Confirming classic package

lisakoivu

Am I right that if you get the classic package and you want a drink that goes over $9, you pay the difference only?

We are going to Bermuda, so three port days. The new deals for May are awesome, we can get classic and tips included, ocean view for $3200 Canadian. It's too cheap to pass up the drink package but I don't think worth it to upgrade. So I'm just confirming that if we want the "odd" frozen drink, we just pay the difference?

Frankly, we're mostly in it for the coffee....TOTALLY ADDICTED TO COFFEE, lol. And it'll be nice to have beer and wine at dinner, etc.

TIA

Yes, you are correct. And, I guess you will be asked to upgrade to premium when onboard. You only pay the difference between the classic package price and the premium package price. As of now, this comes out to $11.80 per person per day.

Am I right that if you get the classic package and you want a drink that goes over $9, you pay the difference only?

We are going to Bermuda, so three port days. The new deals for May are awesome, we can get classic and tips included, ocean view for $3200 Canadian. It's too cheap to pass up the drink package but I don't think worth it to upgrade. So I'm just confirming that if we want the "odd" frozen drink, we just pay the difference?

Frankly, we're mostly in it for the coffee....TOTALLY ADDICTED TO COFFEE, lol. And it'll be nice to have beer and wine at dinner, etc.

TIA

FYI, many of the frozen drinks are also covered in Classic without any additional cost. I'm happy to say I've enjoyed many pina coladas, mudslides, frozen toasted almonds, frozen margaritas and dacquiris without being charges anything extra.

FYI, many of the frozen drinks are also covered in Classic without any additional cost. I'm happy to say I've enjoyed many pina coladas, mudslides, frozen toasted almonds, frozen margaritas and dacquiris without being charges anything extra.

This is very good to know! So happy to know I can enjoy a poolside pina colada with the Classic package :tropical-drink:

Do they do a non alcoholic version of these drinks? (esp. the mudslide?)

Yes, they just make the drink with the same mixers minus the alcohol. They are covered by the premium non-alcohol package and the classic alcohol and premium alcohol packages. Not sure about the classic non-alcohol package.

Yes, they just make the drink with the same mixers minus the alcohol. They are covered by the premium non-alcohol package and the classic alcohol and premium alcohol packages. Not sure about the classic non-alcohol package.

Thanks, that's great news.

Just a suggestion, but upgrade to premium. We try to always get premium and the you don't have to worry about it. It's vacation after all, and why be bothered with worrying about an extra charge here and there. Whatever you decide, smooth sailing.

We both have the Classic Alcohol Package. One of us wants to upgrade to the Premium Alcohol Package while the other does not. Is that possible?

Yes, that's is no problem. It is $11.80 per day. If you are selecting the beverage package as a perk while booking, you must both choose the same perks, but it is no problem to just upgrade one of the packages.

Well in that case, we really don't need to upgrade. We just thought maybe once or twice we'd enjoy a frozen drink.

I don't think it's worth it for us to upgrade with 3 days in Bermuda, we won't be on the ship at all. For the two of us, the cost to upgrade would be about $160 US and I don't think our little add ons will total that, we can get a couple of nice lunches in Bermuda for that price.

Thanks everyone!

You should be able to get ANY mixed drink without alcohol. They just charge the normal price to your account and make the profiit of no alcohol.

we had the classic package on our recent cruise on Solstice and were able to get frozen drinks as well as Jim Beam / Bombay original / captain morgan.... as well as many beers and wines, so we were more than happy

We had the classic package and I kept asking my wife if she wanted to upgrade. She didn't as she found plenty to like on the classic. She is a mudslide fan :). And this was before the change.

It used to be that if you wanted a drink not on the classic plan then you had to pay full price. Heck, one drink or glass of wine from the premium plan per day cost as much as upgrading so it made sense. Now that it's changed the upgrade is not that attractive.

If she want's a top shelf margarita then we'll just pay the extra $3 or so. But she'd only get one, cheap date, lol.

enjoy, lot's to love about the classic plan since the changes.

We had the classic package and I kept asking my wife if she wanted to upgrade. She didn't as she found plenty to like on the classic. She is a mudslide fan :). And this was before the change.

It used to be that if you wanted a drink not on the classic plan then you had to pay full price. Heck, one drink or glass of wine from the premium plan per day cost as much as upgrading so it made sense. Now that it's changed the upgrade is not that attractive.

If she want's a top shelf margarita then we'll just pay the extra $3 or so. But she'd only get one, cheap date, lol.

enjoy, lot's to love about the classic plan since the changes.

If your wife's a mudslide fan suggest she order a frozen toasted almond. She'll love you forever.

You should be able to get ANY mixed drink without alcohol. They just charge the normal price to your account and make the profiit of no alcohol.

But some alcoholic drinks have no mixer. For example, the mudslide is made with vodka, Kahlua and Baileys. Take out the alcohol and all you have is ice!

I am so happy that you posted this!! I was thinking of upgrading to the Premium package as I was concerned that the frozen drinks would not be covered. So thank you for the info!

If your wife's a mudslide fan suggest she order a frozen toasted almond. She'll love you forever.

I looked those up and the only recipes I see have them as a "regular" drink, not a frozen drink. Do they make them frozen on the ship?

I looked those up and the only recipes I see have them as a "regular" drink, not a frozen drink. Do they make them frozen on the ship?

Yes they are frozen on the ship if that's what you want. You can get a Mudslide on the rocks but it's just not the same.

I don't know if you search included the word "frozen", but yes, if you order a frozen toasted almond on the ship you'll get a yummy frozen drink. Here's a link to the recipe. http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/frozen-toasted-almond-504641#activity-feed. I sometimes ask them to swirl a bit of chocolate around the glass as an extra bit of yum.