Musings on Mariner - A slow boat from China

John is right now smack in the middle of big oil country of course. Bucky's career was power generation, going to many countries over the years.

Actually I think John had involvement in oil somehow? Or not John?

Yep, did oil field services at end of career. Never went off shore. I can tell you how a pump jack works. Knowledgeable about blowoff preventers as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dune safari was fun, a little crowded, though. Felt rushed at end. I've now had lamb chops 4 nights in the last 13.

Chops

MDR

Giovanni's

Bedouin camp

Belly dance was very talented. Not live music, though.

Dune bashing was a little intense going up, down, and sideways. Have some video. Need to post to YouTube and attach link. Never done that before.

Laura hitched a ride through the Terminal.

Waiting on special pizza

End of Leg 1

bbbd9689d26005191365d0f9248a38d1.jpgcecaf50645469009e5b01ae4508a80b7.jpg121dcdc32ffffce7abec146eae936ced.jpg

And a few more

Kind of surprised to see QE2fdce93a7431b61f82bd312175cb8e077.jpgc294e461e98144382260a30ac4cc5e3d.jpg4af3511c60c4bfbb30a3a8ccbb9133d0.jpg8d59b4ecca289f656c5fbaf3ead155cb.jpgd29ef10088122d771dd56fa3a86edf82.jpg20cec5a697fa06455be39fd1324bca11.jpg

Great photos dune safari looked fun.

QE2 has been there 10 years.

It was an eyesore when we last saw her in February 2017.

They finally got round to refurbishing her into a hotel so it was nice to see your photo.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Kind of surprised to see QE2d29ef10088122d771dd56fa3a86edf82.jpg

She´s been there since end of 2008, unused and getting in a sad state not being used.

She´s just been into drydock in March for a week to get a paint job and be turned into a Hotel. Soft opening of the Hotel was just on April 18th.

Turnaround day in Dubai.

We have to move up to our new GS. [emoji33]

Goodbye JS 9264

Great location on aft hump. Close to CL and aft. Really big safe as well. elevator53c42a6be029bdc2e3f2e178d16a90a7.jpg5ef0ce8eecc312bc6b8558f33a8179b4.jpg

7e4ffd7b41aa947648a6e0d6ed67728f.jpg

John, there are many videos on YouTube about how to post videos to YouTube. That part is fairly easy.

If you just copy a link to post it here that works very easy. If you try to use the YouTube insert link that CC has it might take a few tries to find the right coding. If that is the tight word. If you are going about it that way and want to make sure you have it right before you post, preview it first. If you have it wrong you will have no video with an error message when you hit play.

I’m looking forward to the dune video. The camel photos look great as well.

Just figured out muster is at 5pm today.

During Happy Hour. [emoji33]

Oh, the humanity.

Bars closing at 4:30.

Maybe I should speak to El Capitan. [emoji848]

John, there are many videos on YouTube about how to post videos to YouTube. That part is fairly easy.

If you just copy a link to post it here that works very easy. If you try to use the YouTube insert link that CC has it might take a few tries to find the right coding. If that is the tight word. If you are going about it that way and want to make sure you have it right before you post, preview it first. If you have it wrong you will have no video with an error message when you hit play.

I’m looking forward to the dune video. The camel photos look great as well.

Thanks Andrew, I'll check it out.

I posted one of FB direct, but it's the one where camera was sideways. Oops.

I don't remember a tip jar visible in cl lounge on harmony. Is allen and owen still there??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Never got a drink in the DL on Harmony. Only used the Suite Lounge.

I believe, John had mentioned that Serenade had a tip jar/glass in the CL. Was just wondering about Mariner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, did oil field services at end of career. Never went off shore. I can tell you how a pump jack works. Knowledgeable about blowoff preventers as well.

Ahh...thought I remember you saying something about oil. I think you and Bucky had some conversations about same field of work?

Absolutely loved the pictures. How cool...and you two looked like you were pretty adept at camel riding! :)