Can Shipboard Credit Be Shared?

sonoma03

My fiance and I are on a cruise in June, and I have more shipboard credit than he does because I got the CCL shareholder credit. I am trying to pre-book an excursion, and I have more than enough credit to cover the cost for me, but he is short by $35, and the Web site wants a credit card to pay for the balance. I have sufficient credit to cover his $35 shortage, so I want to share the credit so we don't have to pay out of pocket. I called Princess to ask about this and the representative said their system doesn't allow sharing of credit. That seems really ridiculous when you have so many couples who are sharing expenses on a cruise ship. Has anyone been successful in getting their shipboard credit shared with someone else in their cabin? Thanks!

You can definitely do it once you are on board. If the rep is right, you can't do it in advance. Do be aware that Princess sometimes increases the price of excursions (after boarding can cost more than in advance), so you might do just as well to book it now with the $35 on a credit card and use the OBC you have for something else on board.

Unfortunately there is no way to predict whether the price of your excursion will increase or by how much. And of course we know nothing of what you might choose to spend on once you board.

You can definitely do it once you are on board. If the rep is right' date=' you can't do it in advance. Do be aware that Princess sometimes increases the price of excursions (after boarding can cost more than in advance), so you might do just as well to book it now with the $35 on a credit card and use the OBC you have for something else on board.

Unfortunately there is no way to predict whether the price of your excursion will increase or by how much. And of course we know nothing of what you might choose to spend on once you board.[/quote']

OP, while this may not exactly be the same scenario as yours, I was able to balance our OBC somewhat by having the shareholder (joint ownership) directed to my wife's account. That allowed her to cover some excursions with OBC rather than credit card.

You can definitely do it once you are on board. If the rep is right' date=' you can't do it in advance. Do be aware that Princess sometimes increases the price of excursions (after boarding can cost more than in advance), so you might do just as well to book it now with the $35 on a credit card and use the OBC you have for something else on board.

Unfortunately there is no way to predict whether the price of your excursion will increase or by how much. And of course we know nothing of what you might choose to spend on once you board.[/quote']

Yes, we are aware of that so we'd rather book in advance, even if we have to pay with the credit card. We'd just rather not do that if we don't have to.

OP, while this may not exactly be the same scenario as yours, I was able to balance our OBC somewhat by having the shareholder (joint ownership) directed to my wife's account. That allowed her to cover some excursions with OBC rather than credit card.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately if either of us has all of the shareholder credit, then the other person won't have enough to cover the excursion, so it would only help if we can split the shareholder credit, and I don't think they would do that if they won't split any other credit, especially since my fiance isn't a joint owner of the stock.

:evilsmile:It's $35...not $350

book it

we spend $ 35 in OBC before lunch on embarkation day...:cool:

So when did you get the idea you can tellothers how to spend their money? I am so glad you have so much money you do not care how you spend it.

My fiance and I are on a cruise in June, and I have more shipboard credit than he does because I got the CCL shareholder credit. I am trying to pre-book an excursion, and I have more than enough credit to cover the cost for me, but he is short by $35, and the Web site wants a credit card to pay for the balance. I have sufficient credit to cover his $35 shortage, so I want to share the credit so we don't have to pay out of pocket. I called Princess to ask about this and the representative said their system doesn't allow sharing of credit. That seems really ridiculous when you have so many couples who are sharing expenses on a cruise ship. Has anyone been successful in getting their shipboard credit shared with someone else in their cabin? Thanks!

If you keep your spending separate from each other, might I suggest that in this instance you both use one credit card for both of your expenses, then even things when you get back home. That way you can share evenly your OBCs during the cruise! :confused:

Tom

We have taken our DS and his family with us on a cruise. He was using his cc to pay for their expenses so we had 2 separate folios. I wanted to pay for an excursion they were going on so I went to the PSD and had the cost of their excursion transferred from his folio to mine. I had no problem doing it. So yes you can transfer specific costs from another pax to your folio

Here is what we did in the same scenario where I had more OBC than DW.

Called Princess and out of my OBC they let me pay for both tickets on an excursion. They won't let you mix the two amounts (yours and your spouse), but they will let one side purchase two tickets for an excursion.

Hope that helps.

Don

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately if either of us has all of the shareholder credit, then the other person won't have enough to cover the excursion, so it would only help if we can split the shareholder credit, and I don't think they would do that if they won't split any other credit, especially since my fiance isn't a joint owner of the stock.

You can't split SOBC, but since I get Military OBC, submitting the shareholder

paperwork in DW's name, balances the the OBC niceley.

The Princess representative you spoke to was wrong. You can't use each other's OBC to pay for excursions online, but they can do it in their system. Call again. If they tell you they can't do it, escalate.

Correct!! I did exactly that last month. Luckily, I got an agent who knew how to do it on the first call.:D