Water no longer available for pre-purchase!!

FLCruise7

Wow[emoji35] I just don't understand why Princess doesn't let some time go by before they make yet another change that isn't it the best interest of their cruisers.

These recent changes are further diminishing my Princess cruise experience. Princess has provided my best cruise experience for the price paid but we’re now beginning to explore other cruise lines.

Maybe they’re seeking new ways to offset the high cost of Ocean Medallion because that boondoggle has been all debits with no credits. [emoji57]

Edited by Astro Flyer

These recent changes are further diminishing my Princess cruise experience. Princess has provided my best cruise experience for the price paid but we’re now beginning to explore other cruise lines.

You are not the only one.

Most of my friends who started with Princess when I did (late 90's) have moved on. I guess they are the wiser ones.

I am so glad our next cruise was booked with the Drink Package perk!!!!

Wow, what the heck is somebody thinking to charge THAT much for water.

this is almost disturbing.....

Wow, they will now stoop this low.

And, yes, flame me if you want... But I drink bottled spring water. I simply do not have a taste for fluoride, chlorine, aluminum, etc...

You know what? This is bull! This right here is enough to make us reconsider carrying though with our future European cruise for October. To triple or quadruple the cost of this package in conjunction with all the other cuts, the crummy Elite Lounge drinks with price increases. If I had known this I could have purchased a couple cases of water in advance of the Oct cruise.

Truthfully, I really have been on the fence about this cruise anyway and this here just might be the final straw.

We made up our mind due to no more BOGO that we weren’t going to drink much on our last cruise, and we didn’t. We had a grand total of 7 beverages. Ordinarily we might have had two pp per day. If this is the way they want to play it, then fine.

Just greed on their part. Jerks.

You are not the only one.

Most of my friends who started with Princess when I did (late 90's) have moved on. I guess they are the wiser ones.

I gave Princess a chance after a three year absence between 2011-2014 when their food in the dining room started to tank.

They redeemed themselves, but now this. Guess I will go back to Celebrity Again, where even though their individual drinks are high, most cruises have a good deal which include beverage packages PLUS a lot of OBC.

I just now spoke with my husband and he is irritated too and says he’d rather go back to Celebrity.

This kind of reminds me of when Celebrity decided to start to charge people $10 per burger or hot dog by the pool, amdcthere was so much outrage on the CC board, they had to reverse themselves after a week. Perhaps if we let our voices be heard, Princess might reconsider their position.

We are booked on an NCL cruise next year with a group that was already booked by friends. They do not allow you to bring ANY liquid beverages of any kind (except baby formula) on board period. The water package is $33.54 for 12 - 1 ltr. bottles, $53.94 for 24 - 1 ltr. bottles, and $17.94 for 6 -1 ltr. bottles. So while I am disappointed in the price increase, I'm not surprised as $6.90 was crazy cheap! I'm glad I purchased water for all of our 2019 cruises after the last time it disappeared from the personalizer!

Not worth the convince at that price. As bad a ripoff as at the airports. Cheaper to stop at a store with a taxi before you get on. Not many options for those of us that don't drink alcohol or soda.

Not worth the convince at that price. As bad a ripoff as at the airports. Cheaper to stop at a store with a taxi before you get on. Not many options for those of us that don't drink alcohol or soda.

I've never seen a $2 bottle of water at an airport (except for maybe Russia). :')

Bummer about the price increase though. I kept eyeing that package and figured I could always add it later.

Checking my June cruise, they’ve quickly added a “new package”...the same 12 pack of 500 ml bottles with a price increase from $6.90 to $23.46!!! [emoji35]

Bottled Water Package $23.46 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Without the package, 500ml bottles are $2.30 with gratuity and 1.5 liter bottles are $4.03 with gratuity. The package cost is $3.91/liter or a 15% savings over the individual 500ml bottle price of $4.60. If you buy the 1.5 liter bottles the cost is $2.69/liter. The individual bottles are also “conveniently delivered to the stateroom.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm going on my first cruise in July. This may seem like a silly question, but why the need to purchase bottled water? Is tap water bad tasting, or worse?

Never a necessity but was convenient to have in the room. I always kept a few chilled and ready to go and at $0.50 a bottle + tip it was one of the few cruise bargains. Still not terrible at $23.46 but by any criteria that is a pretty high rate of inflation.

I have just one question how long will it be before Princess stops you from taking Water or Soda on the ship.

Tony

Yes, it IS terrible at $23.46/12 pack. Just paid $3.35/45 pack ... I know that's crazy cheap and I would expect to pay somewhat more to a cruiseline. But, really, do the beancounters think we all have lost our collective mind?

I thought that a couple of years ago various CCL lines were pooling their purchasing power to buy stuff, like beverages, at a lower price based on volume ... so this increase really is all greed. I think Carnival started at $2.90, went up to $3 something, now at near $5 ... for 12 pks of 500ml bottles.

So much for Princesd passing on any savings to their passengers. Guesd they'd rsthef make a lot off a few 12 packs then make a little off each of a lot of 12 packs.

HOPE NO ONE BUYS THE WATER.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I have just one question how long will it be before Princess stops you from taking Water or Soda on the ship.

Tony

Hopefully they don't because that is one of the reasons we continue to cruise with them!