Live from the Seaside April 7, 2018

maureencruiser

I came back about noontime and guess who was standing at my door? Maria, Oh, I was just going in, she said. Really? You knew you didn't clean me last night, I've been gone almost three hours and you haven't done a damn thing?

She was starting to make my Boston Irish come up. I said How long do you need? She said 10 minutes. So, I went and sat on the stairs for 20 minutes. My face says it all.

i-2GLmJcs-M.jpg

OK, my favourite review of the year and ....

you truly made me laugh out loud!

Love your reviews Maureen!! You definitely captivate your audience :) Sorry you are having an issue with your cabin steward making up your cabin. You shouldn't have to deal with that! I do hope she takes care of you!! Looking forward to more installments :)

I also love that you are from Lynchburg......we now live in VA Beach, but lived in Lynchburg for almost 20 years. We moved away in 2007. I used to work at Valley View Retirement Community....

Enjoy your cruise..... and thanks for posting and sharing your vacay with us!

Loving your review Maureen ! Sorry to read about your room steward . I'm assuming you are using the " service my cabin" light switch that signals that your cabin is vacant to be cleaned . Perhaps you need to explain how that works to Maria.

My question is about that chocolate . Can you tell me how it is? I'm a chocolate snob and I like good chocolate . Have you tried any of the individual pieces? Can you tell me the choice of flavors available ?

I'm anxious to read the rest of your review ! Thank you for sharing ! Have a great time !

One of the best reviews I’ve read ! Thanks for sharing your play-by-play cruise with us. Really appreciate all the time it takes to organize photos and ideas for us to follow along. We’ll be on Seaside in a few more weeks. Until then, we’ll be enjoying the ship thru you[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loving your review. Can I ask you if the complimentary drinks like iced tea and lemonaide are accessable at the buffet even when it is not dining hours? Being that you have sailled RCL you may have noticed that they shutdown the buffet at 9:30 pm and there is no access to get to the comp drinks station. Im hopeing its a different story on MSC as we like to bring our own insulated mugs onboard and grab an iced tea at the buffet before the show.

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm enjoying reading about your experience and looking at all the photos. I'm not a big chocolate eater, but some of the things in your Venchi photos look very tempting! Looking forward to more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Miami skyline looking as lovely as ever.

i-h9cvTpW-M.jpg

I see you, Royal Caribbean! Give solos better discounts! :p

i-nnnbpxd-M.jpg

Suddenly, I heard Pitbull singing Fireball.

i-4ctXFkk-M.jpg

A sailaway party had begun.

The topknot, who wore it better?

i-hZrTGCh-M.jpg

You both did, give yourselves a round of applause!

i-gvSBMDz-M.jpg

You seriously crack me up. Thank you! Love this review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best reviews I’ve read ! Thanks for sharing your play-by-play cruise with us. Really appreciate all the time it takes to organize photos and ideas for us to follow along. We’ll be on Seaside in a few more weeks. Until then, we’ll be enjoying the ship thru you[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, sometimes I wonder if the people who don't write reviews realize how much time they take. Each post that you read in 1 minute, probably takes an hour of selecting the right photos, composing something witty and hilarious (that just comes naturally to me) and posting it, while dealing with internet that keeps dropping, having to keep signing in, etc. It's an endeavor, but, I enjoy it so much. Like right now, CC is not letting me multiquote, so, I can only respond one at a time. :mad:

Loving your review. Can I ask you if the complimentary drinks like iced tea and lemonaide are accessable at the buffet even when it is not dining hours? Being that you have sailled RCL you may have noticed that they shutdown the buffet at 9:30 pm and there is no access to get to the comp drinks station. Im hopeing its a different story on MSC as we like to bring our own insulated mugs onboard and grab an iced tea at the buffet before the show.

According to the dailies, the beverage station is open 20 hours per day. What those hours are , are anybody's guess, It says coffee, tea, water, ice and creamers. What I'll do is tonight, I'll get up every hour, on the hour, and see if they are open. I will call you with an update at each hour. Keep your phone on with the volume on max. ;p;p

OK, for the room service guy, you didn't mention the breakfast hangtag, but, better safe than sorry, so here it is.

i-WDsdnjb-M.jpg

i-BPwLLQf-M.jpg

i-sFg3g5J-M.jpg

and, the good stuff...

i-9JvPRRn-M.jpg

i-ZdL74Pm-M.jpg

and, the minibar info. When I had the deluxe package, it covered the minibar, I don't know if that is still the case...

i-Ss3c9jh-M.jpg

So, I learned two things while I was sitting on the stairs waiting for Maria.

One is that people getting off the elevators do so very confidently. They come barrelling off there, take a right and go marching off with their chests puffed up with bravado.

Also a fact is that 90% of them will come back scurrying with their tails between their legs when they realize they went the wrong way. :'):')

I'm guilty of this, as well. I'd rather walk into a brick wall than let the people still on the elevator know that I have no idea where I am going.

The other thing that I learned is that when the elevators arrive, they do so with a three note chime.

I soon realized that the notes were exactly, 100% Neil Diamond's 1972 hit, Song Sung Blue.

There's a pause between the second and third notes, but, trust me, once you hear it, you cannot unhear it.

The elevator: Bing, bing (pause) bing.

Me: Every garden grows one. :'):')

Anyway, when I got back to my room, I realized maybe I wasn't giving Maria a fair shake. In her defense, the records show that I'm just heading to dinner at 9:30, so, I let her know that they couldn't accommodate me then and I would be probably eating at the buffet most nights around six or seven.

So, hopefully, we'll be okay. I then worked on my review for a while, then went to the Future Cruise presentation to see what was up there.

I'm interested in MSC's cruise to Cuba this winter that includes 2 overnights in Cuba. :D

I'm also dying to do the Med, but, not sure where I'll come up with the funds for that. I want to do like a three or four week tour of Europe, starting in Iceland, driving around Italy then finally the Med cruise. Maybe I'll start a collection, anyone interested in donating? ;p

They weren't offering any exciting deals at the presentation, just onboard credit, so, that was a bust.

While I was there, I saw this on the wall, thought it was chocolate and tried to eat it!

i-V7wwVRC-M.jpg

Talk about bait and switch!

By now, it was 4pm, time for a nibble. What's a poor girl to eat?

i-Df454m4-M.jpg

And, just for you naysayers, I had some fruit.

i-dJs74Hw-M.jpg

A bit of a walkabout after lunch led me to the aforementioned Speedos and butt cheeks.

Also, this terrifying bridge, where you can see exactly how far you will fall if the glass breaks.

i-XRgQHBS-M.jpg

And, most terrifying, the actual broken glass.

i-F7v2B2w-M.jpg

I moved quickly, trust me.

Arts and crafts had a good turnout, they were making paper flowers.

i-vwgc9PV-M.jpg

So, what are you supposed to do when you're a woman without a table, it's formal night and you have no formal clothes?

See if you can get that free Specialty dinner you've been promised!

Sure enough, they could accommodate me at the Steakhouse at 8:30, so, I laid down and took a nap. I'm elderly, that's what we do. :*

Of course, this disrupted what I had told Maria I would be doing and I just knew she would come knocking.

Around 6:30, bang, bang, bang. Surprisingly, it was not Maria, it was room service with treats.

A plate of chocolate covered strawberries.

i-gP3xMf9-M.jpg

A chocolate ship, and this thing has some heft to it! Unlike previous cruises, this one is wrapped, so, I can take it home to share with the landlubbers.

i-JbvhR2Z-M.jpg

And, a bottle of Prosecco.

i-4bbJvgg-M.jpg

I wanted to get out of Maria's way, so around 7:30, I headed up to get a drink and check out the Steakhouse. I was a little intimidated about going alone and without formal clothes.

The people I saw coming and going weren't dressed much better than me, so, I relaxed about that and had a drink.

i-QNwTnwr-M.jpg

i-VbVnKZF-M.jpg

i-k8JnqBR-M.jpg

And, zero chance.

i-QPzwhvS-M.jpg

I had a Hawaiian Martini, it was different, but, good. It was not covered under my package, I'm not sure why, but, that's OK. Drinks in the Specialty restaurant are covered, but, not in the bar outside the restaurant?

i-rKtHhMZ-M.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention, as soon as you walked into the bar, it smelled like the Schooner Bar on Royal Caribbean!

That tarry, smoky, kind of smell. They must sell that stuff to the cruise lines in giant drums. :')

I had a disastrous Specialty dining experience on my first Divina cruise and I was afraid this was going to be the same, but, it was the complete opposite!

The hostess actually came and got me at 8:00, my table was ready. As I walked in, I puffed up my chest like I just got off the elevator, stuck my nose up in the air and walked in like I owned the place.

I needn't have worried, there weren't that many people in there, they were mostly casually dressed and paid me no mind whatsoever.

I didn't realize they served brunch in there...

i-mvwppJt-M.jpg

Because I was comped, I could order off this menu, one of each category, much better than my previous experience.

i-5sXmwpw-M.jpg

Here's the regular menu.

i-jp94F8F-M.jpg

i-TD6R6nP-M.jpg

Aww, all bread should come in a little burlap sack.

i-cFgkjgs-M.jpg

A quick look around while no one was paying attention.

i-RBJhqMb-M.jpg

This may have been Bernie Sanders.

i-bLgLS23-M.jpg

I had the Caesar Salad. It did NOT say anchovies on the menu, but, there were only 2 of them, easy enough to knock aside.

i-6WswWV4-M.jpg

It was perfection, the dressing was just right,

The deviled eggs were wonderful.

i-b9DL6Md-M.jpg

The Filet Mignon with four sauces and mashed potatoes. Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise!

i-S9jkLzf-M.jpg

Perfectly cooked to perfection! Is that redundantly redundant?

i-j64q6Ln-M.jpg

I was literally dancing in my seat while I was eating this.

I had a glass of wine with my filet, that was covered under my plan.

By the time Carlos brought out the Lava Cake, I thought I would burst.

i-9FkqxkM-M.jpg

When there was a language issue at the next table, someone came quickly to translate.

i-hb6bPT5-M.jpg

And, when their little boy got fidgety , the translator was quick to entertain him.

i-Mkr4t4W-M.jpg

All in all, a wonderful experience, I heartily recommend it.

Since I was ready to burst, I came back to my (perfectly made up) room and started working on this. One of my favorite things about MSC has always been their shows, and so far, I haven't seen one!

Oh well, each cruise is different. Tomorrow, we're in Jamaica and I have booked an excursion through Resort for a Day, so, I will give a full report on that. See you tomorrow.

There is a button by your door above where you stick your card in to keep the lights on. I believe you push up for "clean my room" and down for "DND"....A light will illuminate on the outside based on your choice..

Praise the Lord! I jumped out of my seat when I read that! You are correct! :hearteyes::hearteyes: Now, I have the DND button on, thanks!!