First time Celebrity Cruiser require some help please

Savage2017

Hi fellow cruisers,

Myself and my husband will be heading on our first Celebrity Cruise on the Silhouette. We have done our previous cruises with Royal Caribbean, it feels like we starting again but looking forward to it. I’ve a few questions I’d love your help with;

1: Drinks Package =

We have the Classic package included, if we want to bump up to the Premium can this be done before the cruise or do you have to wait till boarding? Do they do disounts pre sails?

2: Shore Excursions =

Normally with Royal you would receive an email when a discount is on, is this the same for Celebrity or do I have to log into my Manage Booking and keep an eye on it? If so when would you recommend us to start watching for it?

3: Restaurants/cafes =

I know there is the main dining room and buffet which are included, I do love a good cappuccino during the day are there complementary cafes? Or are these extra or a certain drinks package.

My husband heard if you wait till on the ship the prices for the above are more expensive, have anyone else heard this?

Your help is much appreciated

Excited Cruiser

Wait until you are onboard to decide about upgrading your drinks package, you may find you don't need it.

You can find a good cappuccino at Cafe al Bacio on Deck 5. The price is included in your classic drink package.

Myself and my husband will be heading on our first . I’ve a few questions I’d love your help with;

We have the Classic package included, if we want to bump up to the Premium can this be done before the cruise or do you have to wait till boarding? Do they do disounts pre sails?

Normally with Royal you would receive an email when a discount is on, is this the same for Celebrity or do I have to log into my Manage Booking and keep an eye on it? If so when would you recommend us to start watching for it?

I know there is the main dining room and buffet which are included, I do love a good cappuccino during the day are there complementary cafes? Or are these extra or a certain drinks package.

My husband heard if you wait till on the ship the prices for the above are more expensive, have anyone else heard this?

Excited Cruiser

1. You can upgrade to Premium before the cruise on web site. You can easily upgrade after you board also if you want to see if the drinks you prefer are in the Classic. I have never seen discounts before cruise, but I have heard of some discounts on some cruises on board.

2. Celebrity does sometimes send emails on excursion discounts. Sometimes, the excursions are more expensive on board.

3. A lot of the specialty coffees are included with the Classic package. Some are included only in the Premium package. I believe the packages are the same price before the cruise and on the ship. But "sometimes" they do offer some discounts on board.

I hope I was of some help. Silhouette is probably our favorite Celebrity ship. :)

drink packages: there is no advantage to booking the "upgrade" in advance. See if what you like is in the classic and then, if you want, you can purchase the upgrade from any bar waiter or bartender on board. I have not seen any discounts for upgrades other than those who reach a high level in the captain's club program....elite plus/zenith.

shore excursions: you may or may not get an email...celebrity is inconsistent. Best way to find out is to check their web site (or often here) to see if there are any specials.

The only consistently good coffee is at cafe b'accio on deck 5. I believe that coffee and specialty coffees are only included in the premium drink package (as well as some non drink packages).

At times, prices for excursions are higher on the ship than if you book before....if you may want to do excursions, you can book them in advance and then cancel on-board if you change your mind (at least 24 hours in advance..some 48 hours). you have to pay in full when you book, but if you cancel, it becomes refundable on board credit so you get any unspent amount back after the cruise.

Hi fellow cruisers,

Myself and my husband will be heading on our first Celebrity Cruise on the Silhouette. We have done our previous cruises with Royal Caribbean, it feels like we starting again but looking forward to it. I’ve a few questions I’d love your help with;

Excited Cruiser

You can, and should, visit the shore excursion site for your cruise. I don't recall getting an e-mail, but it has been my experience you save by booking on line. Depending on where you're going, there are a very few excursions that are sold out by the time you're on board (or the only ones left leave at 8 a.m.) such as the Dr. Prager/Atlantis submarine trip (fantastic) or the Edinburgh Tattoo (they get limited seats). If you're doing a cruise that stops in several large cities....Copenhagen, Belfast, etc....check out hop on hop off tours (HOHO) they allows you the freedom to get off the bus where you want to and spend as little or much time as you wish.

Cafe al Bacio coffees are actually my favorite part of the classic bev package because I am not a huge consumer of wine, although I do partake, more so if I have the package.

My husband does like wine with dinner and I will get a cocktail most evenings when we do have the package and have never had any issue with what is offered. Maybe if I was more discerning about the brands of alcohol I could see the upgrade, but not for us.

Hi fellow cruisers,

You can do either. Sometimes there are pre-sail sales, however the upgrade differential will be the same ($11.80 per person per day). You don't have to upgrade both if only one wants the upgrade.

There are sales sometimes and you'll received an email pre-cruise if you've indicated you want the emails in your profile. You can also just check from time to time on the website. The excursions are slightly more expensive on board even without a sale (about 10%). We used to pay the premium on board before X changed the policy about using OBC prior to boarding. Now that you can use X provided OBC (not TA provided) there's no advantage to waiting.

The classic beverage package will cover most specialty coffees and teas at Café al Bacio. Some of the alcoholic coffees are covered as well. If you don't choose to upgrade the beverage package you'll just be charged the difference + 18%. You can order any of the specialty coffees, cappuccino in any of the restaurants or specialty restaurants with your beverage package, you just give them your seapass card.

Excited Cruiser

Have a great cruise. If you have Crown & Anchor status, X's Captain's club does some matching, so make sure you get a Captains Club number and link it to your reservation.

drink packages: there is no advantage to booking the "upgrade" in advance. See if what you like is in the classic and then, if you want, you can purchase the upgrade from any bar waiter or bartender on board.......
I agree, and just want to add that it would be a good idea for the OP to try out the classic package for a couple of days first before deciding whether or not to upgrade, (unless they already know that they are very picky about their liquor and will only drink top shelf brands).

The cost to upgrade onboard will be prorated according to how many days of the cruise remain, so you don't lose anything by waiting to upgrade.

Join your Roll Call. You don't give the date of your sailing, so I can't give you the direct link to it , but you can follow the 'Find your Roll Call' on the blue band.

It’s a good idea, as you can ask questions from other passengers on the same cruise.

7a9729cc55916a33fde7a50a5d5d8f3e.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

Guys ye are the best some great replies:*, must double check the emails I’ve selected in my profile. We do like our Baileys and I would assume this is not included in the Classic Package.

We are Crown Anchor members and even after doing 3 cruises with a Royal it doesn’t help with Captains Club level with X, we’ll get up a level some day.;)

Guys ye are the best some great replies:*, must double check the emails I’ve selected in my profile. We do like our Baileys and I would assume this is not included in the Classic Package.

We are Crown Anchor members and even after doing 3 cruises with a Royal it doesn’t help with Captains Club level with X, we’ll get up a level some day.;)

Sadly Baileys was removed to the Premium package about this time last year. I am a fan of the Frozen Toasted Almond drink (similar to mudslide) that is made with Baileys and was afraid I'd have to pay extra for it, but happily when I ordered it in December I could taste no difference and was charged nothing extra. I don't know what they used, but my Classic package covered it.

I agree, and just want to add that it would be a good idea for the OP to try out the classic package for a couple of days first before deciding whether or not to upgrade, (unless they already know that they are very picky about their liquor and will only drink top shelf brands).

The cost to upgrade onboard will be prorated according to how many days of the cruise remain, so you don't lose anything by waiting to upgrade.

Not bad advice. I wanted to point out that although Celebrity will prorate the upgrade based on the days, if you spent more than $10 a day (with changes over the limit) before you upgrade it will cost you more. Just wanted to point out that you could lose by waiting, but it is probably worth the risk for many people.

The first 24 hours is a big drinking time based on my observations.

We always upgrade because of the better wines, WCB, and some other higher end brands.

Contact Captains Club prior to sailing. They will match your RC status (up to Diamond).

If you drink martinis or good wine you’ll likely want to upgrade your package. The cost to upgrade is $11.80per day per person. We wait to upgrade until we get on board (always same price) & upgrade with a favored bartender (usually at Martini Bar). They then get the entire gratuity on the upgrade...& they will remember you. Welcome to Celebrity

Sent from my iPad using Forums