hope is a much more pleasant voyage, but the number of fuel stops would require a lot of logistics.

Thanks Chief.

Interesting... as suspected zero mention anywhere regarding Radiance Class, so if this comes to fruition possibly the end of Vision and Radiance Class by around this time. 2026 makes the youngest Jewel (built 2004 so 22 yrs old), within a couple of years of the same age that Sovereign, Monarch, Splendour and Legend were transferred out of the Royal fleet. Enjoy the smaller tonnage ships while they last

I agree that the Vision Class will probably be history but the Radiance Class is the same age as the Voyager Class that they are updating. I do hope the keep the Radiance Class around for a while. They can get into ports that the bigger ships will never be able to get to.

I agree that the Vision Class will probably be history but the Radiance Class is the same age as the Voyager Class that they are updating. I do hope the keep the Radiance Class around for a while. They can get into ports that the bigger ships will never be able to get to.

I agree. Could see Radiance Class sticking around until the 2030's. I suspect that Grandeur or Rhapsody are leaving the fleet soon, followed by the other then Vision. Majesty and Empress will probably leave by the early 2020's and they will probably keep on the Enchantment for a little longer.

Global warming will allow transit via the Arctic by then.:')

I agree. Could see Radiance Class sticking around until the 2030's. I suspect that Grandeur or Rhapsody are leaving the fleet soon, followed by the other then Vision. Majesty and Empress will probably leave by the early 2020's and they will probably keep on the Enchantment for a little longer.

But RCI invested so much money in the ship to get rid of the cock roaches...

Several days ago in another thread, someone was mentioning that RC will no longer be building ships at STX France after the ones that are already ordered. There was mention of something to do with welds. So with this article and the possibility of more RC builds from STX France, it doesn't sound like there is a weld issue there.

Daughter & I will sail our first Oasis Class but it is more to see the ship then the Ports. I find seeing new Ports is the reason I enjoy cruising and with the Oasis Class ships, they seem to always end up in the Caribbean. RCCL needs build newer Voyager & Freedom Class size ships. It probably will never happen but a new Radiance Class would be nice. I am looking forward to enjoying the Allure for the first time yet also plan on seeing more of Europe and don't expect to see many of the mega ships there. I hope I am wrong.

Several days ago in another thread, someone was mentioning that RC will no longer be building ships at STX France after the ones that are already ordered. There was mention of something to do with welds. So with this article and the possibility of more RC builds from STX France, it doesn't sound like there is a weld issue there.

Please ignore the welds issue - it's just an inside joke - though one poster is rather adamant about it (the same one that was wrong about any future builds at STX for RCCL)

Please ignore the welds issue - it's just an inside joke - though one poster is rather adamant about it (the same one that was wrong about any future builds at STX for RCCL)

Got it, and no more on it from me.:) I thought the whole thing was crazy anyway. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys , I just chat with the hotel directior of symphony and he confirmed the oasis n 6 and 7 was on talking .

Take any future ship info from staff (even HD) with a huge grain of salt.

Having said that here's a portion of an article related to the subject:

Bayley thinks Asia is ready for an Oasis-class ship but would need to produce sufficient volumes to maintain year-round deployment, since Royal Caribbean would not send such a large ship for just a season.

'It's close,' he told Seatrade Cruise News. 'When we are confident, we will announce.'

Take any future ship info from staff (even HD) with a huge grain of salt.

Having said that here's a portion of an article related to the subject:

He also said futur of royal is not with small ships all in on big ship like oasis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He also said futur of royal is not with small ships all in on big ship like oasis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In recent interviews Bayley has suggested the future is more likely to be in the 200,000 GT class ships. Large, but not Oasis class size.

You don't need to be hotel director to know that. The smallest ship RCI will be building for the foreseeable future is Quantum+ at about 170K GT (with Icon at 200K and Oasis at 230K). This in a world where a Voyager class ship (at about 140K GT) might be considered "small" yet is bigger than 90+% of other cruise ships.