I forgot to check in online!

I was irresponsible and forgot to do my online check in and print luggage tags :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:. Now, it's too late (cruising on Sunday.) Past cruises, I have had everything ready to go, lined up at the pier with my folder of printed documents, checked in, and got on.

What happens now that I don't have my luggage tags and online check in completed? Where do I go and what is the process?

It will be my first Celebrity cruise and my first cruise out of Bayonne, so I'm a little nervous as it is.

Don't worry; it is not a big deal. The porters have blank luggage tags and will fill them out for you upon request. The check-in procedure just takes a couple extra minutes if you did not complete the on-line check-in process, but is nothing serious or to be concerned about.

Don't worry; it is not a big deal. The porters have blank luggage tags and will fill them out for you upon request. The check-in procedure just takes a couple extra minutes if you did not complete the on-line check-in process, but is nothing serious or to be concerned about.

Thank you so much for the reply. So, I'll just stand in the line like everyone else, and then when I get to the check in counter, I tell them I didn't do my online check in? And they can do it while I'm standing there?

Just get in line with the rest of the folks. Be sure to bring your reservation number and confirmation. You'll fill out the info in the check-in line that would normally be done online and it will only take a few extra minutes. The porters at the pier have blank luggage tags. No worries. Have a great trip and don't stress.

I would add that it would be a good idea to have a printout of your invoice handy. I've never sailed out of Bayonne, but almost all (or maybe all) US ports require ID and some proof of sailing to enter. Without your express pass, you'll need something to show.

Other than that - as other's mentioned, no bid deal at all.

Mike

Don't fret. It isn't a big deal. Hundreds of people don't do the online check in, they don't have a computer, they don't have a printer, they don't know they are supposed to, etc. And of those that do, some pack them, some forget them at home, some spill coffee on them. It is absolutely no big deal and it doesn't add but a minute or two to your check in. Go at the time you want to and they will take care of everything.

Don't fret. It isn't a big deal. Hundreds of people don't do the online check in, they don't have a computer, they don't have a printer, they don't know they are supposed to, etc. And of those that do, some pack them, some forget them at home, some spill coffee on them. It is absolutely no big deal and it doesn't add but a minute or two to your check in. Go at the time you want to and they will take care of everything.

My dog ate my checkin form!.....Ohhh, I dont have a dog, Oh well.

Den

I was irresponsible and forgot to do my online check in and print luggage tags :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:. Now, it's too late (cruising on Sunday.) Past cruises, I have had everything ready to go, lined up at the pier with my folder of printed documents, checked in, and got on.

What happens now that I don't have my luggage tags and online check in completed? Where do I go and what is the process?

It will be my first Celebrity cruise and my first cruise out of Bayonne, so I'm a little nervous as it is.

I was able to print luggage tags online. I laminated mine as well;p;p

What would be the best time to get there?

We just sailed the Summit the week of April 29th. Our limo dropped us off at the cruise terminal just after 10:30, when they reportedly open. Based upon this experience, plan to arrive around 10:15 to be among the earliest people to go through the process. You will probably have to wait to board the ship, but you will beat the crowds to get your luggage tags and boarding docs done. Happy sailing!

We just sailed the Summit the week of April 29th. Our limo dropped us off at the cruise terminal just after 10:30, when they reportedly open. Based upon this experience, plan to arrive around 10:15 to be among the earliest people to go through the process. You will probably have to wait to board the ship, but you will beat the crowds to get your luggage tags and boarding docs done. Happy sailing!

The OP does not have to arrive early because they didn't complete online check-in. As others have said, it is a non-issue and only adds a couple of minutes to the process. If they want to arrive early, that is great, but they should not be made to feel as if they have to arrive early because of not checking in on-line.

Gonzo is right. Just need your name, and your reservation number will assist, but just a name gets it going. The only time taken is adding your CC info and signing a form of who else can use it, I think.

Enjoy! Much like not having a hotel reservation.

Den

Thank you for posting.....I feel so much better now because I did the exact same thing on my last cruise. :DI don't know what happened, I had everything else printed just not my boarding pass!!! It caused me absolutely not 1 second of delay and everyone was very nice about it. When you get called to the counter just tell them and as long as you have your credit card and passport it will be no problem....they have everything in the computer already. :')As for luggage, they'll have plenty of people working and they're used to printing out luggage tags. One thing I would suggest is to make sure you have your own luggage tags on your bags......just in case...and write down your confirmation number and cabin number that will make the luggage process go faster. I have a feeling this happens a lot!!!!

Edited by Hydrokitty

The worst that can happen is that when you enter the terminal, you'll need to show your ID so they can confirm that you are on the ship's manifest. That might take a few minutes - and I mean just a few. Most of us are so used to having an Express Pass in hand that we don't notice what happens with those who don't. On a couple of occasions, we've passed people who were trying to enter without the pass but once they can prove who they are and the staff checks the manifest, they go merrily on their way. The check-in process will not take much extra time.

Don’t go too early. Some times check in doesn’t start until 11 or so. Then you have to sit around and wait for them to call you to board which is the fun part.

Why don't you just call the cruiseline and have them enter your information into the system?? They will have access to the system and do it for you. That way, you should encounter no problems when checking in.

As others have said, the luggage tags should be no problem, the porters will have them for you.