Musings on Mariner - A slow boat from China

Like I said earlier, we had 30 minutes to kill and the cabin was almost ready, so I decided to save our cabin steward some time and move the bags myself. Only took two trips since Laura helped on the last trip. Left out steward a bottle of wine, some packaged mystery cheese, and some dead presidents.

By the time we got up to our new suite, the supervisor was there fixing the safe. It worked fine and we were unpacked by 9:00.

Need to sign off, my cabin mate wants to do something. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

First off I'd like to clarify something. The Mariner is in very good shape for a 15 year old ship. It doesn't reek of cigarettes, the cabins are not trashed, there are not roving groups of Chinese spitting all over the place, etc..

In fact, I only think we have around 100 Chinese passengers and they seem quite friendly.

Here are the numbers from the top tier event.

1987 C&A members

Gold 438

Platinum 283

Emerald 176

Diamond 422

Diamond + 422

Pinnacle 110

That makes 1,070 passengers eligible for the evening cocktail hour. [emoji33]

The following letter explains how they solved that problem.

Thank you, I had forgotten the numbers

I don't remember if you mentioned it, but was it daylight either time through the Strait of Hormuz? Any sign of warships?

It was dark on the way from Muscat to Dubai, couldn't see anything.

Greetings from the Arabian Sea. Not quite to the Gulf of Aden, just off the coast of Yemen. My Google Maps app seems to be working again. Last night we were back in Singapore. [emoji848]

Anyway, let's discuss our turnaround in Dubai and our new Suite.

Marinetraffic.com now has them in the middle of the Gulf of Aden now. (4pm here in the eastern US) I think you mentioned something about Israel. Are visiting Southern Isreal out of Aqaba or is there an Israel stop once you clear the canal? Forgive all the questions, I know nothing about the Middle East besides what you see on the news or PBS.

Marinetraffic.com now has them in the middle of the Gulf of Aden now. (4pm here in the eastern US) I think you mentioned something about Israel. Are visiting Southern Isreal out of Aqaba or is there an Israel stop once you clear the canal? Forgive all the questions, I know nothing about the Middle East besides what you see on the news or PBS.

They go to Jordan first, then Israel.

Try the sea scanning site. Click ships then Mariner then current position and current cruise

Ashdod is the most likely port in Israel.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Just realize that site shows projected location based on itinerary, not real location.

Its also good for looking to see what cabins are available. Gives a deck plan and not just a number.

Also, look at the itinerary and click on a port and it shows what other ships are in port. Easier than cruise tt

I don't remember if you mentioned it, but was it daylight either time through the Strait of Hormuz? Any sign of warships?
I believe it was early morning headed to Dubai and middle of night leaving Dubai. Never saw anything but the local patrol boats