Will I Be Able To Make A 10:50AM Flight, Seattle?

SeaTac will be busy, especially in the Summer. Depending on how many ships are disembarking, the ports can be a zoo and many will be flying home.

Book the later flight to be safe

I would choose the earlier flight and not wait 5-6 hours for the next one. Speaking from multiple experiences flying out of Seattle you WILL make it if you line up for Self Assist early and are among the first off (assumes you are off the ship between 7:30-8:00 am). Yes Seattle is a busy airport but the 10:50 am flight is only 10 minutes earlier then the recommended "no flights earlier than 11:00 am". Check to see how many ships are in port, time arriving at port, and any other factors like TSA, etc. It can be stressful.

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Departure time is the scheduled time the brakes on the aircraft are released so the aircraft can push back. You still have have 40 minutes or so boarding time. Airlines have cut off times for checked baggage and require passengers to be on board the aircraft up to 20 minutes prior to departure. Further, if you miss your flight, the rules of your fare may require a change fee and any additional fare collection required. Assuming there is space available on later flights. I worked for a major airline, trust me. Also, I would never recommend flying in on your sailing date, either. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

On a Monday I think you stand a good chance of making it, but the TSA lines at SeaTac seem to be the hang up. I was there one morning at 4:30 am and the lines were already long and backed up.

Roz

On a Monday I think you stand a good chance of making it, but the TSA lines at SeaTac seem to be the hang up. I was there one morning at 4:30 am and the lines were already long and backed up.

Roz

So true about TSA long lines that back up.

Consider how long you will be sitting at the airport if you miss your flight and have to book another on a day that a cruise ship disembarked.

You will find that half the passengers will be requesting early disembarkation, all very anxious to make their early flights. Believe me when I say that it is not a fun situation. I will never do that again.

igraf

I think I already know the answer, but what's the possibility of making a 10:50 a.m. flight out of Seattle in July? Otherwise wait at the airport for 5-6 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

If you have TSA precheck and IF you sign up for the free luggage delivery from Port of Seattle, I say go for it. On a Monday traffic will be bad, BUT you are going the opposite way, out of the city instead of in. You will walk off with the first group. Grab a cab and go. Even if it's 8, you should get there by 9 at the latest. Your luggage is already there and you have your boarding pass (from the luggage delivery thing)..Breeze through TSA with precheck and you're at your gate with time to spare. Just my humble opinion

If you have TSA precheck and IF you sign up for the free luggage delivery from Port of Seattle, I say go for it. On a Monday traffic will be bad, BUT you are going the opposite way, out of the city instead of in. You will walk off with the first group. Grab a cab and go. Even if it's 8, you should get there by 9 at the latest. Your luggage is already there and you have your boarding pass (from the luggage delivery thing)..Breeze through TSA with precheck and you're at your gate with time to spare. Just my humble opinion

The indicators are the Seattle luggage program won't accept bags for flights that early. Plus, it is for most, but not all airlines.

Edited by CruiserBruce

The Seattle airport has a very nice post-security central atrium with free wifi and a number of full service and fast food options, not to mention shopping. So I'd book the later flight, take my time with disembarkation, get to the airport, not be stressed and enjoy a nice lunch and chill ....... but that's just me. I hate feeling stressed and rushed, what a horrible way to end (or begin) one's vacation!

$50-75 for a nice relaxing lunch at SeaTac is certainly MUCH less expensive than missing a flight and paying rebooking fees and/or being on standby and getting "stuck" overnight because all the flights are overbooked/sold out .......

Living here, I can tell you - traffic is HORRIBLE (even going the opposite way), and our TSA is slower than mud flowing uphill. It has taken me 45-60 to get thru before. Pre-check does make it faster, probably. Too many things would have to align perfectly, I think. Not worth the risk.

We cruise to relax, and the last thing we want to do is get stressed out about getting home. You have a great option for a slightly later flight, so take your time, pick a nice restaurant for a relaxed lunch and head to the airport with time on hand to face the TSA lineup. With the later flight, you'll also be able to take advantage of the Port Valet services and not have to lug your bags to lunch.