When do you feel like you’re finally on vacation.....

Jthomasou

It may sound sadistic, but I LOVE when I get to the airport. I don't care what time it is, early or late. I waltz in, leave my sunglasses on, post up near a sunny window, and have the biggest beer they'll serve me. At our layovers, we make sure to get a Cinnabon. THAT is when it starts to feel like vacation to me. Even in the hustle and bustle, I love that i'm not at work:)

As soon has we leave the house and get off our street. We spend the night in a hotel the day before our cruise so that is the start of my vacation. We take our time and stop 3 or 4 times on a 4 hr trip. Its out time and we take full advantage of it.

I hate driving for long hours so if I have a long drive to the port than I don't really consider that vacation. I like flying so if I'm taking a flight I would consider the moment I get off work as my start. But I'm driving this time, It would be when I get to my first stop and check in to that hotel which is like 4 hours from the cruise terminal.

When I get the sign and sail card, assuming it is at a port where it is still given out in the terminal. It means we have cleared security and there are no snafus. Just waiting for them to call us to go on board. If we have not arrived that early, we can even board immediately once we have the cards. BEST feeling.

For me it's when I'm leaving the office on my last day! [emoji16][emoji16] I enjoy the week leading up to the cruise, or any trip, even though it's busy.

I keep a pretty structured schedule with everything planned out (packing, laundry, to do list, errands, last minute things needed at the store) and I start packing well ahead of time. ( a trick I learned I college while working full time and taking full time credit load)

I do everything I can to reduce craziness of getting to the airport....put the bags in the car the night before, or at least put them downstairs by the door. Full tank of gas, EZPass loaded, have a folder with everything in there for the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me, it is once we are through security at our home airport. Security always stresses me. It seems like every time we have gone to the airport in the last year, the process is different. So, once that's done, I am good to go.

It takes my husband longer. Probably after muster drill for him.