When do you feel like you’re finally on vacation.....

Jthomasou

Our Cruise is in 5 days.

I can never decide which is worse the week leading up to a cruise or the week following.

So my question is when do you finally feel like you’re on vacation. For me it’s when I am thru security and I am walking on the gangway to the ship.

It’s as though the stress falls off of me on the walk.

I’m usually nearly 100 percent relaxed once our room isn’t available.

Definitely AFTER muster drill. I am usually stressed out and tired from all the packing and making sure everyone has everything (passports, boarding pass etc) and all the lugging of the luggage on board and schlepping it up stairs (usually hard to get an elevator at embark) and then since I am super claustrophobic, muster drill stresses me out immensely being packed in like sardines on a hot and airless deck in the middle of summer in Galveston. But once the muster drill is over.... its like air being let out of a tire....I go into the happy place and stay there till the morning when we have to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The moment I’m done with work the day before. My vacation starts on that drive home.

I'm totally in agreement with you, leaving work the day before is the beginning.....however, once we land and are in our destination city......it's truly "vacation mode" for real big time!!!

The moment I’m done with work the day before. My vacation starts on that drive home.

I agree! May I add planning the vacation and anticipating it the week before is all part of the excitement! Plus the drink in the airport after bags are checked....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being retired, one may say my life is a vacation!

But, when I finally feel that I am on a cruise is a different story.

Being a NYer and sailing only out of NY....when I'm sitting in the buffet, eating a piece of chocolate cake, looking towards shore and seeing Coney Island.

I love to go to the beach fairly often and watch the ships head out to sea. When I'm on one....I think how jealous all those watching the ship from land must be!

That first night after getting on board, luggage accounted for, muster over, excellent dinner, crap put away, kindle on night stand, and nobody waiting for anything from me! Long shower, clean jammies, remote control in hand, and flopped onto cool clean sheets. Last of the stress for several days - I can’t WAIT!

After muster drill when I put my phone into airplane mode and my staff can no longer contact me about things. One of the best parts about cruising is the ability to go completely off the grid.

That or when my husband and I go for our ritual mani-pedi together the night before we leave. My job is one that doesn't allow nail polish, so as soon as I have pretty feminine nails again, I know I'm done with work for a bit.